South Africa tour of England (3 ODI, 3 T20's and 3 Tests- July to September 2022)

What will be the result of the Test Series?

• England Win

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • South Africa

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see England progress the game 84 runs off 16 overs shows their intent with this being a 3 day test match . Will surely look to bat at around 4-5 an over tomorrow and have a few overs at the South AFrican top order tomorrow evening

Can't wait to see the SA side out here later in the year. I'd be surprised if one test goes the journey. Both sides have good bowling attacks both sides have s**t batting line ups, we have a slightly less s**t one, that's why we'll win.
Australia have a s**t batting lineup, particularly when playing in Australia. Ok…

At the end of the day the SA selectors are at fault for losing the series - dropping Jansen for the 2nd test was criminal.

They should've kept Markram in for Verreynne and made Markram keep. Verreynne is on par with Sibley and Burns as one of the worst international batsmen I've ever seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is given Day 4 ended around 25 overs short of the scheduled 98 or whatever, South Africas lack of application to at least bat another 20 overs or so yesterday could have easily been the difference between a draw and England win now.

Im thinking even South Africa may be wanted the game done and dusted yesterday.

Whatever your thoughts…it’s not high quality cricket is it
It's been a very disappointing series.

The batting has been simply woeful.

Obviously both teams have good bowling attacks but some of the shot selection and application is barely first class level.

Hardly worth the two teams turning up today with England only needing 33 more runs to win, can't imagine there would be many spectators there.

At the end of the day the SA selectors are at fault for losing the series - dropping Jansen for the 2nd test was criminal.

They should've kept Markram in for Verreynne and made Markram keep. Verreynne is on par with Sibley and Burns as one of the worst international batsmen I've ever seen.

Markram hasn't been setting the world on fire with his batting in tests either so I don't think that would have made much difference.

The South African batting stocks are as bad as I can remember, even their first choice batting line up looks flimsy and they don't have much depth.

They brought Rickelton, Zondo and Mulder in for this test and none of them look like test standard batsmen from what they showed in their two innings.

It's been a very disappointing series.

The batting has been simply woeful.

Obviously both teams have good bowling attacks but some of the shot selection and application is barely first class level.
Long form technique is in decline everywhere…it’s not hard to see why

By my calculations, Anderson and Broad have finished the series four wickets shy of McGrath and Warne for most test wickets as a duo. 1001 to 997.

It'd be a pretty big surprise if they didn't play another test together which will mean at least an additional 29 tests more than the great Aussies.
This is very impressive, especially given they never got the opportunity to bowl to England in the 90s

This is very impressive, especially given they never got the opportunity to bowl to England in the 90s
Anderson and Broad are very good bowlers, there's no doubting that.

But aggregate records of modern day test cricketers are getting very skewed to the English, who play a couple of additional tests a year which over time adds up greatly.

W
Anderson and Broad are very good bowlers, there's no doubting that.

But aggregate records of modern day test cricketers are getting very skewed to the English, who play a couple of additional tests a year which over time adds up greatly.
Anderson still just about their best bowler at 40 years old. Doesn't say much about the depth. Both he and Broad should be starting to be fazed out if they had proper replacements ready. Papering over cracks both batting and bowling IMO. Standard of these test teams is downright shocking ATM. Both England openers barely average 35 in first class cricket.

Back