South Africa v Australia; Second Test at St George's Park, Port Elizabeth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Check again. They've overturned the physical contact part and pretended it didn't happen. Physical contact cannot be a level 1 offence. The level 2 offence was overturned and replaced with a level 1 offence to achieve a desired result. ie Rabada to play. Intention physical contact is a minimum level 2 offence under the code. This is a disgrace as I've previously stated. Your claim that it should have been a level 1 charge is incorrect under the ICC code

Philander's criticism of the decision is also a level 2 offence. There has not even been any investigation and it would be easy to verify any claims of hacking
CDNEB1tW8AEp0Jf.jpg

Philander essentially accused Smith of staging. That fine in your opinion?

Not really. But I don’t think it’s a suspension. Clarke called Steyn a cheat last time Australia were there, and warner openly questioned how he got the ball to swing. Did they get rubbed out?

F***en hell.

Edit: just realised you’re referring to the senior player thing. I am pretty sure I mentioned Philander s tweet earlier in that discussion anyway. But regardless, the question was asked ‘do you bag the other teams’ senior players this much for their behaviour?’ in regard to on-field carry on. The response was given that the onfield behaviour of the senior SA players is generally fine anyway.

Not sure who is worse Rabada or the spineless ICC - Corrupt no doubt.

Radaaba is an absolute goose and he deserves to be taunted at every opportunity.

The volcano will explode for sure. Can't wait for it. He won't play the 4th test, guaranteed.

If you don't suspend a bloke for making deliberate contact you've set a very dangerous precedent. This next test could get very ugly.

Cricketers making contact with each other is rare, no doubt there will still be plenty of sledging but I doubt they will see this is as the green light to start brawling with each other.

Rabada in particular would be stupid to get in any sort of confrontation after just being given a reprieve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricketers making contact with each other is rare, no doubt there will still be plenty of sledging but I doubt they will see this is as the green light to start brawling with each other.

Rabada in particular would be stupid to get in any sort of confrontation after just being given a reprieve.

Didnt he respond to his level 2 charge from the first innings by adding a level 1 in the second.

Rabada doesnt seem to be very good at modifying his behaviour.

Not really. But I don’t think it’s a suspension. Clarke called Steyn a cheat last time Australia were there, and warner openly questioned how he got the ball to swing. Did they get rubbed out?

F***en hell.

Edit: just realised you’re referring to the senior player thing. I am pretty sure I mentioned Philander s tweet earlier in that discussion anyway. But regardless, the question was asked ‘do you bag the other teams’ senior players this much for their behaviour?’ in regard to on-field carry on. The response was given that the onfield behaviour of the senior SA players is generally fine anyway.

I actually said OTHER TEAMS.....didn't single out South Africa at all. Had the person I asked mentioned Anderson, Kohli, Gayle or any other players it would have answered my question perfectly.

You somehow decided you didn't like the question, which wasn't asked of you at all and wanted it to be all about South Africa.
By that stage you were so invested in flying your flag and trying to fight the good fight for everybody that might be lined up with your cause that you decided you didn't care that a fairly reasonable question was asked in the first place.

Stand aside Batman. PhatBoy is here to fight all injustice for you.

You mean like getting cited for giving Warner a send off after his being cited for intentional and inappropriate physical contact and after claiming he'd learned his lesson? You mean that sort of stupid?

Or claiming that he couldn't be 'comfortably satisfied' that the conduct was inetional after watching Rabada change direction and shoulder bump Smith while watching him the whole time? That sort of stupid?

Or thinking the rest of the world can't see yet another kiwi lawyer acting corruptly? That sort of stupid?

Or pitches drying out in the rain? That sort of stupid?

Is that what you mean?

sorry mate - just stirrin' ya ;)

Agree that that is an absurd decision to downgrade the charge

Have a feeling that this might inspire the Aussie's win the series - wondering if it's worth a little flutter if the odds blow out...

Yeah all good. This joint needs a sarcastica font for people like me not picking up the joke first time

Disgraceful decision. Pretty obvious from early on that the fix was in. Always a worry when lawyers get involved, you just know commonsense and the bleeding obvious is going to go out the window. Lawyers always tend to throw up red herrings, hypotheticals and split hairs, and tie a straight forward matter up in legalistic mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:
I actually said OTHER TEAMS.....didn't single out South Africa at all. Had the person I asked mentioned Anderson, Kohli, Gayle or any other players it would have answered my question perfectly.

You somehow decided you didn't like the question, which wasn't asked of you at all and wanted it to be all about South Africa.
By that stage you were so invested in flying your flag and trying to fight the good fight for everybody that might be lined up with your cause that you decided you didn't care that a fairly reasonable question was asked in the first place.

Stand aside Batman. PhatBoy is here to fight all injustice for you.

Lol, aside from once getting in the face of an opponent (can’t think who it was) at a world T20, what has Gayle done onfield that’s so reprehensible?

Ironic that you go to the sarcasm well to highlight me allegedly being a social justice warrior, when you’ve spent about 100 posts cracking the shits over someone daring to say something bad about an Australian player without citing every non-Australian player who’s done anything similar. Which the ‘rules’ state you have to do, apparently.

You mean like getting cited for giving Warner a send off after his being cited for intentional and inappropriate physical contact and after claiming he'd learned his lesson? You mean that sort of stupid?

Or claiming that he couldn't be 'comfortably satisfied' that the conduct was inetional after watching Rabada change direction and shoulder bump Smith while watching him the whole time? That sort of stupid?

Or thinking the rest of the world can't see yet another kiwi lawyer acting corruptly? That sort of stupid?

Or pitches drying out in the rain? That sort of stupid?

Is that what you mean?

Calm down.

I'm just saying that Rabada would have to be next level stupid to get in any controversial confrontations after the last couple of weeks, only time will tell if he has learnt to pull his head in.

Wonder if Plugger35 has any priors that would warrant deportation.

I was born in Australia so you can forget about me being deported.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back