South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok something that should be discussed over a beer following a hard season about the bests in the league-

Most skilful-
Freaky ability-
Long kick to a target-
Short kick to a target-
Opposite foot-
Goal kicking-
Close goal kicking-
Long goal kicking-
Goal kicking in the wet-
Goal kicking when windy-
Snap goal kicking-
Handball ball general-
Handball from inside a pack-
Free up teammate handball-
Mark-
Overhead mark-
Pack mark-
Mark on a lead-
One on one mark-
Speccie-
Best tap ruckman-
Fastest runner-
Biggest tank (endurance)-
Best tagger-
Best tackler-
Best spoiler in a pack-
Best spoiler on the lead-
Dirtiest player-
Toughest-
Strongest-
weakest-

Biggest waist of talent-

I look forward to some replies.

Great effort in nearly picking team of the year backinmyday. Only glaring omission in my opinion was Joel Dwyer especially after finishing quite high in the count.
Ill have a go at a few of your categories:
Most skilful-jase walker
Freakish-jase McRae/Erik Stewart/Reece cracknell
Goal kicking-John bell
Free up team mate handball-Simon bampfield
One on one mark-mick Wilson
Overhead mark-Tom polkinghorne
Biggest tank-Joel Dwyer
Tagger-brad rhook
Tap ruckman-Zac McDonald
Opposite foot-Eric Guthrie
Dirtiest player-Troy Duncan
Short kicking-Luke Evans

There's a few to get the ball rolling

anyone have anything at all on southwest footy.anything ??????
Problem is this forum is hidden under Western Border league....and most people wouldn't look there as they are a separate league.....How do we get a forum under Regional Footy Victoria
News - Sandford is no longer in the league...joined with Casterton being the only Western Border team from Victoria
Dartmoor are no longer the swans now the Giants due to GWS recruit Jeremy Cameron starting his footy career there.....New name....new colours

Player movements
So far:
8 players have submitted clearances to play with Tyrendarra
8 players have submitted clearances to play with Dartmoor
2 players have submitted clearances to play with Heywood

3 players have submitted clearances to leave Westerns
3 players have submitted clearances to leave Tyrendarra
2 players have submitted clearances to leave Cavendish
2 players have submitted clearances to leave Heathmere
1 player has submitted clearance to leave Heywood
1 player has submitted clearance to leave Coleraine
1 player has submitted clearance to leave Dartmoor

Coaches in 2014
Cavendish - Brad White
Heathmere - Tim Annett

Problem is this forum is hidden under Western Border league....and most people wouldn't look there as they are a separate league.....How do we get a forum under Regional Footy Victoria
News - Sandford is no longer in the league...joined with Casterton being the only Western Border team from Victoria
Dartmoor are no longer the swans now the Giants due to GWS recruit Jeremy Cameron starting his footy career there.....New name....new colours

Player movements
So far:
8 players have submitted clearances to play with Tyrendarra
8 players have submitted clearances to play with Dartmoor
2 players have submitted clearances to play with Heywood

3 players have submitted clearances to leave Westerns
3 players have submitted clearances to leave Tyrendarra
2 players have submitted clearances to leave Cavendish
2 players have submitted clearances to leave Heathmere
1 player has submitted clearance to leave Heywood
1 player has submitted clearance to leave Coleraine
1 player has submitted clearance to leave Dartmoor

Coaches in 2014
Cavendish - Brad White
Heathmere - Tim Annett

I think someone needs to reply to my post for it to become a discussion, altough I'm not too sure..
But like I said earlier I've tried to get a SWDFL discussion out from under the WB page.
Check it our here:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/south-west-dfnl.1051965/

Club supported: Heywood
Head coach: Jason Saunders
Assistant coach: ?
3 key pickups: Joel Carter (WB medalist), maybe some juniors coming through..??
3 key departures: Tom Gorey, Peter Roberts, ??
Preseason trackstar: Clint Foster
Preseason up'n'comer: Jamaine Jones
Preseason veteran comeback: ?

League Predictions
2014 Premiers: Heywood
2014 Wooden Spooners: Branxholme
2014 League Medal: Joel Carter
2014 Leading Goal Kicker: Tim Annett
2014 Coach of the year: ?
2014 Under 21 Player of the Year: ?
2014 defender: Leigh Malseed
2014 inside/outside mid: ?
2014 ruck/utility: Is Rob Bluemink still around?

League Predictions
2014 Premiers: Dartmoor
2014 Wooden Spooners: heathmere
2014 League Medal: Sam Bouwmam if he plays the whole year.
2014 Leading Goal Kicker: Jason McRae
2014 Coach of the year: cavendish coach, not sure on his name. Has them playing great footy early.
2014 Under 21 Player of the Year: jock grimshaw
2014 defender: the veteran Craig tosseti
2014 inside/outside mid: inside: Steve obrien outside: Sam Bouwmam
2014 utility: Simon jones

For me Dartmoor the team to best this year, very very solid all over the park, they have a genuine gun in Sam Bouwman.
Heywood and coleraine to be right up there with them, good win from heywood on the weekend considering their injury list.

League Predictions
2014 Premiers: Dartmoor
2014 Wooden Spooners: heathmere
2014 League Medal: Sam Bouwmam if he plays the whole year.
2014 Leading Goal Kicker: Jason McRae
2014 Coach of the year: cavendish coach, not sure on his name. Has them playing great footy early.
2014 Under 21 Player of the Year: jock grimshaw
2014 defender: the veteran Craig tosseti
2014 inside/outside mid: inside: Steve obrien outside: Sam Bouwmam
2014 utility: Simon jones

For me Dartmoor the team to best this year, very very solid all over the park, they have a genuine gun in Sam Bouwman.
Heywood and coleraine to be right up there with them, good win from heywood on the weekend considering their injury list.
Nice to see someone still checking up on this page.
Great predictions there Shaun, totally agree with Dartmoor looking very sharp from the results so far, will be glad to see a closer competition this season hopefully. Any news out of the Darra's? Looked to do ok from a recruiting POV..

Nice to see someone still checking up on this page.
Great predictions there Shaun, totally agree with Dartmoor looking very sharp from the results so far, will be glad to see a closer competition this season hopefully. Any news out of the Darra's? Looked to do ok from a recruiting POV..
Yeh darras have done well on the recruiting front with tim Chester, Tom Cain and a number of younger fellas including jock grimshaw who looks to be a very very good player.
They did lose a few Important players as well however.
Results on the weekend again suggest Dartmoor the front runners, a huge win over a talented cavendish side.
Will be very interesting to see how they fare against coleraine and heywood.
Westerns grabbed a great win over coleraine and likewise branxholme over heathmere. Should be another great weekend of footy coming up with tyrendarra the only team you'd be willing to confidently back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody watch Heywood v Dartmoor?
Tip's for this weekend:
Darra's by 3pts over Westerns
Cav 25 pts over Branx
Heywood by 50 over Heath
Darty by 12 over Col

Some huge matches this weekend in the south west.
Massive game for both darras and cavendish at tyrendarra. Sounds as though they have a few injuries and I'm going to back the bloods to knock them off.
Should be a good game out at heywood too, I think the game will be won/lost in the heywood forward line if the roos can stop John Bell and big Mick they might be a show but if those 2 get going heywood will be very hard to stop. Branxy will take it up to coleraine as they do every team but I think the maroons will ultimately be too strong.
In the last game Dartmoor could well post a decent test cricket score against the struggling meres.

I think it's just me and you Shaun on here lately!
Spot on with the Dartmoor call though, they seem to be going along very nicely.
As for Heywood, they were too good all over the ground rather than just forward, Westerns lacked a bit out of the middle and it all fell apart after a decent first half.

I think it's just me and you Shaun on here lately!
Spot on with the Dartmoor call though, they seem to be going along very nicely.
As for Heywood, they were too good all over the ground rather than just forward, Westerns lacked a bit out of the middle and it all fell apart after a decent first half.

im a bit late but yes Dartmoor look the goods . a bit of money thrown around makes all the difference . Heywood not travelling along to bad when there all on deck . Branxholmes new roof looks great and the team has improved but a long way to go . heathmere have to tough it out . all the rest will be somewhere there abouts come finals. its still a case of money stuffing footy. end of rant .

im a bit late but yes Dartmoor look the goods . a bit of money thrown around makes all the difference . Heywood not travelling along to bad when there all on deck . Branxholmes new roof looks great and the team has improved but a long way to go . heathmere have to tough it out . all the rest will be somewhere there abouts come finals. its still a case of money stuffing footy. end of rant .

So after the break we see some fairly important games for round 9, (my tips in bold):
Westerns V Dartmoor, will determine whether or not the Roo boys have any desire for a premiership I'd say, and surely Dartmoor has to drop one soon!
Branxholme V Tyrendarra, Branxholme have been really knocking on the door this season and this game is not too far from their reach, should they want it, depending what kind of Darra team turns up I suppose
Cavendish V Heathmere, Cavendish should manage to put the Mere's away fairly easily, but as footy goes anything could happen and despite their ladder position I'd think the proud Heathmere group would hate to be the winless team so far this year
Heywood V Coleraine, the 2nd grand final rematch shoud be a great game and really set up the next half of the season. Coleraine having won 3 of it's past 5 will be looking to straighten out their record in preparation for finals. While a fit Heywood side will prove very hard to beat home or away.

Good points there operator, a lot of money getting thrown around up at Dartmoor by the sounds and it's essentially making the league uncompetitive. For me the top 2 are quite a way above the rest. Not willing to write off the darras, roos or coleraine yet but they all have some work to do (or money to spend) if they want to go deep into September.
As far as players go Aaron Johnstone looks to have become a solid contributor for heywood, Ben smith from westerns has stepped up his game and is regularly amongst their best players.
Every club would have a few.
Not sure about the disappointments.
My mid-season tips would be:
Premiers: Dartmoor
Goal kicker: McRae
League medal: Sam Bouwman from Steve Obrien and John Bell.
Team of the year would currently have about 7 Dartmoor players:
Jones, McRae, von duve, Ryan,
Bouwman maybe the one of the Polaski boys/ropitini/Brady hicks.
John bell would defiantly be the CHF, Steve obrien and Sam brewer would prob be in the midfield. Downs from branx would prob get a go in the FWD line along with either big Mckenzie from cavendish or darcy Russell from coleraine
Tye Oconnell enjoying a strong year out at the darras, anyone got any thoughts?

I think your medal predictions won't be far off the mark. I just wonder if Bouwman might get too many votes pulled by his team mates. Will be a much greater spread at Dartmoor which might put someone like O'Brien in the box seat. A couple of clubs have really struggled to get their best team on the park so may be able to show some improvement towards the end of the season if they are in a position to contend.

That time of the year again and finals and seasonal awards are here.
Great to see Darty up and about, but we all know what happened last year. It’s not over, til it’s over. Heywood boys are still licking their wounds. Is it enough to get up and knock over the raging giants? Only time and good footy will know. Although, we have seen Westerns, Tyrendarra and the never-say-die attitude of Coleraine show what is needed to get to the big dance over the last decade too.

Before finals come, we have the SW Football Presentation night that always is either interesting if you have a clubman in the mix or celebrating your Mad Monday in style. I will never forget Matt Gore or Ben Walker’s form from last year in Portland.

For the medal, I am predicting Dartmoor’s Sam Bouwman or Heywood’s Ben Millard to lead the count with Western’s Stephen O’brien and Coleraine’s Gareth Egan not too far behind.

Team of the Year-
B- M. Gore (Heath), L. Malseed (Hey), M. Phillips(Dart)
HB- M. Von Duve (Dart), S. Jones (Dart), J. Carter (Hey)
C- J. Imbi (Hey), S. Bouwman (Dart), B. Millard (Hey)
HF- S. Patterson (West), J. Bell (Hey), T. Holland (Tyr)
F- J. McCrae (Dart), D. Russell (Col), P. Downes (Branx)
R- C. Smith (Dart), S. Brewer (Branx), S. O’brien (West)
Int- (from) M. Oldfield (Dart), G. Egan (Col), T. O’Connell (Tyr), Curtis (Cav), McKenzie (Cav), Saunders (Hey), A. Whale (Col), M. Keem (West)

Coach- Simon Jones (Dart)
Captain- Peter Downes (Branx)

Best under 21 Player-
This could be won by either C. Smith (Dart), A. Johnstone (Hey), D. Russell (Col) or S. Walsh-Bannam (Dart).

Feel free to comment or give your own predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back