South Africa in Australia (3 T20I's, 5 ODI's)

Remove this Banner Ad

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
So with the announcement of our T20 squad, I thought I'd chuck up the tour thread. Tour runs from Nov 2-23. South Africa play 3 ODIs against NZ before heading down under.

CAXI vs South Africans - tour match, Nov 2.
T20Is, Nov 5, 7, 9.
ODIs, Nov 14, 16, 19, 21, 23.

T20 squad named: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-south-africa-2014-15/content/story/790661.html

White, Reardon, Dunk all picked.

Why hasn't Coulter-Nile been named? I would've thought he'd be a lock given his Matador Cup form. No idea how Bollinger's there ahead of him.

Why hasn't Coulter-Nile been named? I would've thought he'd be a lock given his Matador Cup form. No idea how Bollinger's there ahead of him.

Marsh apparently wants him concentrating on long form at the moment.

Not sure why people making such a big deal of there being no Scorchers in the team. Katich was the back bone and Simmons was never going to get a gig. Paris is way too raw, even for how cheaply they are throwing around caps.

Hogg has been found out time after time in T20Is, would much rather Boyce.

Not sure why people making such a big deal of there being no Scorchers in the team. Katich was the back bone and Simmons was never going to get a gig. Paris is way too raw, even for how cheaply they are throwing around caps.

Are people making a big deal about it? No-one has even mentioned Hogg on BF that I've seen. I don't really care who is in the Aus T20 team anymore except when the World T20 team comes around.

I'd rather they kept likely test prospects out of it anyway.

As mentioned it's most likely management. However, like you, I'd have much preferred to see a smarter selection than Bollinger.

Interesting. Would've thought the best thing for NCN would be getting more international experience, particularly in a team like this where he'd be our most senior bowler (assuming Bollinger doesn't play). He's a class above the guys getting picked.

Interesting. Would've thought the best thing for NCN would be getting more international experience, particularly in a team like this where he'd be our most senior bowler (assuming Bollinger doesn't play). He's a class above the guys getting picked.

Could bode well from him given the India test series

Are people making a big deal about it? No-one has even mentioned Hogg on BF that I've seen. I don't really care who is in the Aus T20 team anymore except when the World T20 team comes around.

I'd rather they kept likely test prospects out of it anyway.

Yeah not BF, but reddits Cricket community seem to think some of them have warranted it. I'd say the CA Facebook page as well but in their mind they'd drop Clarke as captain if he got a golden. I'm not against this team because I think it's the best of the rest that we have in Australia but my god Duminy will destroy Boyce, de Villiers to Abbott and Amla to Richardson.

Bollingers probably the best of the lot since we're versing South Africa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From that squad:

White
Finch (c)
Watson
Dunk (wk)
Maddinson
Reardon
Faulkner
Cutting/Abbott
Richardson
Boyce
Bollinger

Abbott/Cutting
Cummins

Amla, De Kock, De Villiers, Duminy and friends could put up 200+ easily.

Reardon is a pisstake, right?
I think he's just been picked on recent form.

I hope by long form you mean 50 overs. I think there should be quite a few people ahead of NCN when it comes to tests.

It's good to get some young guys in out T20 team but not sure how we will go. Hopefully we can get some wins up!

Didn't realize South Africa had already named their squads.

T20 Squad:
JP Duminy, Kyle Abbott, Farhaan Behardien, Quinton de Kock, Marchant De Lange, Reeza Hendriks, Imran Tahir, Ryan Mclaren, David Miller, Wayne Parnell, Robin Peterson, Kagiso Rabada, Rilee Rossouw, David Wiese

Much like our squad really, not many first choice players.

de Kock (wk)
Behardian
Duminy (C)
Rossouw
Hendriks
Miller
Mclaren
Parnell
Abbott
Wiese
Tahir

De Lange
Kabada
Peterson

de Lange has started the South African domestic season well, would hope that we'll see a fair bit of him over the series and later on for the World Cup.

Rabada was extremely impressive from what I remember of him watching him bowl at the Under 19 World Cup - his pace stood out a mile at that level. Will be interesting if they decide to blood him in to the team at some stage.

Didn't realize South Africa had already named their squads.

T20 Squad:
JP Duminy, Kyle Abbott, Farhaan Behardien, Quinton de Kock, Marchant De Lange, Reeza Hendriks, Imran Tahir, Ryan Mclaren, David Miller, Wayne Parnell, Robin Peterson, Kagiso Rabada, Rilee Rossouw, David Wiese

Much like our squad really, not many first choice players.

de Kock (wk)
Behardian
Duminy (C)
Rossouw
Hendriks
Miller
Mclaren
Parnell
Abbott
Wiese
Tahir

De Lange
Kabada
Peterson
Is it a good sign that I haven't even heard of close to half of these players? o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back