South Adelaide Panthers on the Prowl

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Looks like South Adelaide are being proactive and making things happen.

Firstly securing Gary Hocking to take over from Brad Gotch in what seems a seamless transition. ( I did hear Hocking is bringing in his own Line Coaches as well)

2ndly they have secured 2 NAB/JLT? Pre-Season Games at Hickinbotham Oval ( or Carlunga) on the same weekend. Big weekend for the SA footy club.

Lastly in a clever initiative they will offer Family membership packages to all who buy into the new housing estate being built across the road from the oval.

As a Blues supporter who lives in the Southern area I applaud the Panthers for the work over the last month.

Has a been a very tough off-season so far, but at least the club is trying to make the best of the cards its been dealt. The 'house that Brad built' is eroding, the finals disappointment of 2014 and (especially) 2016 still stinging.

Hopefully a few signings in the coming weeks.

The financial report/AGM wont be pretty.

Last edited:
hocking is a massive step back from gotch. losing eddy will hurt big time too.
I agree...

Also, I know Hocking Coached Peel Thunder in 2004 and 2005. He got only 5 wins in 2004 and 3 in 2005 and was sacked after that. Not a fan of his defensive tactics. He makes Ross Lyon look like a full on High scoring coach.

Spoke to a player who said Hocking is a better communicator than Gotch. Younger player so take that with a pinch of salt. Also said Hockings philosophy is towards defense. '' if we cant score neither should they''

On Eddy he believes that the players took the mindset that Eddy was the man even when he was double teamed.

Good on Brett that he got picked for an AFL team, but it will really hurt the Panthers this season.

Great win yesterday, just the sort of reward for effort we needed.
Go Blues
I missed it!! I sat home and thought somethings happening today and got a text from a mate heading there and by then I had settled in for a warm toasty day.

Good to see my barista get a goal

I missed it!! I sat home and thought somethings happening today and got a text from a mate heading there and by then I had settled in for a warm toasty day.

Good to see my barista get a goal
Who's your barista?
I wasn't going to go down but I did at the last minute, went to Adelaide v Freo the night before and then The Grace Emily after, so I was very hungover down at Penthur Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back