South Fremantle Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the way we wanted the season to finish yesterday but we got a result tonight. Schloithe has won the Sandover by 7 votes ahead of Kelly.

21463267_1688493974508087_3710929582546878824_n.jpg

Not the way we wanted the season to finish yesterday but we got a result tonight. Schloithe has won the Sandover by 7 votes ahead of Kelly.

21463267_1688493974508087_3710929582546878824_n.jpg

Well done lads good year all round shame not to be in grand final.

The South Cairns Australian Football & Sporting Club Inc, seek the interest of a senior men's grade coach for the 2018 AFL Cairns football season.

The ideal candidate for this role will bring the following skill sets:
· Previous Senior coaching experience is essential.
· Have established networks and the ability to recruit players.
· Develop a game plan for the 2018 season to suit playing resources.
· A strong commitment to grow, develop, mentor and teach players of all abilities.
· An ability to mould the professionalism of the football department and support structure.
· A positive and welcoming attitude.
· Strong communication skills both on and off the field.
· The ability to embrace the clubs community values and expectations.
· The ability to engage with the club’s members, sponsors and the media.
· Have a positive attitude and good organisational skills.

Resume / expression of interest to be forwarded to scafsc@outlook.com by 30th October 2017. President, Peter Kennedy 0413528791

South struggling and lacking energy in the prelim after beating West Perth in the qualifying final two weeks ago by 100 odd points. Goes to show the difference mentality makes.

Poor kicking aside, this game was lost with the spineless effort in the first half. The game for all intent purposes was over at half time, so many poor efforts and lack of desire when it mattered the most, the first half was a disgusting performance from a team who a had a spot in the GF up for grabs

Can you guys give us an appraisal of what to expect from Marlion Pickett please?
Cheers 🍻

Quick and skillful with a huge leap. He has also taken some of the ruck work on occasion due to his leaping ability. He has played primarily as a halfback so I would expect to see him there in the AFL.

I thought Sth Fremantle fans may be interested in listening to my interview with Colin Beard I conducted this month.
He played 168 games, but also had to step out of football for 18 months before he could get a clearance to Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been working on my family tree and have been given boxes of old photos, old interviews of now deceased relatives and original documents. I‘m now researching my great grandmother’s brother and the story is that he either played for East Fremantle or South Fremantle around 1900, give or take a year or two. I think I’ve found a newspaper article naming him in a junior Fremantle team but it’s not clear as they only used the first initial of his first name. Does anyone know if either of those clubs kept records of past players that far back?

The 1997 Grand Final is finally up on YouTube!!!

If you are on here Dan from Australia, you Sir are a dead set legend!

David Hart, David Hynes, Peter Sumich, Peter Worsfold and Jon Dorotich the old warhorses in the side

Then young guns in Clem Michael, Dean Rioli, Jess Sinclair and Heath Black

Brad Bootsma kicking a goal on a broken ankle

But the best bit was coming from 26 points down in the last quarter, capped off by a Warren Campbell goal from a dumb 50 metre penalty from Spalding to win the game and spoil their centenary celebrations.

Good times

Not really old enough to remember it but whenever anyone mentions it, my dad always talks about his experience at the game. He was in a corporate box with his work and was the only Sowfs supporter with rest all being Moss Street w***ers. He says they were all lippy throughout the game and then once the final siren went, they were all gone quick smart before he could really give it back to them.

Not really old enough to remember it but whenever anyone mentions it, my dad always talks about his experience at the game. He was in a corporate box with his work and was the only Sowfs supporter with rest all being Moss Street w***ers. He says they were all lippy throughout the game and then once the final siren went, they were all gone quick smart before he could really give it back to them.
I went with a couple of other long-time Souths fans, and a guy from Switzerland for whom this was his first game of footy. I shouted myself hoarse in the last quarter, rushed the ground at the end of the game & got back to the clubrooms at Freo Oval that night. Best. Day. Ever.

Tonga Bob, how did the Swiss fella enjoy the game?
Given the Swiss flag is red and white, I daresay he was supporting South.

Tonga Bob, how did the Swiss fella enjoy the game?
Given the Swiss flag is red and white, I daresay he was supporting South.
yeah we converted him. he was equal parts excited and confused by the whole affair

HaHaHa yep. Me and my son had our faces painted red and white, I got bailed up by a rabid Sharks supporter at 3/4 time. A real w***er he was, being overly aggressive . As soon as the final siren sounded i was of looking for him.. couldnt see him for dust. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back