Toast Sorry Adam

Remove this Banner Ad

This whole saga is a cry for attention.
Pathetic that it was swallowed whole by the media.\\The AFL are sheep.

There is a racism issue surrounding AFL fans and supporters, as there is in every sporting sphere which needs to be eradicated.
The Goodes booing was not part of it.

Attention seeking sook.

This whole saga is a cry for attention.
Pathetic that it was swallowed whole by the media.\\The AFL are sheep.

There is a racism issue surrounding AFL fans and supporters, as there is in every sporting sphere which needs to be eradicated.
The Goodes booing was not part of it.

Attention seeking sook.
AMEN!

The silent majority find Goodes antics, repulsive and childish.

Why are the left such self-righteous people who jump to false conclusions and insult other people as a form of moral preening?

I need bourbon. I really ******* need bourbon.

AMEN!

The silent majority find Goodes antics, repulsive and childish.

Why are the left such self-righteous people who jump to false conclusions and insult other people as a form of moral preening?
Goodes stood up for himself and his people. Many of those who booed him did so from a racial perspective.
I applaud the AFL for finally recognising this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I don't agree that a vast majority of the booing had anything to do with race, it's likely a very small minority was. Personally I booed him for two reasons 1. he was a good player (like Hird, Ablett etc) and 2. I didn't like his on field antics namely faking for frees and sliding in feet first. As long as it's within common sense boundaries I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to put an opposition player off their game.

In terms of not wanting a lap of honour, had I been present I would have clapped as there's a time and place for booing and that isn't after the final siren.

Regardless I don't see any harm in the AFL apologising - they'd be damned if they didn't. It would have been nice of the AFL to echo the media comments though and come out in support of Pendlebury after the Essendon antics on ANZAC day.

Goodes has had to deal with racism in his career, before the booing controversy. This is pure fact.

When he was being booed, he openly said he felt racially vilified. I'm happy to accept that the vast majority of people who were booing him were not doing it out of racism (I would suggest a small minority were, there's always some). But as far as I'm concerned, if he said he felt racially vilified by it, any reasonable person who had been doing it (for whatever reason) should then stop. Otherwise you're just willingly and knowingly behaving in a way that makes someone feel racially vilified. At the very least it makes you a s**t person.

I think Goodes is generally quite an over sensitive and at times cringeworthy person. But holy s**t, if anyone tells me that what I'm doing makes them feel facially vilified, I would stop there and then, no matter what my initial intention was. Pretty s**t that anyone would willingly make someone feel like that and hide behind "oh but I'm not doing this because of his skin colour".

Last edited:
Adam sincerely believes he is a victim of racism. Undoubtedly some booing was by those who have racist disregard for Goodes.

However the majority rightly or wrongly booed for a range of reasons ranging from his unsportsmanlike staging for free kicks to his response to the girl who called him an ape and Australian of the year award and comments afterwards.

What worries me most is this trend that because you are (insert identity) whereby whatever you believe is true via solidarity rather than empirical evidence. And those who question your version are subsequently labelled as (inset label).

I suspect a good number of those at the AFL and in the media don't agree with Adam's version of events however for the sake of their careers they won't publicly disagree with him. To do so, and the subsequent born controversy, would endanger their employment. So they say yes and wait for this all to blow over.

What we have here is effectively a retelling of the Emperors New Clothes... whereby everybody is publicly compelled to go along with Goode's debatable version of events.

The truth however will forever remain debateable. Adam has chosen a particular path but personally my indigenous hero's are the like of Noel Pearson, Jacinta Price, Warren Mundine.... people who look beyond grievances and tale ownership of their communities successes and failings.

Yes it turned racist but initially it was his over reaction to a young girl that was dissing his appearance (not his skin colour) that sparked it. Her meaning was more along the lines of big ape/big galoot, it was everyone else (Adam included) that added the racial overtones, after that it just got a life of it's own. The "we have to educate her" line rang hollow considering the whole farce was driven by those same educators. I consider her blameless, I can't say the same for our president though, that was an almost inconcievable brain fart.

Yes it turned racist but initially it was his over reaction to a young girl that was dissing his appearance (not his skin colour) that sparked it. Her meaning was more along the lines of big ape/big galoot, it was everyone else (Adam included) that added the racial overtones, after that it just got a life of it's own. The "we have to educate her" line rang hollow considering the whole farce was driven by those same educators. I consider her blameless, I can't say the same for our president though, that was an almost inconcievable brain fart.
Did I miss something? How do you know this?

Historically, the insult has been used with people with dark skin. I'm sure the young girl didn't realise it as adults do (or should, I guess. It seems plenty are ignorant here), so I think it Goodes had his time again, he would've gone about things differently.

I can completely understand him reacting in a split second to an insult that has racial undertones. People have reacted much more irrationally to tamer insults to be honest.

Did I miss something? How do you know this?

Historically, the insult has been used with people with dark skin. I'm sure the young girl didn't realise it as adults do (or should, I guess. It seems plenty are ignorant here), so I think it Goodes had his time again, he would've gone about things differently.

I can completely understand him reacting in a split second to an insult that has racial undertones. People have reacted much more irrationally to tamer insults to be honest.
I'm not engaging people on this one because you won't change my mind and I won't change yours, but I stand very firmly behind what I said above!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back