South Australia's Covid-19 outbreak.

Remove this Banner Ad

So, is there no rule in place stating if one is working at a lockdown hotel then one CANNOT work anywhere else until said crisis has passed ??

And if there's no rule, WHY NOT ?

Sorry if i've missed something here.

In one situation the virus has only spread through prolonged close contact with a confirmed case.

In the other situation the virus could have potentially spread to everyone that stepped foot into the bar to grab a pizza or had a pizza delivered to them.

Understand. But the person said initially that they only bought the pizza from the shop and as a result the state went into lockdown.

Now, they have come out as a worker at the shop instead yet the restrictions are being lifted.

They had thought it was a virilant strain of the virus,which was new, and pased on the pizza box.Not aeorsal

Bit wouldn’t it be a worse situation that he is working there meaning he will assumingly be touching everything meaning greater exposure and greater chance of spread?

Yet they are lifting restrictions. Doesn’t make sense to me or am I reading it wrong?

No I dont look silly.
They followed the science.......
Good on them.
LOL. They took a huge precautionary step but they did not follow the science. The claims of a magic new strain had no solid backing at all.

I am not sure if you are aware of what your chosen phrase "followed the science" actually means.

In my home state of South Australia, the inevitable has happened and a new wave of Covid-19 seems to be underway.

I am not going to blame the Marshall Liberal Government because he and Professor Nicola Spurrier have done a fine job of all but eradicating Covid-19 from South Australia.

What we are seeing now is as a direct result of Scott Morrison's idiotic and grossly unfair tactic of foisting upon the States the responsibility of quarantining and looking after overseas arrivals. He has effectively transferred what is a Federal responsibility onto the states and today he, with disgraceful effrontery, said he will do everything he can to help SA and then in he says that he still wants state borders open by Christmas! The marketing didn't stop there though; his next statement was "a reminder, even after a lockdown, even after all this time, the virus hasn't gone anywhere" is a complete misrepresentation of the truth. The virus was, for all intents and purposes, eradicated in SA and it has now re-appeared because of Morrison's stupidity in allowing people to fly into Australia from overseas and then dumping them onto the States instead of isolating them in proper facilities, manned by properly trained staff who, when their shift ends, are confined to their facilities, not let out into the community at large.

Morrison has been throwing money around like confetti but can't find any money to bring Christmas Island and the like up to scratch to house and look after the overseas arrivals. The Federal Government has the resources, facilities (after upgrades), well trained and dedicated medical and allied staff to look after these people well away from the big city populations and when they are cleared, they could take their place amongst the greater population but no, we've got these stupid Scotty-from-marketting "Medi-hotels" doted around in our large cities where the cleaners, workers etc finish their shifts and go back to their homes and from where Covid-19 is spread throughout the community if it is inadvertently taken out of the "medi-hotel" by a worker.

Morrison and his grossly inept government have a lot of things to answer for but sadly, this will be another case of Scotty-from-marketting blame shifting exercise and the Mudoch/9News cabal will back him to the hilt.
The flu

No I dont look silly.
They followed the science.......
Good on them.

They followed the science?

Jesus Christ. The ABC and the left-wing has so brainwashed you guys with that well-worn cliche that you now repeat it in any context.

No, locking down the entire state where people could not even step outside in the sun, because of the word of ONE migrant worker, on the basis that this was a NEW, MOST-DEADLY strain of Covid ever seen anywhere...is not following the science mate.

LOL.

Basically every single success has been despite of the Federal Government, not because of them.

I suspect you don’t know what you are talking about which is understandable given the amount of political mileage that’s been made from CVD19. You only need to look at Europe to see how off the mark that comment is.

South Aus will get it under control using the AHPCC model.

The specified triarchic model of tracing, testing and quarantine was specified by AHPCC system is what has worked. Each state was instructed to respond to that in February which they all mostly did. There is only one state that didn’t follow it as it doesn’t have a proper CHO. Vic because they believe they better. Spurrier, Chant, Murphy and Younge are all proper CHO’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So, is there no rule in place stating if one is working at a lockdown hotel then one CANNOT work anywhere else until said crisis has passed ??

Because this country decided to cheap out with security guards.

The problem with Xmas island is that it isn’t big enough to process all the arrivals, even adding Howard springs (the nt one) I thought they can only process a thousand or two every fortnight.
For Australian citizens returning home I think home quarantine is better than hotel as the exposed group knows who they are (difficulty is pick up from airport)
Home quaranine doesnt work Full stop.

There are mining camps laying dormant, one near Biloela that were offered to the Australian Governement.
They can use Derby Airforce Base for Detention as well.

Feds refuse to pay.

I suspect you don’t know what you are talking about which is understandable given the amount of political mileage that’s been made from CVD19. You only need to look at Europe to see how off the mark that comment is.

South Aus will get it under control using the AHPCC model.

The specified triarchic model of tracing, testing and quarantine was specified by AHPCC system is what has worked. Each state was instructed to respond to that in February which they all mostly did. There is only one state that didn’t follow it as it doesn’t have a proper CHO. Vic because they believe they better. Spurrier, Chant, Murphy and Younge are all proper CHO’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The model that was only put in place because the State Governments forced the Federal government into action.

im guessing he was a cashy and didnt want to be busted by the ato

victoria had this issue too

How governments haven't thought of solving this issue by the following astounds me:

Offer a decent full time wage (50-70k), on the condition that it is their only employment. If they are found out to have multiple jobs, termination and fine.

How governments haven't thought of solving this issue by the following astounds me:

Offer a decent full time wage (50-70k), on the condition that it is their only employment. If they are found out to have multiple jobs, termination and fine.

Also here's a shock

Canada changed the rules to stop casuals and contractors working nursing homes and the like, and big shock, the rate of infections dropped.

Meanwhile...

LOL guys. So, SA went in a lockdown over a lie by a pizza shop worker? About where he worked?

Do they have ANY PROOF that the strain was a more virulent strain?

I should claim the win on the next Powerball. I am sure Tatts will believe me without any winning tickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done SA Govt onbeing more incompetent than the VIV Govt.

Holy *. 8 months to pass laws on compulsory rules on quarantining and contact tracing and testing and security work and they never got around to it despite watching what happened in NSW, QLD and VIC.

Their defence to COVID seems to have been the religious equivalent to praying to Jesus for a cure to cancer.

Have no idea why this hasn’t happened. Pay people above and beyond so they are able to work one job/hotel - and be compensated for putting themselves in a risky environment.

I still want to know how the $30 million for 3 months’ work was spent, if guards were being paid $25 an hour (allegedly).

Well done SA Govt onbeing more incompetent than the VIV Govt.

Holy fu**. 8 months to pass laws on compulsory rules on quarantining and contact tracing and testing and security work and they never got around to it despite watching what happened in NSW, QLD and VIC.

Their defence to COVID seems to have been the religious equivalent to praying to Jesus for a cure to cancer.
Really outcomes seem to show that the SA government vastly out performed the incompetent disorganised and deceitful Vic Government, Sa has detected, traced and smashed the second wave in days.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This almost reads like a spoof - "too hard on the SA authorities". No, we don't want leaders to act "decisively" when that decision is actually lacking common sense and lacking any scientific analysis.

No surprises he's an ABC guy - and that moronic tweet retweeted by Malcolm Turnbull too. We are going to stand up to China! says Malcolm..erm..but also, let's take away all the liberties of Australians and then apologise later.

LOL.

This almost reads like a spoof - "too hard on the SA authorities". No, we don't want leaders to act "decisively" when that decision is actually lacking common sense and lacking any scientific analysis.

No surprises he's an ABC guy - and that moronic tweet retweeted by Malcolm Turnbull too. We are going to stand up to China! says Malcolm..erm..but also, let's take away all the liberties of Australians and then apologise later.

LOL.

I agree with Dr Swan....

The sheer fact an individual can work in a ultra high risk environment in hotel quarantine, yet have a job elsewhere leaves all states vulnerable to a 2nd/3rd wave.

Each state/ nation will be either lucky this never blew out again, or we will be having the same discussion over the next 6-12 months.

The sheer fact an individual can work in a ultra high risk environment in hotel quarantine, yet have a job elsewhere leaves all states vulnerable to a 2nd/3rd wave.

Each state/ nation will be either lucky this never blew out again, or we will be having the same discussion over the next 6-12 months.

Im sure heaps broke the rules and had 2nd jobs. On the whole people dont care about others. Only themselves.

I agree with Dr Swan....

What are you agreeing with exactly? All he said there was "need to act decisively". My point was that it was a decisive act which was moronic and lacking in common sense and any scientific rigour.

What are you agreeing with then? That we should always act decisively no matter how stupid or moronic the decision?

What are you agreeing with exactly? All he said there was "need to act decisively". My point was that it was a decisive act which was moronic and lacking in common sense and any scientific rigour.

What are you agreeing with then? That we should always act decisively no matter how stupid or moronic the decision?
That is your opinion on the decision, not mine.
How do you base your decision are you a clinician or have you just developed some knowledge this year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back