2nds South Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 3 @ Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocky was ordinary. Was poor when it mattered.

Sutcliffe was our best. Mead and Mckenzie best of the listed guys.

Lacked marking power up forward. Lord tries but cant mark at the moment. Ladhams is too soft to mark under pressure. Surman is too fat to get to many contests

Garner was pretty good down back. Competed well and used the footy pretty well

Farrell was good. Found more of it than he has done and was pretty clinical with his disposal. Burgoyne also was good. Good defensive pressure and used the ball well when he got it. Pep had a good first half then struggled in the second. Schofield could have had a ripper day had he been accurate in front of goal. Definitely has something.

Williams...I am concerned. Should be doing better and having more impact. Just seems in no mans land a lot. Either on the wrong side of where the ball is coming in, or in between the kicker and what should be the target. When he gets it, good things happen,he just doesn't get it.

Lord...must have been kicked to 15 times and didnt take a single mark. The raw talent is there. Just needs to clunk some.

Garner was pretty good down back. Competed well and used the footy pretty well

Farrell was good. Found more of it than he has done and was pretty clinical with his disposal. Burgoyne also was good. Good defensive pressure and used the ball well when he got it. Pep had a good first half then struggled in the second. Schofield could have had a ripper day had he been accurate in front of goal. Definitely has something.

Williams...I am concerned. Should be doing better and having more impact. Just seems in no mans land a lot. Either on the wrong side of where the ball is coming in, or in between the kicker and what should be the target. When he gets it, good things happen,he just doesn't get it.

Lord...must have been kicked to 15 times and didnt take a single mark. The raw talent is there. Just needs to clunk some.
Great to hear Garner had a good game. I've been a staunch supporter of his for a long time.

Tbf, I went out to the game, and I really dont think we played bad, the umpiring was awful! But we did ourselves no favours, kicking two points late that wouldve won us the game! 20 odd meters out straight infront. Unbelievable.

But yeah, if someone told me, we'd go to Lunga with 9 odd "top ups" and almost win and only lose by 9 points after how we preformed in round one, I'd take it.

Stupid free kick given away by Farrell about 8 minutes into the last quarter, gave South the lead. We rushed a point and meanwhile Farrell shoving a dude's head into the turf as Lienert is about to kick out. Fair enough it's a 2s minor round game but that kind of s**t can't fly in AFL finals.

Edit: another needless piece of ill discipline by Lienert at 26 minutes. Just stupid.

Last edited:
How do the magpies lose the free kick count every single game year after year? You can put your house on it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lmao, i was born in the south and followed south for a bit as a youngling. they have not been "one of the good teams' for at least 30 years. and that's in a 9 team comp.
I meant “this season,” obviously! 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back