U18 Champs South Australia vs Allies, Thebarton Oval, Sunday June 19 @ 1.30pm (stream on AFL.com.au)

Who wins?

• South Australia

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • The Allies

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

U18 Champs - SA vs Allies
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

Game 1: South Australia vs Allies, Thebarton Oval, Sunday June 19 @ 1.30pm​

TEAMS​

South Australia
Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 13.52.45.png

Allies
Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 13.52.56.png

BROADCAST​

Live Stream:

Replay:

More info may appear here: U18s - AFL.com.au

Last edited by a moderator:

I’m always genuinely excited about keelers prospects as a 2nd ruck. He always looked extremely good in ruck to me, good enough to be a 1st ruck but as a kpf 2nd ruck he could give a team great looks against opponents 2nd rucks and a different type of ruck to their main ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a very messy game, i dont know if it was the wind or just some poor execution of skills

SA 93 - Allies 56

from my PoV the best were

Mattaes Phillipou - SA - clean hands in tight, good kicking action, kicked 2 goals and had plenty of it
Angus Anderson - Allies - another who was clean in tight, was very composed, good skills compared to most in the Allies team
Billy Dowling - SA - got a few clearances, also good direct fast handballs, clean disposal
Isaac Keeler - SA - the best tall on the ground, kicked 4 goals and competed well in the ruck, also brought the ball to ground inside 50 beautifully

then there were a few to play good footy

SA:
Max Michaelanny - created rebound, smart medium defender
Archie Lovelock - played well in part midfield and then up forward kicking a couple of goals
Jake Walker - i think he was negating his opponent in the 1st half then started winning it himself in the 2nd half, kicked a goal
Jack Delean - took a few good marks and linked up play, kicked a goal too
Jaiden Magor - started the game well kicking 2 goals in the 1st half then faded out of the game a bit
Adam D'Aloia - started off on a flank where he barely got involved in the play in the 1st half, but worked his way into it a little more in the 2nd half to just get a mention

Allies:
Colby McKercher - good running player with some good speed also fought out a few contests, very impressive game
Caiden Cleary - was pretty competitive off half back and a wing early, didnt see much of him in the last quarter
Jason Gilbee - got a heap of poss off of half back, a bit wayward with disposal, but also hit some lovely kicks to get the allies going
Jed Walter - big KPF for 2023, threw his weight around, kicked 2 goals and provided a focal point for the Allies going forward
Seth Campbell - kicked a couple of goals and was 1 of a few Allies that had good skills
Lachlan Cowan - knows how to get the ball, but his ball use was a bit all over the place early
Harry Rowston - in the midfield he was looking to handball to Lawrence all the time, which didnt work well for the Allies, then went forward and kicked 3 goals with the wind
Tom McCallum - another player that was really clean in his marking attempts/spoils and general disposal

players who disappointed:

Anthony Munkara - didnt look like he wanted to be there, tried a little in the 2nd half, but wasnt interested
Harry Lemmey - all game was involved in about half a dozen contests, kicked a goal, not much else to highlight

also wanted to point out that i think Nick Madden missed the most 2-5m handballs in the history of the game in this game, im joking but im not sure if im right, which is the funniest part.

Colby McKercher this year or next?
There’s a bit of footage around that does show him to look genuinely quick in the Tasmanian Football League.

a very messy game, i dont know if it was the wind or just some poor execution of skills

SA 93 - Allies 56

Mattaes Phillipou - SA - clean hands in tight, good kicking action, kicked 2 goals and had plenty of it
Angus Anderson - Allies - another who was clean in tight, was very composed, good skills compared to most in the Allies team
Billy Dowling - SA - got a few clearances, also good direct fast handballs, clean disposal
Isaac Keeler - SA - the best tall on the ground, kicked 4 goals and competed well in the ruck, also brought the ball to ground inside 50 beautifully

SA:
Archie Lovelock - played well in part midfield and then up forward kicking a couple of goals
Jake Walker - i think he was negating his opponent in the 1st half then started winning it himself in the 2nd half, kicked a goal
Jaiden Magor - started the game well kicking 2 goals in the 1st half then faded out of the game a bit
Adam D'Aloia - started off on a flank where he barely got involved in the play in the 1st half, but worked his way into it a little more in the 2nd half to just get a mention

Allies:
Colby McKercher - good running player with some good speed also fought out a few contests, very impressive game
Caiden Cleary - was pretty competitive off half back and a wing early, didnt see much of him in the last quarter
Jason Gilbee - got a heap of poss off of half back, a bit wayward with disposal, but also hit some lovely kicks to get the allies going
Jed Walter - big KPF for 2023, threw his weight around, kicked 2 goals and provided a focal point for the Allies going forward
Seth Campbell - kicked a couple of goals and was 1 of a few Allies that had good skills
Lachlan Cowan - knows how to get the ball, but his ball use was a bit all over the place early
Harry Rowston - in the midfield he was looking to handball to Lawrence all the time, which didnt work well for the Allies, then went forward and kicked 3 goals with the wind
Tom McCallum - another player that was really clean in his marking attempts/spoils and general disposal

Anthony Munkara - didnt look like he wanted to be there, tried a little in the 2nd half, but wasnt interested
Harry Lemmey - all game was involved in about half a dozen contests, kicked a goal, not much else to highlight

also wanted to point out that i think Nick Madden missed the most 2-5m handballs in the history of the game in this game, im joking but im not sure if im right, which is the funniest part.

I reckon that covers off on the main names pretty well mate.

I thought Alex Holt stood out for SA across half back, particularly in the second half. Had some low % longer kicks that hit their mark despite some pressure. Also thought that Rypsta looked dangerous in the forward line and provided some really good defensive efforts.

SA 93 - Allies 56

SA:

Allies:

Kelsey Rypstra no mention?

I'd have him quite high in SA's bests?

I reckon that covers off on the main names pretty well mate.

I thought Alex Holt stood out for SA across half back, particularly in the second half. Had some low % longer kicks that hit their mark despite some pressure. Also thought that Rypsta looked dangerous in the forward line and provided some really good defensive efforts.
Absolutely.

Back