Songs you used to like (or even love) that you would be happy to never hear again!

Inspired by the Eagles thread, what songs have you once liked, that have been flogged so much that you just can’t stand them anymore?

Off the top of my head-
American Pie
Bohemian Rhapsody
Enter Sandman
Thunderstruck

As far as Hotel California goes, that used to be on the list, but I’ve mellowed to not mind it again.
Its strange, I have a few songs that I was sick to death of, that I have come around to again.

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
Anything Linkin Park since that's practically all I listened to from 11-13yo.

INXS - Never Tear Us Apart. Port Adelaide home games are not helping that.

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing. Great song by a great band I'm just completely burnt out.

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Before it was released as a single I didn't mind Under the Bridge by RHCP. That changed about a week after.

Sweet child o mine. The horse has decayed back to earth.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Anything off californication. It was entertaining for about a month

agree with thunderstruck

I love ac dc but that song has no melody, and simply isn’t in the same realm as their other stuff I don’t think.

I wouldn’t say I’m sick of bohemian rhapsody but Queen have 15 songs I’d listen to first

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Occasionally get this from Better Be Home Soon. Love the song, closes my fave CH album too, but my god is this wheeled out ad nauseum as a cultural anthem, kind of song that shouldn't be heard too often imo.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Occasionally get this from Better Be Home Soon. Love the song, closes my fave CH album too, but my god is this wheeled out ad nauseum as a cultural anthem, kind of song that shouldn't be heard too often imo.

Don’t Dream It’s Over is another one that can hit in the right spot or really grate.

Amazing song, but overplayed. Seemed it was sold and packaged to a number of brands and included in a stack of commercials in the mid-late nineties, although I’m sure there’s some selective memory at play as well.

Don’t Dream It’s Over is another one that can hit in the right spot or really grate.

Amazing song, but overplayed. Seemed it was sold and packaged to a number of brands and included in a stack of commercials in the mid-late nineties, although I’m sure there’s some selective memory at play as well.

Agree with the Crowded House thoughts, but they are great songs! Which was the point of the thread, I suppose.
I can’t watch either of the Opera House gigs without tearing up! Oh to be at those gigs, I don’t think I’ve ever seen crowds united in their love for songs as those gigs, especially those two songs.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Soundgarden is one of my favorite bands (see avatar!), but Black Hole Sun bores me to tears.

The problem with these kind of songs is they intentionally never get out of 3rd gear and run like 5-6 minutes long. There's absolute no peaks and troughs and zero payoff after you're done listening to them. Reckon Plush by Stone Temple Pilots is pretty similar, and a few later tracks on Ten have the same effect.

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Stairway to Heaven
Khe Sanh
Back in Black
Enter Sandman
Nothing Else Matters
Thunderstruck
Down Under