Movie Sonic the Hedgehog

Remove this Banner Ad

I kind of assume that when they greenlight these things as a cashgrab they take a generic script that's floating around and insert the video game stuff into it rather than starting from scratch.

Super Mario Bros felt like they abandoned the fantasy setting for Blade Runner. This one does the whole booorrring military plot like every other recent bullshit film.

Maybe because they couldn't even make Sonic look like Sonic?

This was photoshopped and it looks 1000x times better...

sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-2.jpg
Sure, I prefer that photoshop too.

Iconic characters always change aesthetically. Have a look at Bugs Bunny or Garfield. Times change, characters change. What're you gonna do? There's probably a fair enough reason they changed his eyes- I'm no animation expert.

Picture this:

VFX department of the film studio. Bunch of guys, maybe one token girl at a meeting. An image of sonic is up on the board.

"So they want this guy realistically animated to interact with humans and objects in a real life film."

"Oh. Ok. We can do that. We'll also change his proportions and facial structure to become more like nightmare fuel."

"Sounds good, academy awards here we come!"

Just...I can take a cringy Jim Carey. I can handle silly CGI. I'd take a bogus story line.

But that blue abomination...it scares me.

Will probably still be average, but at least they're trying to fix it.

Whoever thought Gangsta's Paradise would be good trailer music should be fired.

This is hilarious, they're going to spend so much money to redo the CGI for a film that looks awful regardless of the Sonic design.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is about 1000% better.

See, listen to the fanbase and the movie will likely do better financially because of it. Sure, its going to cost them to fix it, but the net result will likely be more profit.
I don't know about that. This only fixes the animation problem, not the other issue of the trailer making the film seem like derivative low effort trash from 2005.

I don't know about that. This only fixes the animation problem, not the other issue of the trailer making the film seem like derivative low effort trash from 2005.

It could go either way, but I think the initial reaction to the trailer scared them enough that they saw the potential loss of profit from the original attempt and went all out to fix it.

The goodwill of doing that alone will ensure most people will at LEAST give it a go now, regardless of if they like it or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back