dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
I can't believe we have pages and pages of posts on Beauty and the Geek and not one post yet on South Park.

The second half of season 15 returned last week so thought I would give a review on both episodes released so far..

Episode 8 - Assburgers

Was disappointed with this episode TBH. To me it seemed like the whole ep was a message from Stone & Parker about being tired and sick of the same s**t.. I did love the Cartman storyline, with the 'secret final recipe'. But overall too much wank for me when I usually like a strong first episode to get everyone pumped.

Rating 7/10

Episode 9 - The Last of the Meheecans

Back to their best. I laughed throughout the entire episode and enjoyed the irony of Americans wanting Mexicans back into the country. One of the great lines was the Obama joke hinting at the poor running of the country leaving such bad conditions that Mexicans would move back.. I burst out laughing when Butters got hit by the car too with the line 'OMG look out its a Mexican'

Really great episode and brought the series back to its high standards

Rating 9/10

Dude, there is an animation sub forum.

I'm guessing South Park threads are in there. :thumbsu:

But I love the show too. BUTTERS singing "lululu" is my ringtone. :D:eek:

Haha sorry I thought Bigfooty was going mad for a second there! South Park is definitely must watch every week! Mods feel free to delete if necessary

Man, why is this thread not more active?! The latest season has been insanely good.
this season and last season have been insanely good IMO. love the way they are linking up the episodes now like a proper TV series rather than random episodes each week

Perhaps it's not as popular because it offends a great many peoples ideologies.

There's plenty of right and left wing people on BF so a show like SP which takes aim at both sides with a bazooka won't be their cup of tea because it's a mirror being held up in front of themselves and their ideologies.

this season and last season have been insanely good IMO. love the way they are linking up the episodes now like a proper TV series rather than random episodes each week
They'd be close to their best seasons ever. The continuing stories have really added another level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps it's not as popular because it offends a great many peoples ideologies.

There's plenty of right and left wing people on BF so a show like SP which takes aim at both sides with a bazooka won't be their cup of tea because it's a mirror being held up in front of themselves and their ideologies.

Partly that and partly the poop jokes
Its Good at weeding out the trash though

Was never a huge fan in 90's
This today is something else and way better
Yeah I went off it for a long time, never really saw the appeal when I was in school. Only got back into it a year or two ago and was amazed at how good it's gotten.

The episode "Sponsored Content" is the best episode of the season. PC bros get absolutely destroyed.
The Yelp episode is great too, especially the ending.
The SoDoSoPa and CtPa Town episode was crap.
The other episodes were all pretty good. The safe space one had potential to be legendary but they didn't really do anything with it. The Tweak and Craig one was funny in a weird way.

My favourite line from the series so far (Sponsored Content):
Sharon: All I know is that you've changed. Every since you joined this PC thing you just bully people. And wait for people to say anything improper so you can jump down their throats for whatever words he or she used
Randy: He or she is an agenderphobic micro-aggression Sharon. You are a bigot

I'm surprised at the amount of people who think South Park is still good. I reckon season 11 was the last truly good season.
Have you watched it at all recently? It's still quite good especially considering they write it six days prior to it airing. Even at its worst, it's still more entertaining than a lot of shows.

Have you watched it at all recently? It's still quite good especially considering they write it six days prior to it airing. Even at its worst, it's still more entertaining than a lot of shows.
With the way the current season is, they must have dialled back on the six day thing a bit

Yes, I've never stopped watching it.

I'm just a bit disappointed that I can go whole episodes without even a smile these days.