South Africa v Australia; Second Test at St George's Park, Port Elizabeth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals

I knew Big Vern saw things that weren't there from his appealing but this is something else.

Whats the betting that will be one of the arguments of the appeal? Those comments completely ignore the fact that Smith held his line and Rabada turned into him.

You have to wonder if this will be interpreted as criticism of the match officials which may attract penalties for Philander. Either way, this is a poor look for CSA with Rabada prmising to continue his behaviour and seemingly getting support from CSA. The conduct exhibited by CSA is exceptionally poor and worse than I've ever seen from Australia

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's a shame that the whole sledging thing is now going to carry over into the third Test as well and will probably overshadow the whole series now.
With a series against India later in the year, talk of sledging is only going to continue and dominate discussions. This is why I wish every team would dial it back a bit. Discussion about the match itself seems to be stifled.

La Dolce Vita

Club Legend
May 31, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
SA now reaching pathetic levels trying to blame Smith for contact.

Some posters thought it absurd that I suggested SA would claim ‘victim status’ because you know ‘big bad Australia’

Not sure what’s more funny, that it was 100% predictable or some posters are biased and ignorant.

But this is the same sporting team that emphatically denies FAF is a ball Tamperer and De Kock never called Warner’s wife a whore:rolleyes:

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
SA now reaching pathetic levels trying to blame Smith for contact.

Some posters thought it absurd that I suggested SA would claim ‘victim status’ because you know ‘big bad Australia’

Not sure what’s more funny, that it was 100% predictable or some posters are biased and ignorant.

But this is the same sporting team that emphatically denies FAF is a ball Tamperer and De Kock never called Warner’s wife a whore:rolleyes:

I can't believe Philander. First he says he hasn't really seen the incident, but then goes on to say Smith caused it. Seriously, I used to love South Africa's tough "what happens on the field stays on the field" attitude, but some of them are behaving like sooky Indian or English players in this series. Philander, if you haven't seen something, best you not comment on it.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Whats the betting that will be one of the arguments of the appeal? Those comments completely ignore the fact that Smith held his line and Rabada turned into him.

You have to wonder if this will be interpreted as criticism of the match officials which may attract penalties for Philander. Either way, this is a poor look for CSA with Rabada prmising to continue his behaviour and seemingly getting support from CSA. The conduct exhibited by CSA is exceptionally poor and worse than I've ever seen from Australia

I don't know what footage you're watching but Rabada didn't turn into Smith, he actually rotated his shoulder away from Smith before clipping him.

He still shouldn't have made contact but it's not like he lined Smith up and shirtfronted him.

I can't believe Philander. First he says he hasn't really seen the incident, but then goes on to say Smith caused it. Seriously, I used to love South Africa's tough "what happens on the field stays on the field" attitude, but some of them are behaving like sooky Indian or English players in this series. Philander, if you haven't seen something, best you not comment on it.

South Africa's tough attitude with regards to Rabada bowling like a demon and giving some fiery send offs has resulted in a 2 match ban and Warner is the one that should take your advice about "what happens on the field stays on the field" since he was the one looking to fight de Kock outside the changerooms.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Rabada to scream RACISM and will get a reduced sentence.
You really are a nasty piece of work. First you claim that South Africa is screwed as a country and are about to implode, and now you make a dill out of yourself by suggesting Rabada will somehow use "racism" in his appeal?

I thought these kinds of posts were a thing of the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
According to cricinfo rabada might be able to play the next test anyway while the appeal is being heard.

What exactly are they appealing? The length of the suspension or do they honestly think he's not guilty of the charge? Because if they are appealing the latter, they have no chance of getting the tick. If it's the latter, they could listen to the appeal tomorrow because they couldn't possibly have any new evidence to support the claim.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
I don't think they feel they actually have a case, it's just that with the way the process works you can get the ban suspended while the appeal is being heard so this way rabada likely misses the final test and maybe a less important game sometime after this series rather than both games here.

If this was in the middle of a odi series or a less important test series they would likely accept the ban.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I don't know what footage you're watching but Rabada didn't turn into Smith, he actually rotated his shoulder away from Smith before clipping him.

He still shouldn't have made contact but it's not like he lined Smith up and shirtfronted him.

South Africa's tough attitude with regards to Rabada bowling like a demon and giving some fiery send offs has resulted in a 2 match ban and Warner is the one that should take your advice about "what happens on the field stays on the field" since he was the one looking to fight de Kock outside the changerooms.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

He does not rotate his shoulder away. HJ does not turn away from Smith as you've previously claimed.

He clearly yells in Smith's face and then turns left towards Smith while watching him. It was no accident. Even Crowe said he could find no grounds to deem that act as anything but intentional.

Now Philander has come out and crticised the decision to suspend Rabada, tried to blame Smith and in the process has probably committed a level 2 breach of the code and could well be facing a suspension himself. What a wonderful homage to stupidity.

Do you think that if you keep repeating arrant nonsense that will somehow give it credibility? If so, you and SA have a lot in common and thats something you both should regret. Everybody else can observe Rabada turning left towards Smith, so you convincing nobody.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
What exactly are they appealing? The length of the suspension or do they honestly think he's not guilty of the charge? Because if they are appealing the latter, they have no chance of getting the tick. If it's the latter, they could listen to the appeal tomorrow because they couldn't possibly have any new evidence to support the claim.

Today's paper suggests that CSA might lodge a legal challenge under SA's labour relation laws, thereby attempting to thwart the rules put in place and accepted by CSA. This would mean no SA cricketer could be suspended while playing in South Africa.

If they go down this path and refuse to accept the rules when it no longer suits them, then ICC should just simply expel SA and end this and all future tours.

You either abide by the rules you signed up for or don't play in my view.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
This is one of the dumbest things you have posted.

Why? Did you miss the footage of Warner being restrained by his teammates outside the changerooms as de Kock walked past?

Here we go again :rolleyes:

He does not rotate his shoulder away. HJ does not turn away from Smith as you've previously claimed.

He clearly yells in Smith's face and then turns left towards Smith while watching him. It was no accident. Even Crowe said he could find no grounds to deem that act as anything but intentional.

Now Philander has come out and crticised the decision to suspend Rabada, tried to blame Smith and in the process has probably committed a level 2 breach of the code and could well be facing a suspension himself. What a wonderful homage to stupidity.

Do you think that if you keep repeating arrant nonsense that will somehow give it credibility? If so, you and SA have a lot in common and thats something you both should regret. Everybody else can observe Rabada turning left towards Smith, so you convincing nobody.

I think you'll find other people have said the same thing as me, just because you disagree doesn't make it nonsense.

Rabada should have done more to avoid contact with Smith but I don't think he went out of his way to make contact with him.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
Today's paper suggests that CSA might lodge a legal challenge under SA's labour relation laws, thereby attempting to thwart the rules put in place and accepted by CSA. This would mean no SA cricketer could be suspended while playing in South Africa.

If they go down this path and refuse to accept the rules when it no longer suits them, then ICC should just simply expel SA and end this and all future tours.

They really are a delusional bunch, no wonder rabada got so out of control in that system.

wolmeister

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Why? Did you miss the footage of Warner being restrained by his teammates outside the changerooms as de Kock walked past?

I think you'll find other people have said the same thing as me, just because you disagree doesn't make it nonsense.

Rabada should have done more to avoid contact with Smith but I don't think he went out of his way to make contact with him.

I think he did go out of his way to make contact. Had he held his line on the pitch he would missed Smith quite easily. He deliberately goes across Smith's path, which was right on the edge of the pitch, to make contact with him.

wolmeister

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

100% agree, Australia just packs up and goes home. And no more international cricket hosted in SA until there is a change in SA attitude.

Back