Sorry Shaun Mc

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With McKernan looking for a way back to Melbourne it seems that we have enough tall forwards developing or knocking on the door. I can't see any way for Shaun to get to North. I am a realist but the memories of an older brother destroying the opposition are still dear to me. Anyone think there is a scenario where

a) we would want to pick him up

b) he could play a role in our 2015 flag?

Where he would potentially sit in the tall forward pecking order at North?

I couldn't look him in the eye.

I may have mentioned over the fence that his brother was better during the game we shall not speak of from this year.

I also wouldn't be able to look him in the eye because of my height.

Just not good enough to push any of our young talls out.

I would consider trading for him - Taz straight swap.
I'll be honest, I think Taz has had enough chances, and despite showing signs through out, I just don't see him making a consistent contribution that warrants a spot in the best 22. At least McKernan can play in the ruck, which can give us another Daw type, who can support Todd. And change of clubs can give both players that kick start they need.

McKernan or not though, I would look at trading Tarrant regardless.

And let's not forget that Drew is in his last couple of seasons.

No future with us, but a few other clubs you'd think would be interested.
Why not? We have Drew nearing the end, and only one proven AFL ruckman. Why wouldn't we be interested in a talented forward/ruckman, given Curran's injuries?

Why not? We have Drew nearing the end, and only one proven AFL ruckman. Why wouldn't we be interested in a talented forward/ruckman, given Curran's injuries?

That's pushing it I think.

A fringe forward/ruck isn't what we need and I can't see him pushing anyone out of the side. We have Goldie/Currie and very potent settled forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be honest, I think Taz has had enough chances, and despite showing signs through out, I just don't see him making a consistent contribution that warrants a spot in the best 22. At least McKernan can play in the ruck, which can give us another Daw type, who can support Todd. And change of clubs can give both players that kick start they need.

Taz has played 38 games FFS. Most mids take longer than that to make an impact, let alone key forwards.

A fringe forward/ruck isn't what we need and I can't see him pushing anyone out of the side. We have Goldie/Currie and very potent settled forward line.

Smack is very talented. He's just lazy. Given our defensive woes, we can't be bringing in lazy footballers.

Have you not been watching the last 2 seasons?

Seriously you and everyone like you needs to get off the trade Tarrant ship! He is not going anywhere. If Tarrant was to gone it would have been a few years ago after his 3rd shoulder reco. Try judging him after he has played 70-90 games and make a call on him as a player

Have you not been watching the last 2 seasons?
I believe I have been watching, and I am not happy with either invisible showings, or encouraging games once a month, which invariably are ruined by poor kicking. How many chances does one get? Is 100 games now a benchmark before we can pass any judgement on a player? I am not interested by an odd decent game - accepting this sort of mediocrity is what causes us to be where we are today. I am after players who can consitently provide adequate input week in week out, and not lower their standard, because they aren't having a good day. This is why this team is great on its day, and is shite on some bad day. Because too many players are allowed to turn up one week, and not the next.

Taz is one of the worst offenders in this IMO, and we need to cut our losses and cash in on a trade, while he still has any value.

I think McKernan is a better option than Currie as a second ruck. Two full time rucks is a luxury we can't afford. We need a youngish forward/ruckman to replace Drew in the next year or two, who will also give Goldstein a chop-out.

It's like everyone has communally agreed to ignore the fact that he was injured for most of this year.

Is that what's going on? It would explain a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back