South Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh my god...EIGHTH!!! The sky's the limit for the mighty South Launceston Bulldogs...or more accurately, 6-12......but I'll be happy with 3-15 as long as Hobart and Devonport don't win another game...:thumbsu:

Oh my god...EIGHTH!!! The sky's the limit for the mighty South Launceston Bulldogs...or more accurately, 6-12......but I'll be happy with 3-15 as long as Hobart and Devonport don't win another game...:thumbsu:

Hobart still in shock that they got beaten by St Launny, good on St Launny for taking their chances when they are presented unlike Hobart whom have just missed out on 4 or 5 games by around a goal, could have had 6 wins but obviously do not, maybe we'll topple the roos at Bellerive this weekend and put the cats amongst the pigeons:)

Query:

Was wondering what has happened to Cody Thorpe. Heard he broke his hand which obviously put a stop to any chance of being drafted for 2011. Saw him named for South Launceston last game. How did he fare.

What our your thoughts on him being drafted if he has a injury free 2012.:thumbsu:

Most of their team are born 1990 or later. If they can keep the young players they've got together, then they should improve. But a lot of that might come down to the AFL draft and whether Dylan Riley, Michael Musicka or John McKenzie get drafted.

Throw in players like Jay Blackberry who is deadly by foot, Braden McGee whose been kicking goals regularly in the last 6-8 weeks, Jobi Harper who was a good tall prospect with the Mariners this year, Tom Larby who is only about 20 yr old ruck/forward who looks to have improved by the week, Chris Taylor has been fairly disciplined down back, and Daniel Johncock whose had a good season.

Viney still has some good footy in him and Mich Thorp give them some experience.

Here here JS Would love to know why they gave Thorpe the job Don't tell me Thorpe threatened to leave if he didn't get the job. This is the worst appoinment in the history of the club.

Thorpe Coach. Could of given it to someone that can actually play football and cared more about a team than himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3-2...South's second best ever start to a statewide season, only behind the 4-1 they managed in 1994...which I believe ended up with 2-3 more wins for the rest of the season and Dale Weightman giving up the CC job in disgust...1992 was 3-3 after 6 rounds, so we'll equal that no matter what (and we already know what!) happens against Clarence next week...1992 was our best ever season, with 8 wins...

God, I'm so easily pleased...:thumbsu:

3-2...South's second best ever start to a statewide season, only behind the 4-1 they managed in 1994...which I believe ended up with 2-3 more wins for the rest of the season and Dale Weightman giving up the CC job in disgust...1992 was 3-3 after 6 rounds, so we'll equal that no matter what (and we already know what!) happens against Clarence next week...1992 was our best ever season, with 8 wins...

God, I'm so easily pleased...:thumbsu:

Solid start for South Launceston and credit to Mitch Thorpe as he is obviously doing something right with his young team.

Next week will really show how far they have come.

Solid start for South Launceston and credit to Mitch Thorpe as he is obviously doing something right with his young team.

Next week will really show how far they have come.

That's exactly right, big big test this week against the Roos!

How's big Bart McCulloch going this year? We don't hear too much down south about the Northern sides!

Wonder if someone could enlighten me on the finance issues of this club? Heard some whispers of un paid tax of $150 000?

Apparently AFL Tas may have to intervene this week? Anyone heard anything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back