Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez they must have some money down the peninsula, oh well good luck to him I hope he does
Few of the boys seem to think only the coaches get paid. Must have a few asst coaches next year. One of the boys know Tegg from his days at dodges. He said he's a good fella.

any truth to the r
I can answer my own question, I'm told it'll be Dion Mead
Nice to see people are interested in what you have to offer this forum if your answering your own questions. Not sure about your source, seeing Tyson Bluett isn't leaving dodges ferry.

any truth to the r

Nice to see people are interested in what you have to offer this forum if your answering your own questions. Not sure about your source, seeing Tyson Bluett isn't leaving dodges ferry.

Hey big bean, so why would Bluett say he is going to play with Jamie Curran if he isn't?? You've obviously played a fair of bit of footy to be such an arrogant know it all, what's your pedigree expert??

Hahaha Brad curran playing, the bloke could barely play in his last year!!! That was in 2011, your mail is way off big bean

Hey big bean, so why would Bluett say he is going to play with Jamie Curran if he isn't?? You've obviously played a fair of bit of footy to be such an arrogant know it all, what's your pedigree expert??
why is Tyson Bluett training at dodges still?? Yeah I have played a fair bit of footy but that got nothing to do with this forum.

why is Tyson Bluett training at dodges still?? Yeah I have played a fair bit of footy but that got nothing to do with this forum.

Well I'd say Bluett is shopping himself round & playing the field!

No you're right it's got nothing to do with this forum, I mean anyone can say they've played a fair bit of footy, hide behind their keyboard & in reality have no idea

Well I'd say Bluett is shopping himself round & playing the field!

No you're right it's got nothing to do with this forum, I mean anyone can say they've played a fair bit of footy, hide behind their keyboard & in reality have no idea
No idea hey!! I'm not the one putting false information up. Obviously think your in the know down there, were in fact you don't know anything at all.

W
why would Tyson bluett leave dodges ferry to go to the tpc when he is coaching the colts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just abit of word on the dodges ferry players goin to the tasman peninsula crows from dodges along with jamie curran is. Michael wiggins and Micky o'donovan

Just abit of word on the dodges ferry players goin to the tasman peninsula crows from dodges along with jamie curran is. Michael wiggins and Micky o'donovan

Have they lost anyone who has played a game of seniors in the last 5 years other than Junior? Think they'll go alright, they're doing the right thing by giving the kids a crack. They'll miss junior though obviously.

Hearing they are struggling to field a senior team. A heap have gone to Bothwell apparently.

Gee, Is it the coach, committee or something else?? New Norfolk have been in at least the last 7 grand finals and now they struggling to field a senior team WTF. Maybe it is the players are leaving for Bothwell cause they "like being the big fish in a little pond" and it might be too hard to compete against Claremont, something isn't right with this situation.

I think you will find a few of the younger blokes will go as well. Heard they have been training with them.

Gee, Is it the coach, committee or something else?? New Norfolk have been in at least the last 7 grand finals and now they struggling to field a senior team WTF. Maybe it is the players are leaving for Bothwell cause they "like being the big fish in a little pond" and it might be too hard to compete against Claremont, something isn't right with this situation.
Yeah heard several rumours along the same lines regarding New Norfolk. Early days though I guess but you'd have to think with such an exodus of players that they won't be anywhere near as strong as in previous years.
Word getting around is Huonville Lions look to have recruited well after a big finish to last season and could be the one to watch aside from Claremont.
Hobart had several missing in a 54-point loss to Longford at Oatlands last weekend, jury's out on what they'll produce this year.
Sorell recorded a comfortable 88-point win over Uni-Mowbray at Oatlands yesterday, 21.8 (134) to 7.4 (46).
At Campania yesterday Brighton went down to Richmond by 24 points.
Haven't seen any other pre season results doing the rounds as yet.
Another rumour I've heard regarding a former SFL club is that Channel are in pretty big trouble and need players urgently or are likely to go under.

Last edited:
Another rumour I've heard regarding a former SFL club is that Channel are in pretty big trouble and need players urgently or are likely to go under.

Meeting Tuesday night is what I have heard. Hope things work out for the saints, nobody wants to see any football club fold or have a year off cause that never works either.[/QUOTE]

In practice matches overnight, reigning SFL premier Claremont defeated Old Scholars runner-up from last year, DOSA by 51 points, 19.18 (132) to 12.9 (81) at Abbotsfield Park and Hobart recorded a comfortable 36-point victory against St Virgil's out at SVC Austins Ferry Oval, 13.6 (84) to 7.6 (48).
In a battle of last year's SFL and TSL losing grand finalists, New Norfolk take on Glenorchy at Boyer, meanwhile down at Lauderdale, Lindisfarne travel down to take on the home side.

Last edited:
This evening's practice matches saw TSL outfit Lauderdale hand out a 73-point drubbing to Lindisfarne, 16.8 (104) to 5.1 (31) at Lauderdale and up at Boyer, Glenorchy kicked off its 2016 campaign with a 108-point thrashing of New Norfolk, 18.12 (120) to 1.6 (12).

Last edited:
Meeting Tuesday night is what I have heard. Hope things work out for the saints, nobody wants to see any football club fold or have a year off cause that never works either.
Unfortunately after 49 years the Channel Football Club has allegedly folded as per a Facebook post on the TFS&N page.
Founded after the 1967 bushfires they were a very successful member of the old Huon Football Association from 1967-1995 where they won eight senior premierships between 1975 and 1990.
In 1996 they crossed to the newly formed STFL (now the SFL) and beat Kingston (now Kingborough Tigers) in the league's first grand final at Abbotsfield Park, which was ultimately Channel's last premiership title.
The Saints were still a very well performed outfit right up until the end of the 1990s where they bowed out deep in the finals in 1998 and 1999.
From 2000 onwards the club fell away as a power and by 2008 they were suffering from massive defeats and sitting at the bottom of the ladder year after year.
In 2009, fearing the club's survival they decided to leave the SFL and join the Old Scholars FA and participated with little success there in their seven seasons of participation.
Channel Football Club still holds the record for the highest score ever kicked in the SFL with their 60.36 (396) to 1.0 (6) win over Lachlan at Snug Park on 21 July 1996.
Their margin of victory, 390 points is also an SFL all time record.

Huon Football Association: Premiers
1975, 1977, 1978, 1981, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1990.
STFL/SFL: Premiers

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back