SORRY ESSENDON GET OVER IT!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hirdhasbigears

Debutant
Jun 28, 2000
ESSENDON SUPPORTERS NAMELY DAN24:

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MOST PREMIERSHIPS FOR THE REAL SEASON IN HISTORY. PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. YOU ARE EQUAL WITH CARLTON. I KNOW THAT IS HARD FOR YOU BUT IT IS TRUE. SO PLEASE FACE UP TO IT AND REALISE YOU ARE NOT THE BEST IN HISTORY, BUT EQUAL BEST AND YOU NEVER WILL BE THE BEST BECAUSE WE'LL GET ANOTHER PREMIERSHIP NEXT YEAR TO STOP YOU. I KNOW YOU ARE EXCITED BUT YOU ARE NOT THE BEST IN HISTORY. THE BEST THIS YEAR, BUT NOT THE BEST EVER.

Sure...Can I watch you jump out of a cake please??? at your next business meeting.

Carlton 16 premierships in 104 VFL/AFL seasons

Essendon - 16 premierships in 102 VFL/AFL seasons.

Essendon didn't compete in 1916-17 because or World War 1.

Translation - 16 flags in 102 seasons is better than 16 flags in 104 seasons. Essendon has also won 6 night flags (Carlton has won 2)

So you are wrong. Essendon is the greatest.

You can't argue with the facts.

We also beat your 20-2 Home and away record. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Also Essendon has 2 AFL premierships (so do Adelaide, Weagles, North/Sydney/Canberra/God knows where next Roos, Carlton has 1.

In fact, lets just arrogantly bring the stats up again. We're the best, so we can afford to be arrogant.....and cocky..... and unbearable. Ha ha

Essendon - 16 premierships.

Oh yeah, baby....

I love to brag. Bragging rights are the funnest thing about winning the premiership.

16 flags, baby.

The rest of the comp, look up. If you look closely you might just be able to see Essendon miles above you all in the stratosphere.

Go DONS !!

Gloat all you like Bombers!

Especially when it's Carlton supporters bagging you.

Stick it up 'em, I say and enjoy the moment

How many Grand Finals has Carlton played in since they beat you in the 1999 Preliminary? Answer 1. How many Premierships? 0

How many Grand Finals has Essendon appeared in since it lost the 1999 Preliminay? Answer 1. How many Premierships 1.

That looks pretty close to 100% to me!

Enjoy.

By your stats then dan the Crows with two flags in ten seasons would equate to Twenty flags in 102, ipso facto the Crows are best.

Carlton - 16 premierships

16 flags. That's as many as Essendon. I'm sorry, but the night series counts for nothing cause at good teams the good players don't play in the Ansett Cup series.
So get over yourself Dan.

P.S. With your war stats did you ever think that Carlton too, may have been depleted in those years. At least they had the decency to continue playing. There certainly wasn't any depth to Essendon in those days was there?

Julia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Fat Jack:
Also Essendon has 2 AFL premierships (so do Adelaide, Weagles, North/Sydney/Canberra/God knows where next Roos, Carlton has 1.

But who has the Gold One?????

eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

The people that say that the night series don't matter are always supporters of teams that don't win it. Correct Baby!!!

The night series doesn't matter does it ?

Last time I checked, the Ansett Cup was one of two premierships you can win in any given year. It s another premiership that adds to the clubs history and another trophy to add to the cabinet.

6 night flags is SEPERATE to our 16 day flags. I agree. But it is still in the history books. 6 night flags is a record, and it is all part of a clubs history. Carlton have only won 2 night flags, which is s**t. They may claim that they concentrate on the regular season, but so do we !! And just because we concentrate on the regular season doesn't stop us from winning night flags.

As for the Crows goon who claims they are the most successful.....grow a brain. First of all, you have NEVER finished higher than 4th. Ever. In 10 seasons, your best win-loss record is 13-9. And you have only made the finals 3 times in 10 years, most of the time with a final 8 too. You still couldn't make it, even though 8 teams made it.

Try actually finishing on top of the ladder and winning a premiership like Essendon, and the Crows might earm some respect, instead of being labelled as flukes (rightly or wrongly)

In fact, over their 10 seasons, the Crows have won LESS than 50% of their games. Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon have all won about 60% over 100 years. Until the Crows can achieve some sort of consistency, they won't be acknowledged as an historical pacesetter of the competition.

julia $100,000+ and avoiding playing practise matches in the black stump says that teams hold the ansett cup pretty highly
no team wants to lose any match, so why would the ansett cup be any different

good to see that the players at carlton also want to win premierships
hamill to sydney
allan to ???
porter to ???
hulme to ???
massie, etc etc

obviously realise that they dont have a chance at carlton
either that or they want to escape supporters like u

HAHA truth hurts hey BAYBE, yes Dan that means you, christ you act like one may as well be called one :p

Grow a brain yourself by all your reckoning im right. Dont matter if weve never finished on top, by percentages of premierships to years in the competion, we are the best.

nahnahnah go on now have another sooky cry

Just keep on missing the finals, Crows rule.

Adelaide seem to have become experts at that since they started in 1991

A 47% winning strike rate over 10 years for a team with all those members and all that money. What an embarassment.

I'll look forward in 2001 to yet another year where the Crows miss the finals.

I still think, generally speaking the Crows have been abject failures since they came into they AFL. They luckily won the Grand Final in two seasons when they weren't the best, but even then, they only had a 13-9 record.

The Crows have been a disappointment since they began in 1991.

I agree

The Crows have been a big disappointment since 1991. All that money and all that talent should have produced a better overall average than 47 %

Then you have to look at some of the huge stuff-ups that have happened at Footy Park over the years :

- Their almost complete inability to win a game in Melbourne 1991-1996
- Graham Cornes : surely the strangest man ever to coach at AFL level
- Another Cornes Masterstroke : Eugene Warrior (who? - exactly)
- Robert Shaw (had to hire personal security to protect him from the clubs own fans)
- Malcolm Blight cleans out all their good players THEN jags two flags with two very ordinary squads (thanks Neil Craig)
- Gary Ayres unfairly humiliates the No1 Ruckman by making him wash cars, then that same ruckman walks out in disgust

The old VFL were terrified of letting an Adelaide side into theleague because they feared it would be a powerhouse - shouldn't have worried so much guys.

The Adelaide Crows are cronic under-achievers - they always will be because when you are a big fish in a little pond there is no aggression or burning desire to achieve more. Why should you try hard when you will always be a rich heavily supported club regardless of whether you win lose or draw.

Where did the 47% come into it???

I thought the post was about premierships to length of service. By that reckoning the Crows are the best. Stuff winning percentages, flags are what counts. The Crows percentage of flags to years in the competion would give them 20 flags over a hundred years, the Dons and Carlscum have 16 each, ipso facto the Crows have the best record for time played.

You have your stats to serve your purpose and i will have mine. God your a sook.

BSA i agree with all you said, im no crows fan, im just posting to wind Dan up!!! Its just someone has to do it, may as well be me.

Here's another view about the bombers.Okay a flag in 84/85 agreat feat.One in 93 then 7 years on one in 2000.Before this flag the bombers had won only one flag in 15 years.With the amount of talent at boofhead's disposal over that period it was no wonder sheedy was under the pump to keep his job this season.OH then there is the salary cap cheating saga 'god could you imagine the screaming and kicking from sheedy if it was the eagles who done that or if it was a eagles player who done a crude gutless and cowardly act on one of his players nearly getting his neck snapped while bent over going for the ball 'o my god you could see it now sheedy wheeling out the gallows for a half time hanging .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back