Prediction Sonja Hood

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I remember going to Fitzroy vs Geelong and the reports were they might call the game off as they couldnā€™t pay players.

Thatā€™s the team weā€™re only just outperforming.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What ever . full rebuild happening hopeless coach to boot . But we are doing ok off field .

It's not that wild a thought, though, TPA.

If I can put it this way: humans share about 85% of the same DNA as mice. But it's that last 15% that makes all the difference.
I dunno, I keep getting caught in mouse traps

Agree with your sentiment but that King grab about rebuilding coaches rarely being the ones to enjoy the fruits of the project almost doesn't apply here.

I think King's logic in this case would've been the side eking out 5 or so wins, oscillating around 2021 best form for the year with a couple of sharp peaks and troughs. Players clearly developing but the side as a whole still a relative easybeat but capable of the odd upset or at least the ability to take a contender to the line. But ultimately a feel that Noble is just getting the team ready for a finisher coach.

But the 2022 year is so completely off the rails I don't think King's logic even applies here. It's not even holding currency as a rebuild year, it's just the football version of aimless strolling around Chapel Street at 3 in the morning looking for a kebab.
Kingy has sound historical knowledge of such things :cool:

Would never happen now. VFL did fuggin nothing to help the Roys. They were happy to see them driven into the ground. Made relocation easier.
did nothing to help them but also actively sabotaged everything they tried. we're not in that territory anymore. I don't think the AFL would do much to bail us out if we ended up in a financial pit, but they're also not calling Mazda to tell them to cancel the deal, or declaring Blundstone arena unfit to host AFL games.

did nothing to help them but also actively sabotaged everything they tried. we're not in that territory anymore. I don't think the AFL would do much to bail us out if we ended up in a financial pit, but they're also not calling Mazda to tell them to cancel the deal, or declaring Blundstone arena unfit to host AFL games.
Letā€™s ensure Nauru never obtains a percentage of our club

Ok, but WHY.

Was he too hard, too soft, too focused on X, was he playing favourites, getting bad advice, were the communication lines ducked due to internal structure, was too much left to him, were the assistants doing what they were told, were any staff white anting him.

And if so... Do we now need to focus on regaining the faith of the players, do we need to go harder on them and demand higher standards, do we need to completely rebuild our pre season plans, do we have to make amends to specific players or give them better contracts because of damage done, do we need to look at his higher ups and what they've dictated, do we need to change the structure of the coaching department, do we desperately need more staff, are the assistant coaches needing replacing (AGAIN).

Yes, well then... How do we prove things will change, how can we get accountability, do we just leave it to the new coach to design the next pre season from scrap, are these relationships too damaged and we now need to look at getting a return on the trade table, do we need a change of board members or football director, what type of staff do we need, who is available, can we just reshuffle them to save money...

It's just not as simple as saying the coach is a lemon so lets get a new one. God I wish it was that simple.

Why?

Half the team are underachievers as much as I hate to say it and thatā€™s about it.

Mate itā€™s footy not rocket surgery šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
Yes I was curious about the 90% right figure that David Noble annointed himself with as his coaching scoreline ... perhaps he might have gotten his figures wrong or perhaps can't count :think:

Cause I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't score the bugger 90 out of a 100 for his coaching. Would you? :huh:

Last edited:
Why?

Half the team are underachievers as much as I hate to say it and thatā€™s about it.
That's the other half of the equation and it's completely backed up by the team's individual player stats. Even our best players performances ATM wouldn't get them a guernsey at most other teams.

Last edited:
That's the other half of the equation and it's completely backed up by the team's individual player stats. Our best players ATM wouldn't get a guernsey at most other teams.
Will Brodie couldn't get a game at GC and is now close to an AA mid.

If Mason Wood can go and get a regular game at a contending side, then the following would walk into other teams:

McKay
Corr
McDonald
Hall
Simpkin
Greenwood (maybe not on this year's form though hey)
Anderson
JHF
Goldstein
Larkey
Zurhaar

And I'm probably missing a couple others.

While the list is far from perfect and still needs a lot of work, the talent is there and the endless pursuit of the perfect list before we expect improved performances just seems like a bit of a cop out to me.

Ok, but WHY.

Was he too hard, too soft, too focused on X, was he playing favourites, getting bad advice, were the communication lines ducked due to internal structure, was too much left to him, were the assistants doing what they were told, were any staff white anting him.

And if so... Do we now need to focus on regaining the faith of the players, do we need to go harder on them and demand higher standards, do we need to completely rebuild our pre season plans, do we have to make amends to specific players or give them better contracts because of damage done, do we need to look at his higher ups and what they've dictated, do we need to change the structure of the coaching department, do we desperately need more staff, are the assistant coaches needing replacing (AGAIN).

Yes, well then... How do we prove things will change, how can we get accountability, do we just leave it to the new coach to design the next pre season from scrap, are these relationships too damaged and we now need to look at getting a return on the trade table, do we need a change of board members or football director, what type of staff do we need, who is available, can we just reshuffle them to save money...

It's just not as simple as saying the coach is a lemon so lets get a new one. God I wish it was that simple.
POT ******* Y

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could have our 3rd coach in 5 years. Whilst Noble could very well been the main problem, there is clearly other issues outside of coaching given 3 blokes have had a crack at it now

But Fitzroy weā€™re broke big difference..
After hearing that fu(king bit)h Wilson the other day apparently we are still in debt.
I want our Chairwoman to call her out on the TV show sheā€™s on to retract those comments and apologise and if she doesnā€™t threaten her with legal action as in my eyes and I dare say a lot of supporters of the NMFC this will prove sheā€™s legit and gain the support of the supporters if this happens.

Will Brodie couldn't get a game at GC and is now close to an AA mid.

If Mason Wood can go and get a regular game at a contending side, then the following would walk into other teams:

McKay
Corr
McDonald
Hall
Simpkin
Greenwood (maybe not on this year's form though hey)
Anderson
JHF
Goldstein
Larkey
Zurhaar

And I'm probably missing a couple others.

While the list is far from perfect and still needs a lot of work, the talent is there and the endless pursuit of the perfect list before we expect improved performances just seems like a bit of a cop out to

We are not top 8 because this crew arenā€™t top 8 players. Doing something flashy one or twice a game wins them kudos but inconsistently they create skills errors that cost us goals, or simply donā€™t perform to the consistent high level that their roles require. These roles are actually interlinked to their performance and subsequently they become each otherā€™s worst enemy. Unfortunately we need to keep turning them over and investing via Draft and Trade to find a set of players that are skilful enough to meet the demands of what is required to be elite and with a new Coach. We are years away

There has to be more to it than just Noble's inability to coach, he looked okay last season, especially in the second half of the season. There has to be other factors behind a dozen 40+ defeats and hopefully the Walsh review will discover these and we can resolve them (or at least most of them) before the end of the season.

It doesnā€™t matter even if youā€™re Ron Barrassi, if you donā€™t have the cattle then you donā€™t have the cattle.

This team is not up to winning unless Cunners is playing at his best.

We have plenty with potential but potential gets you wins in the future, it gets you buggar all right now.

Alternatively, one was there for nearly a decade and the other got screwed by the unprecedented hub situation.
Of course mate, either way the review may not recommend Noble's sacking, or it may as part of more wholesale change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back