bards

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2006
Bunyip
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Blue-Jays, Broncos, Pacers, Everton
Is a disgrace. Stumbled upon this photo on facebook. Im sure Vermont would have been wrapped to have played on this ground and lose and miss the finals.

Kris_South_Croydon.jpg

Is a disgrace. Stumbled upon this photo on facebook. Im sure Vermont would have been wrapped to have played on this ground and lose and miss the finals.

Kris_South_Croydon.jpg

Yeah the ground doesnt look too good but really Vermont have no one to blame but themselves for not making finals, Shoulda won more games during the season simple as that.

I remember the mudpiles grounds are nothing like that up here in QLD, do not miss the mud at all.:thumbsu:

Kris_South_Croydon.jpg
Yeah I drove out to Croydon to watch that game, got there in the 2nd quarter, looked at the ground and left after about 15 minutes.

Ground is in shocking condition but can only blame themselves for not making the finals.
With all the rain we have had it's no real surprise that some grounds are that way though.

Rain or not, theres no excuse. There are ducks on the field during play, there is algae growing in the puddles, the mud is above your ankles in some places, there are sticks and stones interspersed throughout the mud and even the slightest cut gets infected unless you drag yourself off the ground and get it cleaned asap. It is totally unsafe to play on.

The council has been contacted numerous times about it but they insist it's a temporary issue due to recent rains and will resolve itself. That's a load of crap. It clearly needs resurfacing if there is to be any reasonable condition next year and realistically speaking needs new drainage systems as well, but the council simply will not spend the money.

I know for a fact 2 teams have already contacted the EFL and said they will refuse to play on it unless there is a drastic improvement. I'm sure other clubs will be feeling the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back