Sorry Jeremy

Unreservedly. From the AFL and all 18 clubs. We’re sorry for not standing with you and saying GTFO of here, that is a mark and has been so for over a century.

Discuss.

And Howe still received a stiffer penalty for taking that mark, than what Zorko did for clocking someone behind play when they weren’t looking.

And Howe still received a stiffer penalty for taking that mark, than what Zorko did for clocking someone behind play when they weren’t looking.

IF he Gets Suspended that I give up on the AFL

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Everyone needs to calm down

Special AFL Rule:

• Jeremy Howe is NOT allowed to win mark of the year

(Unbelievably rubbish nonsense decision)

Last edited:
What, has he been reported for that??? For taking a mark??!!

Alex jesaulenko would turn in his grave, if he was dead yet
No.

A free kick only. Zorko got a fine, which hurts the team not at all.

The AFL is making a ucking mess of our great game. Those in charge are there as custodians to nurture the game. Instead they’re destroying its very fabric.

If they don’t stand the ump down, they deserve to stand themselves down.

FrakturedHalo

The Voice of Reason
May 6, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thank god for that, i was about to type up a strongly worded letter and enclose it along with my afl membership card and tell them to stick it, ive got my pies one anyway

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I suppose the question is whether today's over-reaction by the umpires is worse than the over-reaction by the AFL last year in making a new rule..... as far as I remember if you put a boot in the head of an opponent like Greene did last year, you could easily call it high contact. In fact, today you could call Howe's boot in the back as push in the back.... so free kicks without making a new rule...

The AFL is making a ucking mess of our great game. Those in charge are there as custodians to nurture the game. Instead they’re destroying its very fabric.

If they don’t stand the ump down, they deserve to stand themselves down.

They are Destroying the Game and Its a Joke what it's been Turned into

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
They are Destroying the Game and Its a Joke what it's been Turned into
An inexperienced umpire (I think it was Alex Whetton) made a dumb mistake. It happens often. It's been happening forever and a day, and it's just the way it is with humans making decisions! He'll probably get dropped because it was such a bad mistake.

No-one's destroying the game. The game is just fine, and the competition is in fantastic shape. I think we're seeing one of the best years of football I can remember, so a simple umpiring error won't be spoiling my day!!

An inexperienced umpire (I think it was Alex Whetton) made a dumb mistake. It happens often. It's been happening forever and a day, and it's just the way it is with humans making decisions! He'll probably get dropped because it was such a bad mistake.

No-one's destroying the game. The game is just fine, and the competition is in fantastic shape. I think we're seeing one of the best years of football I can remember, so a simple umpiring error won't be spoiling my day!!

There was more then 1 bad mistake today

You're right. Damn it. What am I going to do with this effigy

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
True but was lot more today then have been rest of the Season
I think I just look at umpiring differently to how you (and a lot of other people) must look at it, Dave. I have the attitude that "you win some, you lose some". I almost never let it bother me. Besides, it's not like the Howe decision today (or any of the others) cost us the game!

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think I just look at umpiring differently to how you (and a lot of other people) must look at it, Dave. I have the attitude that "you win some, you lose some". I almost never let it bother me. Besides, it's not like the Howe decision today (or any of the others) cost us the game!
Not cost us a game?

WTF has that got to do with anything???

The decision was glaringly wrong - pathetically so - partly the fault of too literal an interpretation from a fool but mostly the fault of an interferring and totally inept AFL rules committee who wouldn't know how to write a simple, non derivative rules if their lives depended on it.

It doesn't matter if the free leads to anything or not, wrong is wrong and it's happening far too often.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Howe one last week is one of the worst I've seen.

By the way. How ****ing good are De Goey and Stephenson.

I'd add Sier to that.

Plus Moore who today didnt have his best day. And Grundy of course. We have some of the best young players in the AFL and our medium term future looks great.

Back