Soundwave 2013 - Metallica to headline

Remove this Banner Ad

I think only Sharks missed out on playing stage 2 in the end.. With Garbage and Paramore still the only ones without their gear. But AJ is trying to sort that.

So pumped for Slayer and Stone Sour. Hurry up Friday.

EDIT: Now only Paramores gear needed:
AJ@iamnotshouting
UPDATE: I am told that Garbage's gear will be here in time for their set. Only problem now is Paramore. #SW13 #sydney

Highlights of brissy for me where Red Fang, Tomahawk, Gallows, kyuss and Ghost. Dissapointed in APC and Metallica (great stage show but messy it seemed to me. The crowd at Cypress Hill was huuuge. F@#*ed Up where mental too.

Highlights of brissy for me where Red Fang, Tomahawk, Gallows, kyuss and Ghost. Dissapointed in APC and Metallica (great stage show but messy it seemed to me. The crowd at Cypress Hill was huuuge. F@#*ed Up where mental too.
Gald to hear someone actually turned up early to see Red Fang. I'm looking forward to seeing them this week, despite the early start!

I keep seeing these kill em all looking jerseys on facebook from the Sydney show. Are they selling them there? I want one :p

Nope, it was a one off made for the Australian MetClub. They only made 40 or so, I'll be wearing mine to Melbourne ;)

A review of my day in Sydney. Crossfaith - very good. Great way to start your day. Dragonforce - had heard that they were not that good live. I'm not a musical purist but I loved them. The energy and passion that these guys played with was awesome. Anthrax - good. Played a cover version of a well known Australian standard which really pumped the crowd up. Tomahawk - not my style even though I did like Patton in his previous incarnations. BFMV - a much better band live than on record (like many of these guys I suppose). Kyuss Lives - not my scene. Stone Sour - oh yes. Close to my favourite of the day. Slayer - first time I had seen them after their disaster here in 2011. Showing their age a bit but still put on a very solid show. A perfect circle - not sure why they were there. Appeared really out of place on the main stage. In any other year it would been Garbage or Paramore. Linkin Park - surprise packet for me. ANZ stadium packed with about 50,000 by then and them singing and jumping to all the well known ones. Metallica - hard to explain, were not in synch to start with. Kirk seemed angry and frustrated by something. Lars was missing the beat (more than usual some would say) and James missed some lines. Even apologised after Holier than thou. James said something like "Sorry about that but I think we got it back towards the end". Was a good setlist so that made up for it. 75,000 made it Sydney. Only complaints was the mess up with no u15s being allowed and only telling us on the day the Dzones were for over 18 only (I understand this is Syd only). Security kept very busy as multiple attempts were made to jump the barriers during the day. Oh and the idiot with the flare gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, can't even take them out of the wet areas per the map.
http://www.soundwavefestival.com/sites/default/files/bean-media/SW13 Melbourne Site.pdf

Although once you're in the D you will forget all about the need for alcohol and water will be your friend.

I guess your only option would be to try and smuggle a hip flask if you're desperate.
$8 for a mid strength beer. No point even drinking! Vodka redbull was $12 but at least it wasn't premixed and mid strength!! Best bet is to Smuggle the hip flask but I guess the next SW locations will have tight security though due to the flare gun incident

Saw Linkin Park/Stone Sour last night. Fantastic gig, with the only complaint that LP only played for 90 minutes.

edit: first time I've seen Taylor live and he's one of rock's best frontmen. Great stage presence and killer pipes.

This is the type of person who ruins these shows for everyone else: http://imgur.com/hXdJ0Ln

Reported it to AJ, really hope something can be done.
If someone's dumb enough to pay that price then it serves them right. There's not much AJ can do to prevent scalping completely, especially if it's just a punter trying to make a few (in this case quite a few) bucks of spare tickets.

For me the real issue with scalping is not how people go about selling their tickets, it's how scalpers go about obtaining them.

And besides, let's be honest - it wasn't really hard to get a ticket to any of the shows this year provided you were organised enough to buy when they went on sale. In many ways scalping is just a tax for being disorganised.

Blink-182 played an insane concert last night. I went both nights and it was 100% worth it. They played some live rarities and the banter between Mark and Tom was hilarious. I really hope we see them again here, with Travis of course. Brooks did a great job though.

From the Cherry Bar Facebook page

Big Wednesday! For coming into Cherry to party last night we'd like to thank Metallica, Slayer, Blink 182, Mike Patton & Tomahawk, Cypress Hill...the Soundwave list goes on and on. Really looking forward to Soul night tonight till 5am at Cherry Bar in AC/DC Lane Melbourne. There can be only one.

It was a public function and they all jammed around stage, I like to pop in there on weekends, the regulars would of been stoked. Bring on Soundwave tomorrow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back