South Africa v Australia; Second Test at St George's Park, Port Elizabeth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will there be problems for selection if Rabada isn't allowed to play?

Will a batsman be dropped to keep quota for Morkel to replace Rabada?

The quota now is actually not a game by game thing, but an average over a length of time.

I like big vern but seriously the hacked twitter line is the worst way to make it go away, all he had to do was admit he went a bit overboard defending his young mate and then say sorry to smith he doesn't have a history of these sorts of comments so I'm sure that would have been enough.

What he meant was 'Wasn't me! I woz hunked, dracked, drunk, no I mean hacked at the time'. I must say this is all pretty bloody funny in a slightly degrading for the sport way.

Yeah, no!

Nobody needs or wants a punch up at the cricket. The whole punish the send off idea is to avoid any possibility of that occurring.

Doesn't matter who wins the punch up, the game loses. Warner should have known better and just lodged a formal complaint with the match officials. You represent your country, you need to display maturity and intelligence otherwise the taunters have already won. Irrespective of the provocation, Warner was wrong to act like that.

Credit to him for pulling his head in and not responding poorly afterwards

Yeah, But if the other Aussie players were not there to grab Warner, the idiot was probably going to physically go at de Kock. Why else would so many Aussie players grab him and try to push him in dressing room?

As you said, Warner should have lodged a complaint given he thought it was so wrong de Kock said what he said behind him and not to his face.

The ironic thing was if it was said on field, to provoke the clown probably would not even get fired up about it but off the field he lost it. It is his own fault if he kept having a go at de Kock as they leaving the field. Any sledging should have been left for the battlefield. Warner should know that.

I do not agree with de Kock saying that type of thing about his wife, but hey, Warner should have more control of how to respond given he engages in the stuff on field as part of his game style.
I do not get if you want to engage in sledging, how you can be leaving yourself open to getting so upset at anything said to you. Warner just should have shut the * up once the session was over instead of carrying on with stuff as they heading to dressing rooms. Just dumb really.

He should apologize to de Kock for being the catalyst for them both getting into trouble.

Poor verim fatlander...nothing worse than a case of victim hood, especially that imaginary kind..

Well, apparently after receiving some fatherly advice, Rabada is willing to concede that him getting himself suspended again for his on field poor conduct that "I'll say 50/50 it's my fault"

Wow what a huge concession from somebody who earlier claimed he had learned his lesson. Not hard to see why the South Africans are developing such a poor reputation.

Looking at that photo, Warner wasn't giving anybody a send off. That might explain why he didn't get pinged for doing a send off.

That was the first test? Lyon got pinged for dropping the ball near ADDV. Warner had words to the bloke who ran him out but theres no rules against sledging somebody. There are rules against screaming in somebody's face though. You're reaching here.
tenor.gif

so clearly screaming relentless abuse at batsmen is okay then?

Last edited:
tenor.gif

so clearly screaming relentless abuse at batsmen is okay then?

Ok you have a clip that show a bunch of guys celebrating including Warner but somehow you can tell from the clip that Warner is 'clearly screaming relentless abuse' at somebody.

A word of advice to you, do not ever try to take anything like that into court as evidence. After the judge has finished shaking his head, he'll award costs to the other side as he dismisses your case. At least he'll be polite enough to laugh at you privately.(much like everybody else who read your post)

Last edited:
Ok you have a clip that show a bunch of guys celebrating including Warner but somehow you can tell from the clip that Warner is 'clearly screaming relentless abuse' at somebody.

A word of advice to you, do not ever try to take anything like that into court as evidence. After the judge has finished shaking his head, he'll award costs to the other side as he dismisses your case. At least he'll be polite enough to laugh at you privately.(much like everybody else who read your post)

All fair comment. But if he’s a sports fan he’ll privately know, as any cricket fan would, that warner is, essentially, screaming at the batsman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All fair comment. But if he’s a sports fan he’ll privately know, as any cricket fan would, that warner is, essentially, screaming at the batsman.

Well, based on what the South Africans themselves said thats unlikely to be true. De Villiers had no comment to make about Warner's conduct and most of the attention was on Lyon's fairly silly response.

Warner's comments on the matter were directed at Markram, who was very clear that Warner was trying to wind him up over being at fault for the run out. He also explicitly stated he had no issues with what Warner was saying as it was all part of the game and was the same as what the South Africans were saying to the Australians.

How a celebration of a wicket where something like 7 or 8 guys were hugging and yelling gets translated into only Warner "clearly screaming relentless abuse at batsmen" is a mystery. Basically it was and remains a stupid comment.

No side can claim the moral high ground here. I hope that the gap between Tests is long enough for them all to have had a good look at themselves and the way they carry themselves on field.

Thats right up there with the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

It would be great if that happened and we could just watch the cricket but the stuff coming out on social media and whats being reported as SA's defence of Rabada says thats just not going to happen. It would appear that South Africa are going to continue the victim claiming tactics and blame Smith for the contact. Even Rabada has now stated he accepts maybe 50 / 50 responsibility for the shoulder bump. 'Maybe'

Things are getting beyond pathetic.

I hope Warner continues his response and keeps his head pulled in. At least one bloke has reacted properly

Not sure just how much shutting up warner has actually done. I listened to the ABC feed of the second test and at various stages the mics were turned up reasonably loud. The background noise was absolutely non-stop at times and most of it sounded like Paine and Warner. That doesn’t mean they were saying anything untoward, of course, but the actual amount of chat didn’t seem to have died down at all.

As he should have. He's a vice captain, not some flog in the crowd. About time he starts to take his role seriously.

Couldn't agree more.

While I would consider him a better captain tactically than Smith, I really don't think his other 'attributes' make him suitable for the role. I think there are others who should be made VC in front of him

Couldn't agree more.

While I would consider him a better captain tactically than Smith, I really don't think his other 'attributes' make him suitable for the role. I think there are others who should be made VC in front of him
I've said it before, we have a clean skin keeper with a lot of experience.

I don’t disagree but he hasn’t shown that he’s any more likely than what everyone already thought, to be able to smack 70+

He’s got less room for error is what I’m trying to say, essentially.
While Starc and Cummins play as they do slow and steady is good. Late order runs are deciding a fair few Test matches at the moment.

I don’t disagree but he hasn’t shown that he’s any more likely than what everyone already thought, to be able to smack 70+

He’s got less room for error is what I’m trying to say, essentially.

If he keeps doing what he has been doing, he'll be around a while yet. I'd rather consistently middling performances from a keeper than the occasional boom, predominantly bust performances of someone like Wade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back