Toast Sorry Adam

Remove this Banner Ad

Good documentary. Bucks's comment at the end about "This can't be his story." sums it up for me. One of the true greats of the game. Has there been a more complete footballer? He could do it all and play any position on the ground. Yet he's going to be more remembered for the shameful end of his year.

I personally believe that being viewed as a whinger and being critical of "the lucky country" were bigger factors in his booing than racism was, but either way it was abhorrent bullying by an ugly mob.

The same people who accuse Adam of creating division in the community by speaking out about racism and the same people who defend Falou for speaking about against homosexuality

See how they operate?
Racism is a thought pattern as are other isms/phobias. "If you are not a norm, you are lesser than a norm." is at the heart of the thinking. Whilst this thought pattern thrives so too will discrimination in one guise or another. It's a thought pattern that is on the increase on both sides of social politics.

Good documentary. Bucks's comment at the end about "This can't be his story." sums it up for me. One of the true greats of the game. Has there been a more complete footballer? He could do it all and play any position on the ground. Yet he's going to be more remembered for the shameful end of his year.

I personally believe that being viewed as a whinger and being critical of "the lucky country" were bigger factors in his booing than racism was, but either way it was abhorrent bullying by an ugly mob.
I haven't had a chance to watch it yet (totally forgot it was on).

I do think that you may be right and the majority of booing was due to incidents as a player more than racism although after the incident with the young girl, people started taking sides which was sad for all concerned.

Sorry to Adam and all our Aboriginal brothers and sisters.

There is a lot I would like to say, but instead I will listen, please keep telling us your story. Your strength strengthens us all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back