2nds South Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 8 @ Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Palmer as a high half-forward over current options is surely the go.

If we were fifth bottom instead of fifth, sure. But right now we've got a proven 200+ gamer in good form to come in to play the high half forward role. Palmer has played 3 games and he was crap in 2 of them. Monfries has to be first option.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we were fifth bottom instead of fifth, sure. But right now we've got a proven 200+ gamer in good form to come in to play the high half forward role. Palmer has played 3 games and he was crap in 2 of them. Monfries has to be first option.
I'm not sure that Monfries is grasping his opportunity though. He didn't really stand out today from what I saw, unless I missed something?

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Few things no one has pointed out but i noticed

Monfries was easily our best in the patches that south were on top, this is why i rated his game over palmer

Drew seemed absolutely spent in the last ten minutes but atley looked like he could go another quarter.
Atley looks like he could slip in easily into our side.
Johnson is seriously quick, there was a play with him going at 3/4 pace down the wing and absolutely burning two south midfielders
Krakouer sets up so much as a forward imo, he would help our goal conversion rate i reckon.
Best I've seen neade play in a long time, lets see some consistency
Lobbe is a dead set liability
Dougal howard was given more attention when he was up forward than eddy was. Can definitely see him as a forward. Do like him down back though
The more i see of marshall the more excited i get. A young jack Reiwoldt.
White was good, but nothing outstanding
Think he plays better at HF than at HB

I love Guus as much as the next Kaiserslautern, but given Jesse's age, numbers (+7 tackles) and height, he could genuinely be a net boon for this year and the next decade.

That said, if I had my way:

Out: Youngary

In: Palmonfries

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We are fifth with a nothing. Time to look for the bullet.

The time to look for improvement in our 15 to 22 options is now, not next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not sure that Monfries is grasping his opportunity though. He didn't really stand out today from what I saw, unless I missed something?
Has averaged 24 disposals and 2 goals per game over the last 3 matches. What more are you looking for? Proven AFL player who is in form playing a position we need filled, get him in there.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love Guus as much as the next Kaiserslautern, but given Jesse's age, numbers (+7 tackles) and height, he could genuinely be a net boon for this year and the next decade.

That said, if I had my way:

Out: Youngary

In: Palmonfries
First time I have ever heard of a Port player being likened to a quaint, but relatively unknown, city in Germany.

Bigfooty ... So educational! :p

NEGAN

Premium Gold
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fair comment this, its a fair point about balance of going for the flag and development.

Jack Grange

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Few things no one has pointed out but i noticed

Monfries was easily our best in the patches that south were on top, this is why i rated his game over palmer

Drew seemed absolutely spent in the last ten minutes but atley looked like he could go another quarter.
Atley looks like he could slip in easily into our side.
Johnson is seriously quick, there was a play with him going at 3/4 pace down the wing and absolutely burning two south midfielders
Krakouer sets up so much as a forward imo, he would help our goal conversion rate i reckon.
Best I've seen neade play in a long time, lets see some consistency
Lobbe is a dead set liability
Dougal howard was given more attention when he was up forward than eddy was. Can definitely see him as a forward. Do like him down back though
The more i see of marshall the more excited i get. A young jack Reiwoldt.
White was good, but nothing outstanding
Think he plays better at HF than at HB
Jonts from what you saw of Marshall could you see him playing a few games this year in a HFF/FP role. Maybe a bit from the square should Charlie play higher up during the course of a quarter.

I reckon Eddy had a pretty average day but it's amazing that he still got 3 goals.
I was interested that we played him. I thought he'd made it known (without holding a megaphone up) that he'd retained his loyalty to South. Anyway yada,yada, yada, it has happened now.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Jonts from what you saw of Marshall could you see him playing a few games this year in a HFF/FP role. Maybe a bit from the square should Charlie play higher up during the course of a quarter.
Maybe as a fp, tank would be the only question
On the field he looks no less fit than anyone else
But i was standing on the hill near the bench and he was on the bench for a fair whack of time. Like him and ladhams seemed to be sharing one spot on the bench between them.
Compared to eddy who would've had close to 100% tog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back