Sorry Buku Khamis

Remove this Banner Ad

No real need to post. I just didn't see a lot of humble pie being consumed in threads after the round...

I expect there's a lot here that go off angry, half cocked off a loss and don't bother when things go to plan (typical internet review, right?), but he was good v. Melbourne.
He was even better v. Gold Coast.

Just sayin'....

Edit: (Ooops 😳 Note to self: Don't try to be antagonistic after Monday afternoon beers...)

Last edited:
No real need to post. I just didn't see a lot of humble pie being consumed in threads after the round...

I expect there's a lot here that go off angry, half cocked off a loss and don't bother when things go to plan (typical internet review, right?), but he was good v. Melbourne.

Just sayin'....
Probably start by spelling his name correctly in the thread title if you’re going to pot others…

Just sayin’….

It was criminal that they made him, a natural born back flanker, play as a key forward. And also Easton Wood.

Just sayin'....
I also thought he was decent v Melbourne despite a couple of bad plays. Could not understand people calling for him to be dropped ahead of Coffield who was hardly eye-catching.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought Buku was pretty good. Marking was excellent and he beat Walter’s in a few battles. Only played a handful of games so still not the finished product yet. At his size he needs to be versatile like Morris or a dasher like Wood. Based on 2 games evidence, his style is closer to the former than the latter. Will be interesting whether he has the ability to shut down a Betts type like Morris used to do.

his contested marking has improved, positive signs and i have more hope than i did last week, but still gets lost and spectates too often on the ground, still a ways to go until he is a complete AFL player

Buku as a player reminds me a bit of Ryan Hargraves.
Loved it when Hargraves would sneak forward from defense and kick a goal.
Hopefully, Buku can snag regular goals (he is a great set-shot kicker).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Buku was pretty good. Marking was excellent and he beat Walter’s in a few battles. Only played a handful of games so still not the finished product yet. At his size he needs to be versatile like Morris or a dasher like Wood. Based on 2 games evidence, his style is closer to the former than the latter. Will be interesting whether he has the ability to shut down a Betts type like Morris used to do.
He's taken some spectacular marks which is more Woodlike

Buku is us finding another KPD (Hello JOD) away from being one of our most important players.

I've been one of the most vocal supporters of Khamis on this site for years. Should have played in defence last year. Keep building the fitness and offensive side of being a defender and he will really come on. Always knew is intercepting and effort to make or cause a contest was there.

Buku did well on the weekend and I hope he continues.
Baku is the capital of Azerbaijan

Is there a potential AFL audience there?

Maybe do a Port, and play an 'away' game there as the 'home' team?! 😄

Forget about Baku we should be sending a team to Buka

Remove this Banner Ad

Back