Sorry Jeremy

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not cost us a game?

WTF has that got to do with anything???

The decision was glaringly wrong - pathetically so - partly the fault of too literal an interpretation from a fool but mostly the fault of an interferring and totally inept AFL rules committee who wouldn't know how to write a simple, non derivative rules if their lives depended on it.

It doesn't matter if the free leads to anything or not, wrong is wrong and it's happening far too often.

Hang on.............was the decision wrong or the rule wrong? Your post seems to be a bit confused.......

I think I just look at umpiring differently to how you (and a lot of other people) must look at it, Dave. I have the attitude that "you win some, you lose some". I almost never let it bother me. Besides, it's not like the Howe decision today (or any of the others) cost us the game!

It cost us the Freo Game

Any call to "respect" the umpires is moot.
These halfwits need to be sent to a Re-education camp in a Siberian gulag.
Hocking needs ot just plain * off....!!!!!
Gillan needs to end his career.
Retire.
Find a hole. Just * the * off.

No it didn’t.

Notwithstanding the circumstances of the goal review and the immediate aftermath, Freo were better for longer and deserved that win entirely.

Yes it Did.

The non call on Touch cost us the Game.

That was called Correctly we win by 2 Points

Last week the AFL admitted they botched the goal review decision, this week its a mark "Re-interpretation"
Why do they keep on changing the rules in our games?

No Idea and Changing the Rules and Interpretation makes the Problem Worse rather then Better

Yes it Did.

There are hundreds of marginal calls in every game that determine scores or non-scores. Can’t pin one decision like that, even if it were clearly wrong.

There are hundreds of marginal calls in every game that determine scores or non-scores. Can’t pin one decision like that, even if it were clearly wrong.

Then what about Moores Deliberate out of Bounds in 1st Qtr?

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Not cost us a game?

WTF has that got to do with anything???

The decision was glaringly wrong - pathetically so - partly the fault of too literal an interpretation from a fool but mostly the fault of an interferring and totally inept AFL rules committee who wouldn't know how to write a simple, non derivative rules if their lives depended on it.

It doesn't matter if the free leads to anything or not, wrong is wrong and it's happening far too often.
Yes, the umpire made a bad mistake. I've already said that. People have been complaining about umpiring for the last 150+ years, and it's very likely they'll still be doing it 150 years from now! If that is deemed to have been a bad enough error the umpire will most likely get dropped.

All I meant in pointing out that the Howe decision didn't cost us the game was that it really wasn't worth getting terribly worked up over it. Umpires do make mistakes, sometimes lots of them, but we've had a fantastic win and I will be enjoying the rest of the day/week without worrying about one decision.

All I meant in pointing out that the Howe decision didn't cost us the game was that it really wasn't worth getting terribly worked up over it.
s**t umpiring decision in a loss = “that wasn’t the reason you lost, look at reasons x, y and z, you’re only bringing it up because you’re a sore loser etc.”

s**t umpiring decision in a win = “it didn’t cost us the game so don’t worry about it”.

Do tell when is the appropriate time to discuss the officiating of the game...

Then what about Moores Deliberate out of Bounds in 1st Qtr?
It was an awful decision; and I posted in the game thread we were getting our annual QB reaming from the umpires.

At the end of the day if the umpires can influence the ultimate result you haven’t done enough to deserve the win 99% of the time.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes it Did.

The way we were playing at the time, we wouldn't have been able to clear D50 from the kick in and they'd have wound up with another shot.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
**** umpiring decision in a loss = “that wasn’t the reason you lost, look at reasons x, y and z, you’re only bringing it up because you’re a sore loser etc.”

**** umpiring decision in a win = “it didn’t cost us the game so don’t worry about it”.

Do tell when is the appropriate time to discuss the officiating of the game...
Thank goodness we won! I'll be enjoying a fun night with pizza and having quite a lot to drink, and I won't be losing any sleep over umpiring decisions. Even if we'd lost I still wouldn't!

Th umpiring was totally embarrassing for the AFL. This idiotic new 5 up rotation is mentally reatrded s**t at best.
More idiotic uneducated decision per game by even more halfwitted untrained, unqualified simpletons ?
Ridiculous.
End the AFL
We need a "Super League" style replacement for Gillan's Circus.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, the umpire made a bad mistake. I've already said that. People have been complaining about umpiring for the last 150+ years, and it's very likely they'll still be doing it 150 years from now! If that is deemed to have been a bad enough error the umpire will most likely get dropped.

All I meant in pointing out that the Howe decision didn't cost us the game was that it really wasn't worth getting terribly worked up over it. Umpires do make mistakes, sometimes lots of them, but we've had a fantastic win and I will be enjoying the rest of the day/week without worrying about one decision.
I agree that dramatics over decisions can and do go overboard. I certainly understand your approach and do not myself have a campaign to lynch any umpires but the game is going downhill as a spectacle due to stupidly framed rules which can be interpreted in far too many ways.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I agree that dramatics over decisions can and do go overboard. I certainly understand your approach and do not myself have a campaign to lynch any umpires but the game is going downhill as a spectacle due to stupidly framed rules which can be interpreted in far too many ways.
They had to do something about Toby Greene's "marking style". They couldn't let him keep getting away with that - just like they had to do something after Hawthorn turned the 2008 Grand Final into a bit of a farce with all the rushed behinds. The AFL acted soon after that and changed the rules (for the better). Of course we don't know exactly how the umpires were instructed to interpret the "new marking rule", but it's highly likely the umpire who made that decision had the wrong idea! He'll be copping quite a lot of flak for it over the next few days at least!

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The umpires made less mistakes than Melb and Pies when kicking for goal. The Howe decision was a howler but I can see how it was made. The separation of time between foot into back and then Howes mark was the killer. It shouldn’t have been but it was. Move on.

Calling the game as being unwatchable is ridiculous. There were genuine highlights today.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
AFL over reaction once again. It was a super and fair mark, ridiculous. The AFL are wrong....

Tazzaye

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That free was 1,000 x more justifiable than the Howe free.
Lmao your kidding yourself aint ya, the ball hit the side of Moores hand as was one of the worst decisions all Season, the Howe decision was annoying but was correct, if it was a Demons player doing that to our one of our players we would be saying it was a free as well

Back