South Park - season 15 *spoiler*

Remove this Banner Ad

I was not expecting the episode to end in that way at all. I really hope this isn't the end, has anyone trolled the internet for news on it?

I'm constantly trolling the internet....

This article, published in March is interesting.

He won’t have long to do so. A week after they leave New York around March 28, the pair hurtles into the 15th season of South Park, part of a new pact with Comedy Central that keeps the show on the air through 2013 and is said to be even richer than their previous $75 million deal. They’ll have just one week to create each episode, with no time to prep.
“Every show, we’re down to the wire,” says Parker, running his hand through his hair in exasperation. “I don’t know how we’re going to do it. It’s a nightmare.”

So, contractually, it would appear they have to keep the show running.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the mid-season finale was a precursor to the end or set things in motion to end this season. I think that with some of the episodes this season, it became quite clear that the creators are burnt out and I'd rather they end it with 7 good episodes, with the finish clear in sight than try and carry on for a couple more seasons with the show drifting to s**t - that's what the Simpsons have been doing for the last decade.

Although, knowing them, it also wouldn't be at all surprising for the next part of the season to begin with no reference to this at all and for SP to continue as we know it until 2013.

Strugling to grasp what they are saying. Probably because at first I thought they were going to make Stan extreme hipster douchebag who hates everything.

I hope if they were telling us it's the end then they actually end it properly.

Yet again South Park outwrites anything else on TV, just hate the people who have never given it a chance.

****ing classic episode. I laughed most at tween music-loving Randy, Stan getting diagnosed with being a cynical arsehole and the shitty movie trailers.

Sad ep at the end of the day.

It's interesting to see the notions people are getting from the episode and whether this is Matt and Trey saying they're done...or whether they're talking about the general watcher and maybe because they're getting older they now see what is much the same show as s**t, when in reality it's the same thing it's always been.

I really don't want it to end, but it has also been 15 seasons and that's a ****en huge amount of time from Matt and Trey to put in and maybe they are truly coming to the end of their creative tether.

It's interesting to see the notions people are getting from the episode and whether this is Matt and Trey saying they're done...or whether they're talking about the general watcher and maybe because they're getting older they now see what is much the same show as s**t, when in reality it's the same thing it's always been.

I don't think it's stayed the same through all 15 seasons. Randy is more a central character rather than a peripheral character now. They've lost some characters such as Chef and they've stopped some things such as the "I've learned something today" preachy bit at the end of each episode. Haven't they gone more into social commentary as well?

I don't think it's stayed the same through all 15 seasons. Randy is more a central character rather than a peripheral character now. They've lost some characters such as Chef and they've stopped some things such as the "I've learned something today" preachy bit at the end of each episode. Haven't they gone more into social commentary as well?
Somewhat, but I think their base core for the majority of jokes comes from a similar well.

I mean sure the show has evolved, but it's still got a lot of the same base mechanics for jokes when you go back and look at previous seasons.

Which is sort of what I took with the music stuff. To older people it seems like s**t, when in reality it's just s**t because you haven't grown up to like that specific stuff (or you just outgrow that specific music - comedy). I think at the origins of it, music is somewhat the same as it's ever been (probably opening myself up to plenty of criticism from people with better music knowledge).

South Park has gotten infinitely better as the years have gone on, less outright crude, more satire mixed in

Yeah, the earliest episodes seem to have that shock value that would have attracted viewers initially, but the satire and social commentary is better nowadays. It still has its down moments (I didn't think there was a need for the recent Coon trilogy - they covered Superhero movies adequately in the first installment), but they take the piss out of movies, fads and stuff like NASCAR very well.

My favourite part in the recent episode: 'It's Jim Carrey in "Whatever, you'll pay to go see it. **** you."' :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind of dissapointing to me, the Cartman story was funny and the line after Kyle discovered out what was happening was hilairious, easily the funniest moment of the episode.

I just think that the show had a real chance to start fresh and have a different direction after going stale the last 2 or so seasons.

I will still watch it every week because it is my favourite show and haven't missed an episode since it started, but I feel a little dissapointed that they may have missed an opportunity to take a new direction with some of the characters.

I think there's enough there in that last scene to suggest that the events of the last couple of episodes will still have some impact. Hopefully there's some sort of arc, even if it's in the background, over the remainder of the season that builds off this.

Did anyone else see the doco-esque special? Detailed the behind the scenes magic and what it takes to create an episode in 6 days from start to finish, worth seeing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back