simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
Yeah I think Atley is the next in, more so than Gus. Not a reflection on Gus it's just that there is more upside in getting games into Atley.

Is Atley in front of Palmer? I suspect the latter is in front.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
10 goal to 6 last half. Bit disappointing way to end but we did experiment a bit as well.

5 - Palmer
4 - Atley
3 - Neade
2 - Summerton
1 - Irra

Palmer looking ready now, he's been consistently good over the last 4-5, but today was on another level.

Atley has been getting better, especially with his ability to take contact and dish out, but importantly today he wasnt just taking contact he was breaking through, he was hitting targets and he was getting involved in link play. He's finally looking truly ready.

If Neade could do that every week he'd be an AFL regular.

That was clearly Irras best game for us.

Monfries was good but not anywhere near the level of last week, probably not getting a call up on the back of that.

Plenty of great signs though, Marshall, Austin, Bonner, Snelling, Drew all looking good.

Last edited:

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Big Bad Billy still has a way to go, great to see him injury free

PeacefulWarrior

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 2, 2010
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would Palmer be likely to play in the AFL as a pure mid or HF rotating through the mid or just HF?

Would he possibly be an option for Robbies spot if he doesnt come up one week?

Probz go to a back pocket lol.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Geez there's some idiots in front of the bar. Some South idiot swearing and cursing to a Port supporting lady that we're not one club.

Is Atley in front of Palmer? I suspect the latter is in front.
IMO Palmer is now in the Newton/Moore/Colquhoun mold where he never actually cracks it. Personally I see Atley as the boy most likely to impress in the AFL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
IMO Palmer is now in the Newton/Moore/Colquhoun mould where he never actually cracks it. Personally I see Atley as the boy most likely to impress in the AFL.
This is harsh imo, got his chance last year and I thought he looked well suited to AFL level. Looks like he Has gone up another level this year, hopefully gets a chance and takes it.

If we want to win it this year though Monfries is more valuable
If it were R22 (or 23 or whatever it is now) that could well be true. But we've got half a season to get a few games into Atley and see whether he can perform in the AFL.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Just got home. A good effort and a great afternoon. Very impressed with our young athletic talls. Marshall will be a player as he has height and ability and he is athletic to go with it. The first time I have seen the Magpies in the flesh this year and it was great to see a Port Magpies side with some height to it.

The 2's won by a point.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
IMO Palmer is now in the Newton/Moore/Colquhoun mould where he never actually cracks it. Personally I see Atley as the boy most likely to impress in the AFL.

Yeah good call, I'd like to see him get a decent crack though to see if he has it or not. I thought he was pretty impressive last year, has a great pair of hands on him.

Having nil injuries at the club with guys like Palmer, Atley et al fighting for spots is a great position to be in for our club.

Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kind of strange how our Magpies fwd line is chockablock with talls, with Marshall, Ladhams, Eddy, Howard and Frampton all getting a go, but the power it is just Les Dixon with the occasional cameo from Jacko, Westhoff or Ryder. If Eddy isn't doing the right things, then give Dougal or Marshall a go.

If Dougal hadn't done his knee last year, he would probably still be in our AFL forward line, but now he can barely get a run in there in the twos.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Kind of strange how our Magpies fwd line is chockablock with talls, with Marshall, Ladhams, Eddy, Howard and Frampton all getting a go, but the power it is just Les Dixon with the occasional cameo from Jacko, Westhoff or Ryder. If Eddy isn't doing the right things, then give Dougal or Marshall a go.

If Dougal hadn't done his knee last year, he would probably still be in our AFL forward line, but now he can barely get a run in there in the twos.
Dougal is a chb, today emphasised that more than any. If the club can't see it now he might as well ask for a trade.

... If Dougal (Howard) hadn't done his knee last year, he would probably still be in our AFL forward line ....
Well that and kick goals. 6 games last year, 3 goals. And he had opportunity, I remember because as he kicked with Westhoff-like accuracy I had some interview he'd done where he was saying "I'm a forward" playing in my head.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
That's a shame, because our defence is settled and well stocked for depth already, but our forward line is a mess. Do you see him breaking into the AFL side as a CHB?
I would assume as soon as he gets his chance he will absolutely nail it and that will be the last we see of him in the sanfl. It has to be through injury as everyone is playing so well, but its inevitable at some stage one of our three afl key defenders will get an injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back