South Africa v India (3 Test matches, 3 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

PhatBoy

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Also, Rassie van der Dussen is fine company.

Surely it’s a matter of time until he breaks through in tests. He’s played some very important cameo knocks but yet to click properly. Seems like he has some gears

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
Actually an important win for South Africa in terms of automatic World Cup qualification. Their series draw with Ireland and series loss to Sri Lanka had put them in a spot of bother.

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Actually an important win for South Africa in terms of automatic World Cup qualification. Their series draw with Ireland and series loss to Sri Lanka had put them in a spot of bother.
Are we sure this series is part of the ODI super league? If it is, then its a hugely important win.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
Are we sure this series is part of the ODI super league? If it is, then its a hugely important win.
You're right, it's not. Scratch what I said then as I'm an idiot. SA v India are playing as part of the Super League but the series needs to be a India home series.

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah its not part of it. Sri Lanka are the team is real trouble. Ireland will also drop because they have already played so many

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Indian cricket fans are BRUTAL!

ODIs have become boring but Indian team is taking it to the next level with their insipid display... this is beyond boring
I agree.
Hardened criminals should be forced to watch KL's innings of today. Beyond the third degree.

Confessions will follow and conviction rates will sky rocket.

freo_leo29

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Highest chase here is like 260 or something?

India have put up a decent score

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rocker_oz33

TheBrownDog
May 15, 2007
MON THE f*n BIFF.
AFL Club
Geelong
SA looks likes like a good place to travel on those shits they showed before .

When I was talking to ump Rudi in our Hotel in 05 he said SA is alot like Australia.
He loved a beer ,

Blue Arrow

All Australian
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
SA looks likes like a good place to travel on those shits they showed before .

When I was talking to ump Rudi in our Hotel in 05 he said SA is alot like Australia.
He loved a beer ,

I really hope that is a misspelling from you :)

=================================================

SA are looking good, I was a bit worried about this tour for them but they have found players with backbones.

PhatBoy

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Aside from the quota factor it’s baffling that Malan hasn’t had a look in for the test team with a first class average of 50 even allowing for the deceiving figures in SA domestic cricket

Jamurp

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
How do we reckon South Africa will go when they come here next summer? Still have plenty of quality in their side, and keep finding new players who come in and look promising, they love playing here too. Really hoping it'll be a competitive series, will be great to see guys like Rabada play, seems like an age.

Around the Wicket

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How do we reckon South Africa will go when they come here next summer? Still have plenty of quality in their side, and keep finding new players who come in and look promising, they love playing here too. Really hoping it'll be a competitive series, will be great to see guys like Rabada play, seems like an age.

I don't think there batsmen will hold up against Aussie quicks myself, easy 3-0 win to Australia.

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
i think if we turn out wickets that are doing a bit for the quicks, they have the bowling lineup to expose australia's batting. will be good, low-scoring cricket, i reckon.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
i think if we turn out wickets that are doing a bit for the quicks, they have the bowling lineup to expose australia's batting. will be good, low-scoring cricket, i reckon.

Yes that's my thoughts too, would love to see how their bowlers can fare on some decent decks offering movement and pace etc. If the pitches are flat and roads etc, SA's batting (on paper anyway) is comfortably below Australia's.

To be fair though, and as I was saying throughout this Test series, their batsman grew more assured and confident every innings against world class bowling. So anything is possible - hell India with their 3rd XI conquered the Gabba last year. Anything can happen.

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Their bowlers will do well but I doubt their batsmen will give them enough runs to play with.

PhatBoy

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
whisper it quietly but SA are putting together an odi side that has a LOT of potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad