FTA-TV South Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of my favourite eps were the tourettes one, baseball (the losing edge), the ninja one and of course the LOTR and world of Warcraft classics - The Game of Thrones one wasn’t as good as those but even this many years on I’m still waiting for the next book!

View attachment 1081413
Imaginationland was brilliant too. Never thought I'd see santa attacked by a suicide bomber

Hadn't watched South Park in ages until I saw the Pandemic Special a few weeks back... just finished watching the Return of Covid and I loved it, though it was sad what happened to Cartman after he sacrificed everything he had in order to save the future. Some fans on social media thought it was based on the Cartmanland principle, where Cartman has to lose in order for Kyle to be happy... I guess Cartman becoming an Orthodox rabbi was a clear sign that they were in a dystopia, along with Jimmy only doing woke comedy and the over the top reaction to the new Covid variant. Loved Butters' turn as a NFT salesman along with the two Alexas, and the way the boys' friendship was restored at the end.

S25 has been.... bad. As soon as i heard putin in the recent ep I was pumped. Was awful

Not their best episode but had its moments. As a child of the 80's I liked the pop culture references like Mackey dancing to Wang Chung. And they're probably right about one thing: Putin wants to invade and conquer because he's impotent, m'kay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Park: Joining the Panderverse is an new special. Cartman gets transported into an alternate universe that is entirely populated by racially diverse women who complain about the patriarchy. There's a subplot about technology and AI leading to people 'not being able to do s**t any more.'

They are having a crack at Disney's tokenistic diversity pandering. Kathleen Kennedy, in particular, comes under fire for her practice of shoehorning diverse women into the company's productions - resulting in repeated failure at the box office. Normally this sort of criticism is confined to social media rather than people in the industry. They also shine a light on the toxic fan backlash against the pandering, and the use of multiverses as a lazy plot device.

Parker and Stone get their point across while being pretty damn funny.

That's the joke they're making; the line between satire and reality has become blurred.

They are satirising stupid stuff in society and media, just like they always have. There's no meta joke about blurring lines between satire and the shite Disney+ have been producing recently.

They are satirising stupid stuff in society and media, just like they always have. There's no meta joke about blurring lines between satire and the shite Disney+ have been producing recently.

Comprehension in this thread is severely lacking, I'm referring to the poster not Parker and Stone. 😅

Ry just didn't directly quote them.

Comprehension in this thread is severely lacking, I'm referring to the poster not Parker and Stone. 😅

Ry just didn't directly quote them.

Haha yeah I effed up. Long week at work!

PT is bang on.

Rewatching some old shows. Season 2 is a bit patchy but Tweekers coffee and the underpants gnomes is a good one.

I still trot out the underpants gnome's business plan at work occasionally:
  1. Do something simple and / or achievable
  2. Do something else simple and / or achievable
  3. ???????
  4. Profit / Success!
Pretty sure I'm the only one that gets it.

I also told someone from HR that their fascination with annual goal setting is just underpants gnome thinking. Pretty sure they didn't understand either, because I got the "company policy states..." reply. 🤣