List Mgmt. SOS's Trade History

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not clutching at all. It highlights that list managers make mistakes, especially when they think they know more than wily, experienced coaches like Sheedy and Williams. Rumour has it that Clarkson gets very involved in the recruiting decisions. He doesn’t allow the recruiters to sideline him. And he is a 4 time premiership coach.

No recruiter has a better than 50% strike rate over their tenure

As for Clarkson, his involvement is limited. He doesn't want names of draftees, just their attributes

As for Clarkson, his involvement is limited. He doesn't want names of draftees, just their attributes
Arrow what do you think is the real reason or the real reasons why SOS’s contract was not renewed? Clearly the preferred explanation camouflaged the real reasons. What do you think they were?

I seriously doubt that Clarkson’s involvement would be so limited. It’s not in his nature or modus operandi to take such a back seat.

Yeah but 80% didn’t go to Geelong Grammar or come from a life of luxury and self entitlement.
Percy, your assumptions about individuals based on miscalculated generalisations is disturbing. I’m not sold on Stocker the player but, to personalise the issue based on socio economic assumptions in this fashion is in poor taste.

Arrow what do you think is the real reason or the real reasons why SOS’s contract was not renewed? Clearly the preferred explanation camouflaged the real reasons. What do you think they were?

Percy, rather than creating conspiracy theories, deal in facts

You may want to come across as itk, but all you have is unwarranted opinion

Where are you getting this crap from?

The great Chris Judd went to a private school (same school as me).

This did not make him entitled, lazy or soft.

In fact he was one of the toughest and hardest working superstars the game had ever seen.

There are all types in all schools. Your weird hatred for people who grew up with money is misplaced.

Remember these footy players are making $350k on avg, it's not like they have to adjust to a hard lifestyle lol.
I know he did. I said in a recent post that not all private schools are soft. Caulfield Grammar isn’t soft.
if the truth be known the private schools that I think are soft are Geelong Grammar and Melbourne Grammar and in that order.
Picking two kids from Geelong Grammar is just dumb IMO. And I know that the Board questioned SOS about those two choices with emphasis on the school. A board member told me.

Last edited:
I know he did. I said in a recent post that not all private schools are soft. Caulfield Grammar isn’t soft.
if the truth be known the private schools that I think are soft are Geelong a Grammar and Melbourne Grammar and in that order.
Picking two kids from Geelong agramnar is just dumb IMO. And I know that the Board questioned SOS about thone two choices with emphasis on the school. A board member told me.

Percy, Stocker is from Haileybury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Percy, your assumptions about individuals based on miscalculated generalisations is disturbing. I’m not sold on Stocker the player but, to personalise the issue based on socio economic assumptions in this fashion is in poor taste.
Ok. Perhaps I’ve over emphasised and thus distorted the socio economic factors. But you don’t get many Mongrel footballers from Toorak or Portsea or from Geelong Gramnar. And we definitely need more Mongrel in our team.

fd6.gif

Ok. Perhaps I’ve over emphasised and this distorted the socio economic factors. But you don’t get many Mongrel footballers from Toorak or Portsea or from Geelong Gramnar. And we definitely need more Mongrel in our team.
Saw a ‘tough suburban school’ pick up two private school kids who significantly hardened our culture. Scholarships are wonderful things and change the entitlement debate significantly. Generalisations hurt, Percy. Essentially you are saying we need mongrel, I agree, you just said it really badly, thus the reaction.

Careful on your skateboard.

Saw a ‘tough suburban school’ pick up two private school kids who significantly hardened our culture. Scholarships are wonderful things and change the entitlement debate significantly. Generalisations hurt, Percy. Essentially you are saying we need mongrel, I agree, you just said it really badly, thus the reaction.

Careful on your skateboard.
I think I’ve acknowledged I made the point badly. As for my skateboard, I got it from Charlie Curnow so it’s very accident prone 😉😉😉

Percy is a lot older than 14. And Percy has seen a lot of successful Carlton teams in his lifetime starting with the 1970 gf team.
Well it might be time for Percy to start acting his age and not making blanket statements about things that he knows nothing about.
Unless you are stating that you know something about stockers circumstances?

I think you’re affirming what I said.

Part of the Gibbs trade was used to yield McGovern - read what I said carefully. This is what you also seem to be saying.

But the Gibbs trade also got us Kennedy and TDK - you don’t see that?

No. I am not affirming what you said. What you said here was wrong ...

"Only one of the second round draft picks we used for the McGovern trade in 2018 was from the Gibbs’ trade a year earlier. The other 2nd round pick in 2018 had nothing to do with the gibbs’ trade."

I have explained why this was wrong. Go back and track the trades and it will confirm that BOTH second rounders traded for Gov came from the Gibbs trade.

Dow - Bust
O'Brien - Bust
SPS - Bust
Kennedy - Bust
McGovern - Bust
Stocker - Bust

Imagine the gun A grade midfielder we could have got instead of wasting picks on the above. E.g. Look at Lachie Neale for Brisbane.
SoS left us with enough talent to become a good side. SoS didn't bust SPS; Teague is trying to by playing him outta position. Stocker is part of a 2 or 3 for one high draft pick deal. You need to analyse the whole deal. It is Kennedy Obrien and De konig for Gibbs. Dow is a bust. SOS is conveniently scapegoated without any criticism of coaching and development

Remove this Banner Ad

Back