South Africa - Where to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is far more complex than removing him as Captain because he is Jewish - as many have pointed out. I witnessed some of the most obscene racism that I have ever seen first hand by a lad of the same background against a cape coloured kid in the very same team that we played in. This was in Sydney mid 90’s. Shameful.
I had a South African boyfriend for a few years and he knocked about with the some of the Jo'burg Jewish crowd, this was late 90s but some of things that came out of their mouths belonged in the nineteenth century.

I sincerely doubt that it’s in the past - it’s not something I want to get into because it’s a no win situation
If he has directed racism toward his teammates or others, then he should be stood down and dropped from the team.

If he hasn’t, then one reading of this story is he has lost the captaincy for disagreeing with SA’s foreign policy. Maybe there are clauses requiring players to STFU?

I had a South African boyfriend for a few years and he knocked about with the some of the Jo'burg Jewish crowd, this was late 90s but some of things that came out of their mouths belonged in the nineteenth century.
What did the SAJ's think about apartheid?
Alot have left since it ended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back