South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleraine roumered to have Gareth Egan and Josh Vickery returning to add to several recruits already from Western Border clubs so would have to start favourites at this stage. Westerns have recruited some handy players and my sources tell me some more signings from Portland and Heywood soon. Former Darras full forward Dean Mitchell will be a good target and should kick plenty of goals. Tyrendarra already signed 15 new recruits , a mixture of some senior and some kids just out of under 16,s. Really looking forward to seeing a new look Tyrendarra team. Big news at Branxholme with Lenny Cooper bringing quite a few boys from Heywood so if they get cleared B/W will be the big improvers. Heathmere picking up Heywood boys too. Not much news from the others. Heywood have released a statement that no player will be cleared untill they meet with Keegs so we wait and see where we all stand. I remain hopeful that Heywood FC remain successful and viable in the Western Border comp but their situation does not look great.

Coleraine will be the team too beat, going for what 5 flags in a row?

Depending on what happens with the Heywood players they could have a fair bit of competition though.

Thats a great insight De Iulio 34, seems like there's plenty of movement around the district.
I wonder if all the clearances out of Heywood are a result of last years actions?

Sounds to me like they could struggle again this year if something doesn't happen soon.
Any news from Heathmere, Sandford or Cavendish?

I heard that Heathmere were going too be one of the few clubs to gain some players from Heywood. All depending on clearances of course.

Not sure if Keegan has changed their minds. I have noticed a few have been denied only to put in another clearance.

I didn't think you were allowed to deny clearances unless the player was under contract or owed the club money/property. I hope Heywood aren't bending the rules and if they are I hope the league is taking measures to ensure this doesn't continue. I hope Heywood can make a go of it this year. If they don't I'd imagine all the vic clubs will once again start to look elsewhere. What happens to our side of the border if the league does fold? 2 tier MSE?

looks about half out of Heywood going to Heathmere, and half to Branxholme, I know anyone leaving Heywood would probably hurt their chances of success, but does anyone know if there's and talent leaving Heywood for these two clubs?

Heathmere recruit Ben Dunn will be a very good player in the South West. Branxholme /Wallacedale recruits the Saunders brothers and Troy Lovett all big inclusions too. Heywood sticking to it,s guns and will refuse all clearances out untill new coach Keegan meets with said players , but have been slow to organise any meetings so far. Things will no doubt get interesting when clubs submit 2 or more clearances and if those are refused the appeals tribunual will be busy. Interesting Coleraine have a clearance out from S/W team of the year player Josh Ferguson and Cavendish John Manson , also in the team of the year in 2010. Dartmoor picking up the President,s twin nephews in the Polaski boys but still no news from Sandford other than Kym Eagleson finally playing at South Warrnambool where he lives

Heathmere recruit Ben Dunn will be a very good player in the South West. Branxholme /Wallacedale recruits the Saunders brothers and Troy Lovett all big inclusions too. Heywood sticking to it,s guns and will refuse all clearances out untill new coach Keegan meets with said players , but have been slow to organise any meetings so far. Things will no doubt get interesting when clubs submit 2 or more clearances and if those are refused the appeals tribunual will be busy. Interesting Coleraine have a clearance out from S/W team of the year player Josh Ferguson and Cavendish John Manson , also in the team of the year in 2010. Dartmoor picking up the President,s twin nephews in the Polaski boys but still no news from Sandford other than Kym Eagleson finally playing at South Warrnambool where he lives

Sounds very much like Heywood ;)

That wouldn't leave Sandford with much would it?

Sorry thats Luke Ferguson leaving Coleraine , not Josh. My mistake. Big in today is that former Coleraine premiership ruckman and 2009 league best and fairest Zac McDonald looks set to return to the Maroons. Also Steve O,Brien returning to Westerns from Portland. Great numbers at Tyrendarra training tonight. If the Darras continue to keep signing these new players the South West top 3 will be the same as the last few years. Still no news from Sandford 1090 but not similar to Heywoods dilema. Eddie McGrath is Sandfords new President and is a great fellow and will do all he can to keep things ticking along but I don,t hear much about Sandford down here on the coast. Stay tuned as they have their finger on the Mid South East league and generally attract a few players every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reports of 30+ numbers at a rainy Branxholme training last night, new players still turning up...
Has Charlie Woodford been training at Tyrendarra lately? thought he woulda stuck round heywood a lil longer, on debuting for the ones last year and playin about 3 games....

1090 , Charlie has hardly missed a training in the last 3 weeks. Great to hear that numbers are great at Brannxholme but I notice my mate Lenny Cooper has had his clearance refused from Hamilton. Also good to see Simon Lipscombe to return to Dartmoor this year after shifting to Portland for work. He never played a game for Tyrendarra but is one of the most popular players in the league , a really nice guy. Tyrendarras Tye O,Connell will play for Beaufort in 2011 as he attends Ballarat Uni.

reports of 30+ numbers at a rainy Branxholme training last night, new players still turning up...
Has Charlie Woodford been training at Tyrendarra lately? thought he woulda stuck round heywood a lil longer, on debuting for the ones last year and playin about 3 games....

I think he must seeing he has a clearance in from Heywood to the Darras, but the first one was denied, probably to do with Keegan wanting to speak to all the players before they are cleared. With all the numbers at the Darras as there appears to be, it will be interesting to see how many miss out on a game come round one!

Yeah I see Lenny got denied, but I don't see why tho. Possibly just a minor set-back, either-way hope he get's what he wants.
Good news from most clubs, any gettin in an early practice match or anything comin up?

Yeah good to see most clubs getting some recruits in. Especially good to see Branx with a few new players, should be the big improvers.

Bit queit on the Sanford & Cavendish fronts though.

Not sure why the SWDFNL doesnt have a pre season cup, like hte WBFL or the MSE does.

South West League released a new amended draw last week as the proposed interleague game against the mid south east league will not go ahead again. Also round 8 and 9 were changed around to suit both the northern and southern clubs with home game claches with Western Border neighbors

South West League released a new amended draw last week as the proposed interleague game against the mid south east league will not go ahead again. Also round 8 and 9 were changed around to suit both the northern and southern clubs with home game claches with Western Border neighbors

Thanks for that De Iulio. Just went to the website to check that out. Would of been a tad embarrassing if I had turned up at the wrong ground during one of those rounds :p

Yeah I see Lenny got denied, but I don't see why tho. Possibly just a minor set-back, either-way hope he get's what he wants.
Good news from most clubs, any gettin in an early practice match or anything comin up?

Westerns are playing Natimuk on March 19 - I think they may be playing at Heywood due to the cricket pitch at Alexandra Park not being covered yet.

Tyrendarra have an intra-club practice match this Friday evening at Flinders Park in Portland. We will be playing Russell,s Creek at Tyrendarra mid March and Nirranda could be over at some stage subject to confirmation by their new coaches. We had a great 6 quarter hit out against them under lights at Nirranda last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back