South East FNL - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hampton Park are struggling. As the demographics change we could well see some clubs disappear. Hills would be a chance to come in, not sure if EDFL clubs would want to transfer.

Always a struggle

Are the rumours true Troy Tharle is about to sign with Hampton in Southern Football League for huge coin
but I hope not as we need him

Season 2016 has already started and it looks like it's going to be one of the best seasons yet. Doveton are off to a 3-0 start, beating Hampton Park on good Friday, taking care of ROC the next week and then winning a thriller yesterday against Narre by 1pt.

Reigning premiers Berwick disposed of Beaconsfield last week, who had Gia running around for them, they started well but the wickers were to good in the end winning by 50pts.

Cranbourne had a training drill in round 1, smashing Hampton Park as Holt kicked 12 goals, looking very strong again this year are the Eagles.

Fev is set to play one game for the doves against Cranbourne on May 28.

Season 2016 has already started and it looks like it's going to be one of the best seasons yet. Doveton are off to a 3-0 start, beating Hampton Park on good Friday, taking care of ROC the next week and then winning a thriller yesterday against Narre by 1pt.

Reigning premiers Berwick disposed of Beaconsfield last week, who had Gia running around for them, they started well but the wickers were to good in the end winning by 50pts.

Cranbourne had a training drill in round 1, smashing Hampton Park as Holt kicked 12 goals, looking very strong again this year are the Eagles.

Fev is set to play one game for the doves against Cranbourne on May 28.

Doves came back to earth today, well beaten by Beacy.
Berwick, untidy despite a big win over Hampton Park.
Narre ground out an impressive win over an inaccurate Tooradin Dalmore.

A sad day with former tooradin/Devon meadows champion Beau Miller passing away this morning from cancer.he leaves behind his wife and 2 kids under 4,so very sad.

A sad day with former tooradin/Devon meadows champion Beau Miller passing away this morning from cancer.he leaves behind his wife and 2 kids under 4,so very sad.

Devastated. I had a bit to do with Beau in 2010-11 when I wrote for the newspaper. Tooradin wasn't traveling that well at the time, but every Sunday he'd always answer the phone or call back and give a really great interview. Other coaches (especially ones with AFL backgrounds...) would ignore me if they lost. When we met at the footy, he'd always be up for a chat. I was thrilled when he won the league medal in 2011.

He was universally respected around the league. Everyone admired his courage and skill and tenacity. I knew he had problems a few years ago, but to hear that he has passed on is really sad.

Devastated. I had a bit to do with Beau in 2010-11 when I wrote for the newspaper. Tooradin wasn't traveling that well at the time, but every Sunday he'd always answer the phone or call back and give a really great interview. Other coaches (especially ones with AFL backgrounds...) would ignore me if they lost. When we met at the footy, he'd always be up for a chat. I was thrilled when he won the league medal in 2011.

He was universally respected around the league. Everyone admired his courage and skill and tenacity. I knew he had problems a few years ago, but to hear that he has passed on is really sad.
Good post,he might of being a champion player but above all he was a champion person with everyone saying the same thing.

Big week. Berwick captain Madi Andrews suspended for 4 weeks and then cleared on appeal. Cranbourne skipper Marc Holt broke his leg last week and will have a plate (rod?) inserted in an effort to return for finals. Looks to be a three horse race with Berwick, Cranbourne and Narre Warren all in with a chance.

First day of finals, not a good one for the magpies, losing all three qualifying finals, Beacy winning the u19's, Cranny the reserves & Berwick surviving a first half scare to get home by 14 points in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First day of finals, not a good one for the magpies, losing all three qualifying finals, Beacy winning the u19's, Cranny the reserves & Berwick surviving a first half scare to get home by 14 points in the seniors.
Straight sets for the Magpies in the 1sts & Ressies. Plenty of soul searching at Fox Road.

Straight sets for the Magpies in the 1sts & Ressies. Plenty of soul searching at Fox Road.

U91's went to extra time too, so it was almost curtains for all 3. Got me stumped how they lost to Beacy after clearly having their measure during the season. As they say, finals are a different ball game.

Yeah in 2014. Absolutely dominated that year and lost both finals.

Two unreal finishes. Scoreboard showing the scores level in the second semi only for the goal umps to indicate it was wrong. Initially gave the point to Narre before changing it to Beacy, then the prelim ending with a free and a 50 to give Cranbourne the lead for pretty much the first time all day. Tough way to bow out.

And to top off a great week for the magpies, their senior runner has been suspended for 4 weeks which takes him over the 16 match threshold and means he'll be de-registered.

Seniors GF: Cranbourne v Berwick (Repeat of last years granny).

Reserves GF: Cranbourne v Berwick

U/19 GF: Beaconsfield v Berwick

Berwick a strong chance at again winning them all, reserves should win comfortably, seniors is 50/50.

Seniors GF: Cranbourne v Berwick (Repeat of last years granny).

Reserves GF: Cranbourne v Berwick

U/19 GF: Beaconsfield v Berwick

Berwick a strong chance at again winning them all, reserves should win comfortably, seniors is 50/50.

U19's will need to play a lot better than two weeks ago. Ressies would be pretty hot favourites. Seniors, 50/50, if anything Cranbourne slight favourites, a couple of Berwick boys under an injury cloud. Be interesting to see if Holt plays.

Is there a live video stream? I assume tangles is doing the radio.

No live stream, you can pre-buy a dvd! Radio, Casey radio (97.7FM) will be live from 12:30.

Big day again at Officer, who did a great job hosting the Grand Finals.

U19's was a thrilling game. Beacy jumping out to an early lead against the wind, Berwick slowly pegging them back. A goal with less than a minute to play saw scores level as the siren sounded. Extra time! The first 5 minute period was an arm wrestle with only 3 points scored. A goal mid way through the second settled the match with Berwick winning by 5 points. Hard luck for the Beacy boys who'd led almost all day.

Reserves was the upset of the day. Kicking with the aid of a strong breeze, the Wicks were ahead by 28 points at qtr time. It looked a forgone conclusion, however the Eagles had other ideas. They'd almost evened the scores by half time, and then a brilliant 3rd qtr saw them outscore Berwick, taking a lead into 3/4 time, coming home with the wind. They outplayed Berwick again in the 4th, to run out winners by 16 point and inflict the only defeat for the year for the boys from Edwin Flack.

The Seniors was almost an anti climax. A strong opening quarter into the win saw the Eagles lead by 17 points at qtr time. The Eagles dominated the stoppages with ruckman Michael Boland giving silver service to his onballers. The second quarter saw Berwick up their intensity but they could not put any scoreboard pressure on, kicking 4 behinds for the quarter, Cranbourne using the wind to good effect, kicking a further four goals, including one end to end effort, that took two kicks to traverse the length of the ground and score. 39 points the margin at the main break, the match looked to be all but over.

The third quarter saw the Wicks determined to make a game of it, their running game finally clicking into gear after an early goal to Roscoe. Weekes was everywhere up forward, slotting 3 for the term, a goal from 50 out after the siren by co-captian Mick Harold cut the margin to 9 points. The scene was set. Could Cranbourne hold on? Would Berwick's fitness tell? An early goal to the Eagles settled their nerves before a long period of back and forth ensued. With the margin still within 3 straight kicks, Ryan Davey settled the match with two goals in a minute, the second a ripper, streaming out of the middle and kicking truly from 50 out. Davey was the clear standout best on ground, his work around the packs a major contributor to the Eagles win. Finally, the run of 4 losing Grand Finals was broken.

Netball saw Narre Warren sweep the senior grades, winning all four deciders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back