South East FNL - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they go the divisional road, would hate to see HP go.

The weekend's games all went the way of the favorites. TD tried all day against Berwick but were never in the hunt (bumped into Sheed's whilst there!)
Beacy thumped Officer to jump into third. Narre had a tight battle with the Doves all day before pulling away in the last (4? players sent off, be interesting to see what comes of that) and Cranny comfortably accounting for the Lions. HP with the bye.

There were actually 6 yellow cards in the NW vs Doves game throughout the day. 1 for each team in the first half and another 2 each late in the game.

I believe the only report was for one of the Doves players in the first half, where he was reported by the goal umpire for striking early in the first quarter but wasn't sent off until the start of the second quarter after the goal umpire told the field umpire at the first break - strange situation.

The 4 cards late in the game was unfortunately not a great look for the doves after they started a couple of melee's once NW kicked well ahead and the game was over. They had been so competitive all day with a very young side due to injuries so to finish the game like that was disappointing

Both Nepean and Peninsula football leagues have rejected AFL South East’s proposal to run divisional football in 2018.

Will have huge ramifications for the Redbacks. Can't see them lasting in the SEFNL as things stand. They've conceded 39 and 33 goals the last two weeks whilst managing 1 on each occasion. With Doveton, Narre & Cranbourne over the next 3 weeks it's not going to get any better.

Round 11 saw Doveton account for Pakenham by 5 goals, Berwick firm as flag favourites after downing Cranbourne at Casey Fields by 48 points. Narre scraped home by 7 points against Officer and Beacy flogged the hapless Redbacks by 217 points.

Where would HP go? The Southern league? West Gippy? That might not be tenable.

The clubs in the SE league have historically been in different leagues and areas and for they just can't seem to get the right mix. I like the idea of the premier league with all the top MP clubs, but that's really difficult with travel and therefore finances. There's a massive gap between the big clubs like Cranbourne, Pakenham, Narre, Berwick and Beaconsfield. Beacy's only small really, but they have a great club with lots of support and strong juniors. But the others really struggle, year to year, and that's sad to see. Unless a smaller club like Doveton or Tooradin or whoever has cash to burn, they simply can't compete. The league has already lost Keysborough and Devon Meadows and it looks like HP is gone too.

The clubs in the SE league have historically been in different leagues and areas and for they just can't seem to get the right mix. I like the idea of the premier league with all the top MP clubs, but that's really difficult with travel and therefore finances. There's a massive gap between the big clubs like Cranbourne, Pakenham, Narre, Berwick and Beaconsfield. Beacy's only small really, but they have a great club with lots of support and strong juniors. But the others really struggle, year to year, and that's sad to see. Unless a smaller club like Doveton or Tooradin or whoever has cash to burn, they simply can't compete. The league has already lost Keysborough and Devon Meadows and it looks like HP is gone too.

If I had to guess I'd say the southern. Yeah, it's been frustrating as there doesn't seem to be an easy solution. The N & P league clubs agreed to the proposal when it was being floated but then voted against it. Travel is a huge issue - who's want tp travel t/from rosebud to Paky? Dunno what the solution is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back