Shield South Australia vs New South Wales

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive changes for NSW.
Not the ones we need going forward. Blake MacDonald will be a cert to start the season, probably Hackney too, the others can go back to lower tier and relearn how to bat at this level.
Surely Moises is done after this season?
Hoping same, but making him interum skipper worries me. Will they want him to hold the reins next season. He is a Blues pet so I say yes..

All four have thrown away their wickets. Hello this is Karen Rolton road, get yourself in and you can bat all day. Absolute brain dead cricket by the Blues

Last edited:
Not the ones we need going forward. Blake MacDonald will be a cert to start the season, probably Hackney too, the others can go back to lower tier and relearn how to bat at this level.

Hoping same, but making him interum skipper worries me. Will they want him to hold the reins next season. He is a Blues pet so I say yes..

All four have thrown away their wickets. Hello this is Karen Rolton road, get yourself in and you can bat all day. Absolute brain dead cricket by the Blues

first three wickets were on the hook.

Would be nice to see Kelvin Smith become a regular. Has been a very good grade cricketer and junior. Think this could be our best Top 4 going forwards. 5 and 6 worry me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry Hunt's batting has really fallen away this season. Only one 50 in his past 10 innings, 182 runs @18.2. He must have spent too long as a Redback, it's rubbed off on him.

In hindsight giving him the captaincy was a bad call, even though I was in favour at the time.

Definitely the sort of character who thinks a lot about the game, at times to his detriment. Certainly have faith in Hunt to bounce back from this but it is far from ideal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt is really struggling his set up looks wrong/unbalanced to me, front foot too open causing his head to fall over the straight one today... and front foot doesn't get to off which causes his normal mode nicking off on 4th/5th stump

Jake Lehmann. The Ian Perrie of the redbacks. Just does enough in the last game of the year to get a spot for the next season

8th first class century for Lehmann

first three wickets were on the hook.
Exactly, mistimed, poor execution. The fourth was more a white ball stroke by Davies. A man coached in red ball would have left that.

A sporting declaration by the 'Spiders' sees the Blues building a healthy lead but will need plenty more on this deck.

..and they have upped it to 341 at stumps. MacDonald with his first 50, Hackney two off his first ton. This is a road so doubt they will be declaring. I say an hour into the morning.
And that will be NSW's way of thanking SA for trying to make a game of it. This is why I cannot agree with Taylor's suggestion that we have 4 day Test matches. There aren't enough captains who play attacking cricket. This is the final game of the season, neither side can make the final, so I guess that's a good enough reason to play out a boring draw.

Same thing is happening in the Tas v Qld game. Mind numbing.

Weird end to this game. I didn't expect NSW to set a gettable total but anything over a 300 lead was going to be enough. Who knows may only two sessions at the Redbacks.

Weird end to this game. I didn't expect NSW to set a gettable total but anything over a 300 lead was going to be enough. Who knows may only two sessions at the Redbacks.
Just as I predicted. Allow Hackney his century then add between 20-40 extras. Game on now with the spiders needing 386 to rub it into the Blues who already have the wooden spoon.

Last edited:
Just as I predicted. Allow Hackney his century then add between 20-40 extras. Game on now with the spiders needing 386 to avoid another wooden spoon. Go the Blues.

Redbacks are getting no where near 386. Will probably get bowled out or end in a draw.

Just as I predicted. Allow Hackney his century then add between 20-40 extras. Game on now with the spiders needing 386 to avoid another wooden spoon. Go the Blues.
Um, New South Wales are locked for the spoon. They needed to make like 1000 in 100 overs to be a chance not to have it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back