Shield South Australia vs New South Wales

Remove this Banner Ad

New South Wales are locked for the spoon.
The forum police strike again. Love pointing out mistakes. One on every forum. I had changed my post, but evidently the first saved is the one quoted.
Changed post: Game on now with the spiders needing 386 to rub it into the Blues who already have the wooden spoon.

Last edited:
The forum police strike again. Love pointing out mistakes. One on every forum. I had changed my post, but evidently the first saved is the one quoted.
Changed post: Game on now with the spiders needing 386 to rub it into the Blues who already have the wooden spoon.
You edited 15 minutes after my reply came so you clearly saw me correct it, edit, and then whinged about 40 minutes later.

Not a chance now for SA to win, with the Blues declaration taking too long. Had've been good to watch the spiders going for the win.

Hunt may have had a season to forget but SACA can be well pleased with the progress of Daniel Drew.

We won't be winning but it would be good to see Drew and McSweeney finish off the season with a score, those 2 and Spencer Johnson (cheers Heat) are probably the main positives to take away from this season.
Did Johnson come falling back to earth this game? Didn't watch much due to the other games but looks like he got tapped.

Blues hierarchy wont dismiss the sporting declaration. As I see it they will declare once Hackney secures his first Shield century plus add another 20/40 runs. It will still be a good contest on this road and hopefully an exciting one despite the Blues already taking home the dreaded wooden spoon. They sure as hell will want to end their miserable season win a win.

So you expect a Redbacks team with a suspect batting line up to give nearly 400 a shake in less than a day? This is what's killing Sheffield Shield cricket IMHO.

Did Johnson come falling back to earth this game? Didn't watch much due to the other games but looks like he got tapped.
He did however KRO is a disgrace of a facility for 1st class cricket. I think this confirms it would be in his best interest to move to QLD where the conditions would be much more suitable for him instead of having to slog his guts out on the s...heap that is Karen Rolton Oval!!

This partnership is 75 at more than a run a ball. SA have 47 overs to get 227, they could still do it if these two stay in

NSW are bowling negative now but SA doing nothing with the loose ones.
Liam Scott is snatching a draw from the jaws of victory

Have we jumped the gun. Skipper Lehmann isn't closing shop and was a better than a run a ball 49 at tea. 197 to win with plenty of batting to come, on a batting belter with a tiring Blues attack which boasts only one seasoned pro bowler. Not a gamble, nothing to lose, go for it spiders.

Lehmann always bats at that pace. I'm not his greatest fan but have given him points in this game for his captain's knock in the 1st innings and his declaration in an attempt to make a game of it, but he would undo all that if he got out chasing an impossible victory.

Not this game, but good to see Tasmania got the boring draw it worked so hard to obtain.

NSW set this up so only they could realisticly win, and even now are the only side who can and are still not pushing for wickets... poor from moistness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lehmann is gone and with 20 overs left SA might be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Blockathon it is

Not sure how you come to this conclusion set 386 in less that a day, 197 in the final session with 5 wickets in hand and the field still spread to all parts... NSW have been in the driver's seat all game and haven't really got onboard with result cricket, even though they are still the only likely winners....

NSW have been in the driver's seat all game and haven't really got onboard with result cricket
The lifeless deck has won the contest with both attacks left with no answers, despite both skippers trying to breath some life into the match with sporting declarations.

A couple of late wickets by the Blues, can they pull off a last ditch win.

Last edited:
Poor strategy by NSW. They battered for far too long given the SA declaration yesterday. The time they wasted this morning would of probably been enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back