Toast Sorry Adam

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
How can people say it has nothing to do with race when the booing was in response to (a) goodes calling out racism (b) his indigenous spear dance?
No matter which way you slice it, the question of race was on the table and you cant pretend you can just ignore it and boo in relation to some other supposed thing.
It wasn't just one or the other though, those saying it was just racism are wrong, those saying there was no racism are wrong, and everyone keeps arguing from their immovable position

It wasn't just one or the other though, those saying it was just racism are wrong, those saying there was no racism are wrong, and everyone keeps arguing from their immovable position
If you read back over the last so many pages, the strange thing is that nearly every one is saying, the booing was a bad thing, racism is a bad thing. There was racism involved but it probably wasn't all racism. Yet we're still arguing.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
History is written by the victors and right now we have a white supremacist in the white house and an ex KGB officer slash head of an oligarch empire manipulating elections Brexit etc all over the world to hand power over to the racists of the world

Your post makes you unworthy of being taken seriously. How ironic that you brand the President of the U.S.A a white supremacist in a thread about the hurtful abuse thrown at footballers. Again, as I have asked others, upon what do you base your disgusting slur? Trump has achieved wonders for the black community with regards to record low unemployment and a rise in wages. Is this the behavior of a white supremacist? Trump routinely has groups of African Americans in the Whitehouse and has worked hard on prison reform which will benefit many African Americans. I have seen endless footage of African Americans embracing and cheering Trump. Why would they do so for a man you claim hates black people and is aligned with Nazis? Why would a white supremacist be such a friend of Israel? When Trump recently embraced the LGBTQ community and has begun a campaign to decriminalize homosexuality around the world, Cher was still not happy and claimed gays would soon be in internment camps under Trump. That is every bit as deranged as your white supremacist comment.

Check out the clips below and see just how much of a white supremacist we have in Trump. :rolleyes:

Trump addresses the 2018 Young Black Leadership Summit in the Whitehouse

Trump honours African Americans at the WhiteHouse.

I think it's sad that years later we are still debating this matter. History will be on the side of Adam Goodes. History is always on the side of those who campaign for fairness and against discrimination. Some of the drongoes booing Goodes may not have been racists; they may have just mindlessly followed the mob. Some were definitely racists, uncomfortable or even outraged that an uppity black man was telling them how to behave; a black Australian of the Year no less. It was sad and disgraceful that perhaps the greatest indigenous player ever was hounded out of the game. Hounded out of the game by the bullying mob. I suspect the majority of the booing was racially based, but I can't prove it. It doesn't cut it that most of the booing was in response to some of Goodes's less than sportsmanlike behaviour either. Plenty of thugs have played the game and most did much worse than Goodes and were never booed as loud or as long.
One thing is consistent across this debate, back in 2015 and again now; the denial. It's deafening.
Beautifully put.

Your post makes you unworthy of being taken seriously. How ironic that you brand the President of the U.S.A a white supremacist in a thread about the hurtful abuse thrown at footballers. Again, as I have asked others, upon what do you base your disgusting slur? Trump has achieved wonders for the black community with regards to record low unemployment and a rise in wages. Is this the behavior of a white supremacist? Trump routinely has groups of African Americans in the Whitehouse and has worked hard on prison reform which will benefit many African Americans. I have seen endless footage of African Americans embracing and cheering Trump. Why would they do so for a man you claim hates black people and is aligned with Nazis? Why would a white supremacist be such a friend of Israel? When Trump recently embraced the LGBTQ community and has begun a campaign to decriminalize homosexuality around the world, Cher was still not happy and claimed gays would soon be in internment camps under Trump. That is every bit as deranged as your white supremacist comment.

Check out the clips below and see just how much of a white supremacist we have in Trump. :rolleyes:

#fakenews

Interesting so who can we boo?
Or not Boo?
My thought is players that get booed the loudest is not a reflection of skin colour,Its more to do with the supporter trying to put a player of there game.
Should we also say sorry for players like Dipper?
Or champion white players that also got heckled.

Interesting so who can we boo?
Or not Boo?
My thought is players that get booed the loudest is not a reflection of skin colour,Its more to do with the supporter trying to put a player of there game.
Should we also say sorry for players like Dipper?
Or champion white players that also got heckled.
Did you boo Goodes?

jmac70
I sure did sir,
And I booed Barry Cable,Wayne Wayne Schwass ,Wayne Carey,Leigh Mathews,Wayne Harmes,Mike Fitzgerald,Tim Watson,Bruce Doull.

In Other sports.
Viv Richards,Joel Garner,Sachin Tendulkar,Murli,Arjuna Ranatunga.

But I booed Goode's not due to his Ingenious background.

jmac70
I sure did sir,
And I booed Barry Cable,Wayne Wayne Schwass ,Wayne Carey,Leigh Mathews,Wayne Harmes,Mike Fitzgerald,Tim Watson,Bruce Doull.

In Other sports.

Why did you boo him?

Why did i boo the above examples?
I can assure you it had nothing to do with skin colour.

May I ask jmac70
Have you ever booed a player?
Or criticized a player?
And why?
I don’t boo players, unless something particularly dirty happens. I booed umpires as a means of voicing my displeasure at decisions.

The booing of Goodes was started by Hawthorn supporters, largely due to their perception of him as a dirty player. It quickly became viral and developed racial undertones. Once that happened, booing took on a sinister motive.

jmac70
I sure did sir,

In Other sports.

Ok so Murali was a chucker, but Sachin?! Viv?!

Viv was a legend. I loved him as a kid.
Me too.

Dude seems to have a thing against guys named Wayne. Mind you, Carey and Harmes make perfect sense.

If you boy Lil Wayne are you racist or are you fighting against misogyny?
I’m not sure of anything except that as a white male, I’m in the wrong by default.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows

I'll just assume you are joking because nobody could possibly be that ignorant, his father Fred Trump was arrested in the early part of the last century at a riot started by he and his other KLu Klux Klan members. It's been a part of his family for centuries.

trumpsr1-1.jpg

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I think it's sad that years later we are still debating this matter. History will be on the side of Adam Goodes. History is always on the side of those who campaign for fairness and against discrimination. Some of the drongoes booing Goodes may not have been racists; they may have just mindlessly followed the mob. Some were definitely racists, uncomfortable or even outraged that an uppity black man was telling them how to behave; a black Australian of the Year no less. It was sad and disgraceful that perhaps the greatest indigenous player ever was hounded out of the game. Hounded out of the game by the bullying mob. I suspect the majority of the booing was racially based, but I can't prove it. It doesn't cut it that most of the booing was in response to some of Goodes's less than sportsmanlike behaviour either. Plenty of thugs have played the game and most did much worse than Goodes and were never booed as loud or as long.
One thing is consistent across this debate, back in 2015 and again now; the denial. It's deafening.

It amazes me how people continue to state empathically that there were definitely racists booing Goodes because he was an uppity black man. This expression has been used frequently in this thread and it is utterly without foundation. As I have repeatedly asked, why did these same racists remain mute in the years that followed Long and Winmar's bold stands against racism? One would think that due to the fact that these two were the original leaders in this fight to end racism that the pushback would have been far stronger. By the time Goodes made his comments and pointed out the young girl over fifteen years had gone by since Long's famous stand.

It reminds me of the mindless masses who attribute the election of Trump to racism as so many have done. When asked to explain how it is possible when many of those who voted for Trump had previously voted a black man into office on two occasions, one lurches into the murky waters of cognitive dissonance. It is astonishing. It is all too easy to throw the blanket of racism over any issue which disturbs you or you disagree with. It achieves two things-it completely delegitimatizes those you oppose and just as importantly arrays you in a cloak of righteousness.

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m pretty sure that Adam acknowledged the fact that it was a child, that was well covered following the incident.

I think the incident has achieved its desired outcome, and hence validates his chosen course of action. Let’s just say the girl was ruined in the way you claim, that is sad and her parents should be held accountable for that. We are a much better society for what Adam did.

And yes it is everybody’s responsibility in a first world, developed, wealthy country to eliminate such fundamental inequalities, and yes this is fundamental issue caused by colonialism.
I see that you are passionate about this and all the more power to you. But all this is, is us paying for the sins of our forefathers. And there needs to be a period of time where we do get called out and pay that price.
I personally never boo anyone but I also thought that he is a flog. I loved Krakour and Leon when they played for us. Does that make me selective racist? Maybe. Not for me to judge.
I also accept that he has every right to feel racially abused. But at some point you need to look forward and leave the past behind.
Ps I haven’t seen the doco so I’m kind of commenting without that context but I don’t want to deny anyone the right to feel offended if they choose to.

Back