List Mgmt. SOS's Trade History

Remove this Banner Ad

The greatest trick SOS ever pulled was convincing the world his daughter didn't exist.

rolling.gif

I looked way back on the list of threads, passing threads back to page 18 to find this one. This thread was in the depths beyond the Tomas Bugg stepping away thread and the List within a list thread, and one contemplating Gibbs returniing. Thy’s D Word thread in relative terms is recent ... and several others ... It is adjacent to a couple of threads on SOS ...

So * bump * (lots of Dr Seuss could follow here, but I won‘t).

I notices this article this morning on the Fox Sports website which mainly considers the Gibbs trade from Adelaide’s perspective, but summarises the outcomes for us at the end:

I think from our perspective we have done ok out of the deal on a player who, while important to us, was in the second half of his career. As it turns out (with the benefit of hindsigh), Gibbs deteriorated rapidly in his time at the Crows.

I looked way back on the list of threads, passing threads back to page 18 to find this one. This thread was in the depths beyond the Tomas Bugg stepping away thread and the List within a list thread, and one contemplating Gibbs returniing. Thy’s D Word thread in relative terms is recent ... and several others ... It is adjacent to a couple of threads on SOS ...

So * bump * (lots of Dr Seuss could follow here, but I won‘t).

I notices this article this morning on the Fox Sports website which mainly considers the Gibbs trade from Adelaide’s perspective, but summarises the outcomes for us at the end:

I think from our perspective we have done ok out of the deal on a player who, while important to us, was in the second half of his career. As it turns out (with the benefit of hindsigh), Gibbs deteriorated rapidly in his time at the Crows.

The trade essentially washed out from our point of view as #10 (O'Brien) and McGovern for Gibbs and a 3rd rounder.

I think we have done alright rebuilding. Only takes a few of the more talented types to mature mentally and a few like Marchbank to overcome injuries and we improve quite a bit. We probably had early picks in a draft or two that weren't overly strong but that happens. We've build a reasonable foundation but there's plenty more to be done.

The trade essentially washed out from our point of view as #10 (O'Brien) and McGovern for Gibbs and a 3rd rounder.

Pretty sure it was 2 first rounders - 10 and 16. Remember, SOS wanted 2 first rounders and he got them, with Gibbs and a second going back.

10 went on LOB, 16 was traded for 2 second round picks which were used for M Kennedy and TDK.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty sure it was 2 first rounders - 10 and 16. Remember, SOS wanted 2 first rounders and he got them, with Gibbs and a second going back.

10 went on LOB, 16 was traded for 2 second round picks which were used for M Kennedy and TDK.

The way we traded 16 for 2nds washes out to cover McGovern trade.

The way we traded 16 for 2nds washes out to cover McGovern trade.

Gibbs trade was 2017, MM was 2018.

Kennedy and TDK joined blues in 2017. We used pick 16 in a trade with the doggies, which got us 2 second rounders which were used for Kennedy and TDK.

Two second rounders were involved in the trade for MM, Sydney’s first was used, in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy and TDK joined blues in 2017. We used pick 16 in a trade with the doggies, which got us 2 second rounders which were used for Kennedy and TDK.

Two second rounders were involved in the trade for MM, Sydney’s first was used, in 2017.

We got a third but future second rounder from the. Dogs, so half of McGovern.

Someone remind me on who’s we presented the opportunity to give the Crows Shane McAdam who is miles ahead of any small forward we have.
The same Shane McAdam that's played 12 games in 2 years as a 25 year old, averaging less than a goal a game and 9 touches?

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The same Shane McAdam that's played 12 games in 2 years as a 25 year old, averaging less than a goal a game and 9 touches?

Played well against us though ... must have as a serious trade target now

Yep the one who is just starting to find his feet in the system and having an impact at the level.... and has shown more promise/talent as a small forward than anything we have had this season including the guy we recruited that is 8-9 years older...

Yep the one who is just starting to find his feet in the system and having an impact at the level.... and has shown more promise/talent as a small forward than anything we have had this season including the guy we recruited that is 8-9 years older...

Doubt he kick as many goals he has this year with our forward 50 entries...

edit: think he is out of contract, could just inquire his services I suppose.

Not quite. We also got the Bulldogs 2018 second rounder out of that trade (for pick 16 and 40). That pick was parceled up with the Crows 2018 second rounder received in the original Gibbs trade and McAdam, which landed McGovern and the future third rounder that was ultimately used to get Marc Pittonet (pick 48 traded to Swans for picks 54 and 67 which was traded to the Hawks for Pitt).

McGovern was acquired largely with crumbs from the Gibbs trade.

Not quite. We also got the Bulldogs 2018 second rounder out of that trade (for pick 16 and 40). That pick was parceled up with the Crows 2018 second rounder received in the original Gibbs trade and McAdam, which landed McGovern and the future third rounder that was ultimately used to get Marc Pittonet (pick 48 traded to Swans for picks 54 and 67 which was traded to the Hawks for Pitt).

McGovern was acquired largely with crumbs from the Gibbs trade.

Two second round draft picks could hardly be called crumbs.

Heaps of people don't even realise we paid for McGovern with picks leftover from the Gibbs trade; that's how crumbs they were.

If you dislike the term, call them leftovers. Whatever does it for you. The word itself is peripheral to the point.

I wouldn’t call 2 x second round draft picks leftovers - 2nd round draft picks are very valuable and good (even great) players can be picked at that round.

We didn’t pay for McGovern with loose change, crumbs or leftovers, we paid for him with significant assets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back