List Mgmt. SOS's Trade History

Ash Man

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting story in today’s press. Kevin Sheedy tells the story about the draft where SOS refused to accept the firm recommendation of Sheedy and his then assistant, Mark Williams, to select Brody Grundy for GWS. Sheedy says that SOS got it wrong.
Its now clear that SOS got the Dow, O’Brien and Stocker selections wrong.
Three Grammar school boys who, for different reasons, are too soft and aren’t up to it.
But at least Dow and O’Brian have stayed the course.Stocker, who is from a wealthy family, has spat the dummy and returned to Melbourne. I don’t think that Liam is used to having to work hard to get something.
Clear is it? None of them over 20 and papers are stamped. And you are happy to make a negative assumption on Stocker’s situation. Or do you know that for a fact? I’m guessing not because if you did you’d probably care about the guy and wouldn’t share it on a social media website.

FairKouta

Premiership Player
Aug 3, 2016
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting story in today’s press. Kevin Sheedy tells the story about the draft where SOS refused to accept the firm recommendation of Sheedy and his then assistant, Mark Williams, to select Brody Grundy for GWS. Sheedy says that SOS got it wrong.
Three Grammar school boys who, for different reasons, are too soft and aren’t up to it.
But at least Dow and O’Brian have stayed the course.Stocker, who is from a wealthy family, has spat the dummy and returned to Melbourne. I don’t think that Liam is used to having to work hard to get something.
Wow poor taste

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow poor taste
What’s in poor taste? Have you looked at his Instagram account? Stocker has had things too easy, it’s obvious.
He might have more opportunities elsewhere. He is clearly not happy at Carlton.
As for SOS, his judgment is far from infallible. Despite his toughness on the field he is, by nature, an introvert. He is not an extrovert.
As an introvert he is unconsciously drawn to selecting nice, shy, private school boys.
Name one “bad Boy” or “Mongrel” he has selected for Carlton.
I bet he would’ve overlooked Dustin Martin if he’d been a Richmond selector at the time because Dustin was a bit rough and his Dad was rumoured to have bikie connections.

FairKouta

Premiership Player
Aug 3, 2016
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Carlton
What’s in poor taste? Have you looked at his Instagram account? Stocker has had things too easy, it’s obvious.
He might have more opportunities elsewhere. He is clearly not happy at Carlton.
As for SOS, his judgment is far from infallible. Despite his toughness on the field he is, by nature, an introvert. He is not an extrovert.
As an introvert he is unconsciously drawn to selecting nice, shy, private school boys.
Name one “bad Boy” or “Mongrel” he has selected for Carlton.
I bet he would’ve overlooked Dustin Martin if he’d been a Richmond selector at the time because Dustin was a bit rough and his Dad was rumoured to have bikie connections.
Poor taste for saying stocker spat the dummy when he is going through a personal challenge whatever it may be. Our club has ticked it off.
Being born into money doesn’t spare you mental health challenges.

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Poor taste for saying stocker spat the dummy when he is going through a personal challenge whatever it may be. Our club has ticked it off.
Being born into money doesn’t spare you mental health challenges.
I know that. But being born into money often means that you have it too easy.
Moving from the protected environment of a very comfortable upper middle class life as a teenager at a privileged private school into the adult world of AFL football can be very tough and challenging.
Some can’t make that transition.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

You are late to the party Percy, Cookie Muncher reached with the same story

These are the facts

Between the mini and national draft that year, 12 recruiters bypassed Grundy

Absorb that

KnobHead

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
Ayahuasca Island
AFL Club
Carlton
You're missing the part of the Gibbs trade were we traded our future 2nd and 3rd, and received Adelaide's future 2nd (which we traded back to them for McGovern).

So in terms of what we gave up, it was that future (higher 2nd) and #40 for Kennedy and TDK (#28 and #30).

Key point being that we got Kennedy and TDK from the Gibbs’ trade

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

KnobHead

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
Ayahuasca Island
AFL Club
Carlton
Incorrect. Additional to the 2 x 2017 second rounders received from the Bulldogs (Kennedy and TDK), we also received a 2018 second rounder. It was this 2018 second rounder that was packaged up with the one we got directly from Adelaide in the Gibbs trade and handed over for McGovern.

I suggest you go back and track the trading history.

I think you’re affirming what I said.

Part of the Gibbs trade was used to yield McGovern - read what I said carefully. This is what you also seem to be saying.

But the Gibbs trade also got us Kennedy and TDK - you don’t see that?

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
whats clear is that you have an agenda. clown

KnobHead

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
Ayahuasca Island
AFL Club
Carlton

Dow, O’Brien and stocker are works in progress. Maybe they make it, maybe they don’t, but that call is too early to make.

Did SOS get it wrong with Setters, Harry, Charlie? Or are you just focused on negatives whilst sitting on an armchair?

As to grammar boys, there’s loads playing AFL football. There’s also loads of AFL footballers that went to non-grammar schools.

And with Grundy, perhaps SOS made the wrong call, maybe hi didn’t. Yes, he’s a gun, but I know pie supporters questioning his text contract.

One draft pick decision does not mean a recruiter is sh&t, likewise one good decision does not mean a recruiter is good.

I know that. But being born into money often means that you have it too easy.
Moving from the protected environment of a very comfortable upper middle class life as a teenager at a privileged private school into the adult world of AFL football can be very tough and challenging.
Some can’t make that transition.
what the * are you crapping on about? you present with the intellect of a teenager - what on earth would you know about ..............anything?

johnno73

Debutant
Nov 2, 2008
Bli Bli
AFL Club
Carlton
what the fu** are you crapping on about? you present with the intellect of a teenager - what on earth would you know about ..............anything?

Nothing at all wrong with this observation in general from Percy.
Whether this applies to some of our boys i do doubt it ( i hope not )

Talk about an intense overreaction from Thy ! Chillax man.

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
what the fu** are you crapping on about? you present with the intellect of a teenager - what on earth would you know about ..............anything?
Why has Stocker left the hub? Every other player on every list is doing it tough this year.
My instinct tells me that he has left because he can’t deal with not being picked in the first 22. My instinct also tells me that he is used to getting what he wants. It’s been that way all his life.
As Greg Williams said last week on SEN about Paddy Dow, Stocker needs to toughen up! You don’t always get what you want when you want it.
If my opinion upsets you Thy then, to quote Ma Shiela, “tough t***ies”.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Why has Stocker left the hub? Every other player on every list is doing it tough this year.
My instinct tells me that he has left because he can’t deal with not being picked in the first 22. My instinct also tells me that he is used to getting what he wants. It’s been that way all his life.
As Greg Williams said last week on SEN about Paddy Dow, Stocker needs to toughen up! You don’t always get what you want when you want it.

If your instinct is correct, he obviously won't be on the list next year.
My instinct is that your instincts are ****ed.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

Your instincts are so off the mark, it's laughable

Percy, everyone is doing it tough and Stocker is not the only player to have left a hub throughout this season.

To cast aspersions on a 20 year old kid when you know * all about him and his life is pathetic to say the least.

My instinct tells me you are way out of your depth here, again.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
If I had to guess i would suggest that Percy might be aged between 12 - 14. Might also be prepared to hold his breath for a long time if he doesn't get what he wants.

Percy, everyone is doing it tough and Stocker is not the only player to have left a hub throughout this season.

To cast aspersions on a 20 year old kid when you know fu** all about him and his life is pathetic to say the least.

My instinct tells me you are way out of your depth here, again.
throw the bum out - I did.........

Back