FTA-TV Sopranos, what really happened next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Well its been a while and we've all had time to wonder what happened in the restaurant when the family sat down together, last episode.
Me, I think everything was different ,but, every thing stayed the same.
Silvio is in intensive care (but NOT dead), Pauli is a capo ,maybe the guy who walked in the restaurant that few seconds before the black set in, was nobody ,but we were all left to make up our own minds. Actually Tony would be sitting pretty, his main men were still there, the two he trusted most Pauli, Silvio. John Sac is dying, Phil has no head left. Junior is in dementia, New Yorks new young boss loves Florida.
What do others think.

Insanely and brutally obvious that Tony died. There's about 50 thousand hints leading toward it throughout the last season.

Insanely and brutally obvious that Tony died. There's about 50 thousand hints leading toward it throughout the last season.
I,m not so sure . From season four maybe even a bit earlier the whole thing started getting marvelously black, he really was a low life and vicious by miles.He was always going to die from the day he was born to the parents he had, but not yet .Thats my interpretation for what its worth. It showed to me what an ingrained terrible desease America has with its organised underworld. Its still there and always will be, but you won't be able to see it as like the last 20 years and the likes of John Gotti who may as well have walked around with mafia boss on his Tshirt, s**t he probably did , the real bad smart ones you' ll never see, they just dissappear but they aren't gone thats what Tony was to me.
If you watch the series' again, all six, and then again on the fox which I'm doing now. the whole thing about all of them is how really rotten from the inside they are even the faithful wives. But then the third time around you know them before you begin again and they are scum and the whole TV series changes because you actually hate Tony from episode one,
Its strange but it is also true, try it for no.3 .The show was made by geniouses and acted by true artists. Deadwood a close second and Rome WOW!

The show wasn't even primarily about the mafia...

There are literally dozens of clues in the last season leading up to Tony dying. He's dead.

I reckon it was all a dream

Great analysis there 'jimmy'. Very creative.

Personally i hated the ending, just left me feeling ripped off. I spent 64 hours watching Sopranos to get treated like that.

In my opinion, Chase was trying to give the audience a slice of the paranoia that Tony goes through every day. If you can remember, that last scene was edge of the seat stuff, every-time someone entered the dina you held your breath. The stares from customers peering over there menus, waiting for the perfect time to pull out a gun and finish Tony. It was all Paranoia, and thats all the Chase wanted us to see or feel.

Bit complicated, but after watching it again i feel it has some credit.

The show wasn't even primarily about the mafia...

There are literally dozens of clues in the last season leading up to Tony dying. He's dead.

prove it... haha

You cant say he's dead when the ending clearly didn't show it. It cut to black, whether that black is to resemble the instant death who knows.

prove it... haha

You cant say he's dead when the ending clearly didn't show it. It cut to black, whether that black is to resemble the instant death who knows.

Except Tony had already spoken with Bobby Baccala about how you died it all 'just goes to black, no sound, nothing' and how the dream episode where he met all his dead friends whilst he was in a coma was called 'Members Only' and the guy who 'killed' Tony was wearing a 'Members Only' jacket.... and like a thousand other clues that anyone who has even a small attention span would have picked up on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great analysis there 'jimmy'. Very creative.

Personally i hated the ending, just left me feeling ripped off. I spent 64 hours watching Sopranos to get treated like that.

Treated like what? An intelligent human?

If he visibly killed him off, everyone would have said 'meh, too predictable, was always gonna happen'. If he kept him alive everyone would have said 'meh, soft ending, weak, series deserved better etc'. I thought he took a great path. He left a number of clues to allow the viewer to come to its own conclusion.

Its only being cheated if you like things dumbed down and blatantly obvious.

Yer there were clues like Tony said his favourite Godfather scene was when the guy went into the toilet to get the gun which is what the trucker guy did.
Also how Bobby and Tony were in a boat and they discussed how when you died did it just go black and silent.

Treated like what? An intelligent human?

If he visibly killed him off, everyone would have said 'meh, too predictable, was always gonna happen'. If he kept him alive everyone would have said 'meh, soft ending, weak, series deserved better etc'. I thought he took a great path. He left a number of clues to allow the viewer to come to its own conclusion.

Its only being cheated if you like things dumbed down and blatantly obvious.

I couldn't agree more. If some guy walked into the diner and just fired some rounds into Tony's head, it would have ruined the show and the entire series.

I think it's blatantly obvious that he died, but if others don't agree then that's fine. If there's one thing we can all agree on it's that the Sopranos was a truly epic show and wont ever be matched by anything else.

While I think he's dead I think the Godfather theory makes no sense. Why would someone plant a gun in the cubicle of a restaurant Tony dosnt frequent often and only decided a go there an hour before. Why would the person need to plant a gun anyway

I couldn't agree more. If some guy walked into the diner and just fired some rounds into Tony's head, it would have ruined the show and the entire series.

I think it's blatantly obvious that he died, but if others don't agree then that's fine. If there's one thing we can all agree on it's that the Sopranos was a truly epic show and wont ever be matched by anything else.

I actually reckon The Wire is better.

Whether the guy was getting a gun from the toilets isn't the point. It was a stylistic/directorial choice to have the guy do the same thing as in Tony's favourite Godfather scene, acting as yet another clue to Tony being murdered. It also made more sense for his killer to come up beside Tony (i.e. from the toilets), rather than face-to-face.

I'm amazed that people still question whether he died or not. "You never even hear it when it happens" and Silvo's experience seeing Jerry Torciano's murder were the only two clues that we really needed.

While I think he's dead I think the Godfather theory makes no sense. Why would someone plant a gun in the cubicle of a restaurant Tony dosnt frequent often and only decided a go there an hour before. Why would the person need to plant a gun anyway

It was the symbolism of the gunman going to the bathroom first, then coming out and killing Tony. Same as Michael does in Godfather.

the guy was wearing a Members Only jacket... the Member Only episode was a direct reference to Tony joining all of this dead relatives and friends...

The screen went black... just as Tony and Bobby said it would....

He was EATING A FRIGGING ORANGE EARLIER IN THE VERY SAME EPISODE.... I shouldn't need to tell you what that means.

It was the symbolism of the gunman going to the bathroom first, then coming out and killing Tony. Same as Michael does in Godfather.

the guy was wearing a Members Only jacket... the Member Only episode was a direct reference to Tony joining all of this dead relatives and friends...

The screen went black... just as Tony and Bobby said it would....

He was EATING A FRIGGING ORANGE EARLIER IN THE VERY SAME EPISODE.... I shouldn't need to tell you what that means.
Lol yeah and lets not forget the first shot of the episode. Tony laying dead. I thought eggs were the cue in the Sopranos as well as oranges

Whenever bad s**t is about to happen, people hold oranges, or drink orange juice... Chrissy came back to life as an Orange cat... scared the s**t out of Paulie ....

Its all based on how in Godfather Part 1 Vito Corleone gets gunned down at the fruit market, holding oranges.... like an homage

Whenever bad s**t is about to happen, people hold oranges, or drink orange juice... Chrissy came back to life as an Orange cat... scared the s**t out of Paulie ....

Its all based on how in Godfather Part 1 Vito Corleone gets gunned down at the fruit market, holding oranges.... like an homage
Yes we all know that but the Sopranos used to use eggs a lot to signify death was coming. Junior is cooking eggs before Tony kills Ralphy, Tony steps on some egg shells before Adriana was killed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back