South Africa v Australia; Second Test at St George's Park, Port Elizabeth.

Remove this Banner Ad

this wasn’t a McGrath vs De Silva incident in the 1995 WSC or even McGrath vs Hayden in 1994 WSC. This was a brush of the arm which may or may not have have been on purpose.

Wasn't even a Stokes/Johnson, which was mild. That was just 'tough' cricket. When it's a bloke who's winning games of cricket against the team you support it's a blight on the game and a travesty of the judicial process.

Right I will use simple words for you— he wasn’t found to have intentional physical contact at whatever burden of proof required by the ICC. So why would you expect him to be punished for that?

I’m not sure why you’re crying about the decision- I’m loving the contest this is one of the best test series in recent history and Rabada is a key reason why- I didn’t see anything obvious this wasn’t a McGrath vs De Silva incident in the 1995 WSC or even McGrath vs Hayden in 1994 WSC. This was a brush of the arm which may or may not have have been on purpose.

Let the kid play this series would be so much more worthy if we can win and he plays. This is fantastic. It breathes massive life in test 3 & 4

Perhaps get somebody to explain my post to you then.

Especially the bit about creating a burden of proof that can never be achived. Thats what you need to do sometimes to get a desired result....and thats never an acceptable process or at least it shouldn't be acceptable if you have principles. Its great when you don't want to be burdened by honesty or little things like that

Surprised he's not missing a test personally. Massive Rabada fan but he's stepped over Thr line a number of times this series. The send offs need to stop- as does the double standards shown within the Australian cricket team.

At least quote all my post not the bit out of context but yes, when Harbajan Singh called Andrew Symonds a monkey, that was racist. Singh at least conducted a racist act and the ICC was complicit in allowing the BCCI to bully their way out of it.

If you are trying to infer that somehow makes me a racist, help yourself but thats as accurate as the other guff you post on here

Perhaps get somebody to explain my post to you then.

Especially the bit about creating a burden of proof that can never be achived. Thats what you need to do sometimes to get a desired result....and thats never an acceptable process or at least it shouldn't be acceptable if you have principles. Its great when you don't want to be burdened by honesty or little things like that

Yes that’s all that is going through your head at the moment honesty and principles..... not your blinded albeit admirable patriotism for the team you support.

I’m sure if Fremantle made the 2018 GF and Fyfe was involved in an incident in the PF all you would want was decision which was shrouded in honesty and principle

Bullshit.

You live vicariously through any negative news that comes out about Australians.

To say otherwise is to deny your entire BF persona.

I might barrack against Australia and want them to lose but I don't want players suspended for what I consider minor infractions like sledging or giving send offs, in fact I prefer test cricket when there is some spice and niggle involved providing it doesn't cross the line and get too nasty.

Australian supporters might be pissed off that Rabada's ban has been overturned but it will make the next 2 tests a much better spectacle with him playing.

Yes that’s all that is going through your head at the moment honesty and principles..... not your blinded albeit admirable patriotism for the team you support.

I’m sure if Fremantle made the 2018 GF and Fyfe was involved in an incident in the PF all you would want was decision which was shrouded in honesty and principle

Correct.

You won't see me endorsing Warner's conduct or Lyon's for that matter. Read my posts already in this thread.

Unlike you, I apply the same standards on both sides. No problems at all with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least quote all my post not the bit out of context but yes, when Harbajan Singh called Andrew Symonds a monkey, that was racist. Singh at least conducted a racist act and the ICC was complicit in allowing the BCCI to bully their way out of it.

If you are trying to infer that somehow makes me a racist, help yourself but thats as accurate as the other guff you post on here
"Aiden Markam has the greatest technique of any opening batsman in the history of the game." This guy could not even spell his name right, after declaring how good he is. There is not much sense coming from him.

"Aiden Markam has the greatest technique of any opening batsman in the history of the game." This guy could not even spell his name right, after declaring how good he is. There is not much sense coming from him.

Yeah not fussed but I'm gunna be showing some people his post intimating that somehow I'm a racist. Thats gunna trigger a lot of laughs

If I remember correctly he spelled it Markham - the autocorrect term when you type “Markram” on an apple device.
Fairly tenuous basis for an academic assessment.

Oh, and I believe his lyrical waxing was about his cover driving technique.

Well no it doesn’t. The upshot of the series so far is that he is one point away from a suspension, when he was 3 points away from one at the start of the series

Suspended sentence, big deal.

No point having a match referee anymore. Hope someone in this test crosses the line, will serve the ICC right for being pissweak.

Relevance?

For the record, I was working a 14 hour shift in the wards and was typing out a post between surgeries on a 10 minute break. But thank you for your concern :thumbsu:

Suspended sentence, big deal.

No point having a match referee anymore. Hope someone in this test crosses the line, will serve the ICC right for being pissweak.

There are currently 84 penalised incidents on the ICC code of conduct ‘honour roll’ that are still on players’ current records (as far as I understand the system anyway). The refs must be doing something.

For a guy who chipped me for 'personal attacks' recently, having a crack at a bloke who spelt a name wrong is pretty laughable gordo.

Correct.

You won't see me endorsing Warner's conduct or Lyon's for that matter. Read my posts already in this thread.

Unlike you, I apply the same standards on both sides. No problems at all with that.

You should contact commissioner hayne I think he is looking for someone with your deep moralistic beliefs on the royal commission.

For what it is worth:

I have not made one comment on Lyon or Warner’s conduct.

I’m supporting Australia in this contest.

Rabada is a young guy who is fiery similar to a young McGrath, Johnson and Starc and countless other gun young fast bowlers he will tone it down as he matures.

Lyon is just mischievous overall seems a good sport who likes winning and gets carried away but there was nothing malicious and that’s the way the match referee judged his actions.

Warner is a hypocritical punk - who is he to set the standard as to what is right or wrong. Right now for me he is the only person on our team I dislike and find it hard to barrack for.

Whatever Woody. If I am going to call someone the greatest of all time, I would make sure I spelt their name properly. You may be different.
Who gives a * ?! Doesn't diminish his point or opinion because he spelt his last name wrong. * me.

You should contact commissioner hayne I think he is looking for someone with your deep moralistic beliefs on the royal commission.

For what it is worth:

I have not made one comment on Lyon or Warner’s conduct.

I’m supporting Australia in this contest.

Rabada is a young guy who is fiery similar to a young McGrath, Johnson and Starc and countless other gun young fast bowlers he will tone it down as he matures.

Lyon is just mischievous overall seems a good sport who likes winning and gets carried away but there was nothing malicious and that’s the way the match referee judged his actions.

Warner is a hypocritical punk - who is he to set the standard as to what is right or wrong. Right now for me he is the only person on our team I dislike and find it hard to barrack for.

Just wrong.

Rabada has more offences in 13 months than Warner in a career and Warner is not fit to be our VC. Rabada is not fit to be in the game until he can control his actions and considering how he been encouraged by CSA and now the ICC that day will likely never happen. He's a serial idiot and will certainly get involved i9n more send offs in the next game, which I'm betting won't even see him cited.

Cricket like AFL is no longer a sort but an entertainment managed entirely by money.

If you're satisfied with that, then you have what you want. To me thats unacceptable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back