Sound the Alarm

That was awesome! Kind of annoyed that they're being uploaded so slowly (one every Thursday for the next 3 wks), was hoping that they'd pump them out every few days before our first final.

Putting that audio and what I've read from the Konrad Marshall book together, Dimma is usually pretty calm in the box and doesn't complain about umpiring decisions - unlike Chris Scott.

I'd love if they released the same stuff from the 19' prelim, particularly the 3rd quarter where we start to roll over the top of the Cats. I can only imagine the C. Scott melts.

But the umps still go in dry,our club has been very pro active on umpires but we still get served a s**t sandwich.

Just do not give them anything Tigers for an excuse to march the Saints for a shot on goal.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
I'm loving the insight into the coaches.....great stuff!!

Last edited:

Who_Noes

Debutant
Jun 30, 2020
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
This is boring. I don't know why they bother. Its little more than slo mo hightlights. There are absolutely no interesting comments from either coach. What a waste of what could have been a very interesting series that could have given us fans some insight into what actually goes through a coach's mind, and microphone, in a Grannie.

Unfortunately, I think this series is a victim of a very one-sided game. You look back to the 2002 GF where they did the doco on Lethal, that was gripping stuff helped by the closeness of the game. Not sure Dimma had a lot of work to do on this day.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Unfortunately, I think this series is a victim of a very one-sided game. You look back to the 2002 GF where they did the doco on Lethal, that was gripping stuff helped by the closeness of the game. Not sure Dimma had a lot of work to do on this day.
Lol quite possibly right there , I just commented Cameron the poor bugga was completely hapless

It’s not the greatest, I mean I forgot they were doing this until I got the notification from the Richmond app, but there is some gold there.

Dimma’s amazement at Dusty’s goal after the Rioli hand pass is something that I found hilarious, it’s amazing that after ten years of being the guys coach Dimma can still have moments of disbelief when it comes to Dustin Martin.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
This is boring. I don't know why they bother. Its little more than slo mo hightlights. There are absolutely no interesting comments from either coach. What a waste of what could have been a very interesting series that could have given us fans some insight into what actually goes through a coach's mind, and microphone, in a Grannie.
I think the club controls the edits , they’d likely think most is too sensitive for public consumption for lots of reasons

I think the club controls the edits , they’d likely think most is too sensitive for public consumption for lots of reasons

I'm sure both clubs/coaches got control over what went out. Tactical moves, and discussion of options would have been automatic cuts.

Especially the moans and groans about players during the game

Yeah, imagine the coach saying something about Castagna's goal kicking...

but also conversations wouldn't work because it seems like only the head coach is miked up.

canadamatt

Senior List
Sep 1, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
It seems overly censored or edited... how many times can Dimma say 'tell the boys to raise the fight'?

I'm disappointed in the insights to be honest.

It seems overly censored or edited... how many times can Dimma say 'tell the boys to raise the fight'?

I'm disappointed in the insights to be honest.

I agree, but also think it can't realistically be any other way.

I think it's interesting to watch, but you wouldn't exactly care to see it for every game.

Back