South Africa v Australia; Second Test at St George's Park, Port Elizabeth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Amla, De Villiers and Du Plessis (strange comments at press conferences aside) have really lowered the bar in the senior player behaviour department.
They have shown a real unwillingness to get their slow learning fast bowler to stop carrying on like a dick. Philander can surely be called a senior player, and took to social media with such class.

Du Plessis didn't have an issue with ball tampering, or is that acceptable senior player behavior?

They have shown a real unwillingness to get their slow learning fast bowler to stop carrying on like a dick. Philander can surely be called a senior player, and took to social media with such class.

Du Plessis didn't have an issue with ball tampering, or is that acceptable senior player behavior?

For all you know he probably did slag Du plessis off for lollygate (joke of a scandal anyway) and literally no one in here has defended philander for what was at best a dumb effort.

For all you know he probably did slag Du plessis off for lollygate (joke of a scandal anyway) and literally no one in here has defended philander for what was at best a dumb effort.
All I asked was if he was as consistent in complaining about the senior players from other teams as well.

Why are you making out like that is a bad question to ask?

Poor De Villiers had a ball dropped on him by Lyon and still gets blamed? You have reached a new low.

Have you not noticed the South Africans this series?

This series? Yet quotes something from 2016. Nice ability to change the goal posts.

Philander can surely be called a senior player, and took to social media with such class.
Philander had his twitter account hacked.

Poor De Villiers had a ball dropped on him by Lyon and still gets blamed? You have reached a new low.

This series? Yet quotes something from 2016. Nice ability to change the goal posts.

Philander had his twitter account hacked.

What the * did I say about Lyon?

So you are happy to avoid any blame to anyone but Australians.

You have more than answered my question.

As for getting his account hacked.........thats never been used before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And as I pointed out, take out Kohli and Anderson pretty much, and what other teams have senior players who regularly play up?
The controversy free Du Plessis?

So that's half the test playing nations. Why are you so keen to defend a question to someobe else by apply g selective criteria?

I asked a question. You seem to want to answer it for someone else.

What the **** did I say about Lyon?

You have more than answered my question.

As for getting his account hacked.........thats never been used before.

This is too good.

Aside from Philander’s tweet, and Du Plessis making some odd comments, neither of which are ON FIELD BEHAVIOUR ISSUES, what are the senior player actions that he is supposed to be criticising?

You’re asking him if he bags SA’s senior players for their poor behaviour, yet haven’t given an example yet of when they’ve behaved poorly this series. Which has become painfully obvious because now NOT stopping young players in De Kock and Rabada is being twisted into bad behaviour, somehow.

Rabada should have controlled his celebration much more. I've said that on numerous occasions. He deserves to be suspended, like he did against India. I hate seeing that kind of behaviour on the cricket field, hence why I am so critical of what Warner, Starc and Lyon showing similar behaviour.

If De Kock used inappropriate terms to describe Warner's wife, then that's not on either.

Does that meet your quota of critical analysis of the Proteas?

Can't think of any instances where the senior South African players have behaved inappropriately in this series, as per your request. Can you?

The controversy free Du Plessis?

So that's half the test playing nations. Why are you so keen to defend a question to someobe else by apply g selective criteria?

I asked a question. You seem to want to answer it for someone else.

Du Plessis has had two - count them, two incidents, and one of them was so farcical as to be a Betoota Advocate story. The other came in his 9th Test!

Find me a senior player in their side at the moment who is constantly having to pull their head in.

Rabada should have controlled his celebration much more. I've said that on numerous occasions. He deserves to be suspended, like he did against India. I hate seeing that kind of behaviour on the cricket field, hence why I am so critical of what Warner, Starc and Lyon showing similar behaviour.

If De Kock used inappropriate terms to describe Warner's wife, then that's not on either.

Does that meet your quota of critical analysis of the Proteas?

Can't think of any instances where the senior South African players have behaved inappropriately in this series, as per your request. Can you?

I just asked a question.

Quite a reasonable one considering how quick you are to criticize anything Australian.

Why are you so precious about it?

This is too good.

Aside from Philander’s tweet, and Du Plessis making some odd comments, neither of which are ON FIELD BEHAVIOUR ISSUES, what are the senior player actions that he is supposed to be criticising?

You’re asking him if he bags SA’s senior players for their poor behaviour, yet haven’t given an example yet of when they’ve behaved poorly this series. Which has become painfully obvious because now NOT stopping young players in De Kock and Rabada is being twisted into bad behaviour, somehow.
I forgot what a white knight you are always trying to be.

You’re on an online forum and complaining about someone replying to you.

Ok.
I complained?

I asked someone a question. You came in to hold the hand of someone else that wants to fight your cause with you. For some reason you decided to put certain criteria and exceptions on a question I asked.

I complained?

I asked someone a question. You came in to hold the hand of someone else that wants to fight your cause with you. For some reason you decided to put certain criteria and exceptions on a question I asked.

Don’t ask the question if you aren’t prepared to cop the answer genius.

What exceptions and criteria have I added? I’ve noted specific examples of other teams who do have senior players that act up.

‘Do you complain about senior players misbehaving from teams that aren’t Australia?’

‘Aside from England and India, which other teams’ senior players is he supposed to complain about.’

It’s not quantum physics.

Don’t ask the question if you aren’t prepared to cop the answer genius.

What exceptions and criteria have I added? I’ve noted specific examples of other teams who do have senior players that act up.

‘Do you complain about senior players misbehaving from teams that aren’t Australia?’

‘Aside from England and India, which other teams’ senior players is he supposed to complain about.’

It’s not quantum physics.

Why put the "aside from England and India" when they would be perfectly acceptable answers in the first place?

You mentioned a few times that it had to be SAf. Why? I didn't specify them. You also decided that you didn't think Du Plessis had to bear any responsibility for Rabada and his brain farts. Good on you. I beg to differ.

As the captain about to lose a player to suspension, I think that is a fairly reasonable thing to expect. White knight away though.

Why put the "aside from England and India" when they would be perfectly acceptable answers in the first place?

You mentioned a few times that it had to be SAf. Why? I didn't specify them. You also decided that you didn't think Du Plessis had to bear any responsibility for Rabada and his brain farts. Good on you. I beg to differ.

As the captain about to lose a player to suspension, I think that is a fairly reasonable thing to expect. White knight away though.

For starters, they aren’t playing england or India so either way it’s not especially relevant I guess.

What’s he supposed to do, field on the pitch so he can tackle him before he gets in the batsman’s face?

I would be extremely surprised if arguably the best captain in world cricket had not at least had a word to Rabada. Not every single disciplanary issue can be avoided by a captain telling his players to behave. Border had players misbehave under him long after he started pulling the disciplanary reins.
Did Steve Waugh pull Glenn McGrath away from Ramnaresh Sarwan? No. I’m not about to blame Waugh for the blow up though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back