Southern FL Div One 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any worthwhile news at all, such as any whispers on new recruits for next year, or who may be leaving their clubs.
Of even more current relevance how are the 3 remaining sides travelling injury wise. My mail is Chelsea may be missing Mouritz & Mathieson this week whilst St.Pauls could be without Lewington as well as Gilbert which we all know about. I see Buss,Dillon & Lappin ( who kicked 3 goals in Rd 18 ) didn't play last week for East Bri so wondering if they will be back for the GF>[/quote]

If St Pauls were monstered by the bigger bodies in their last encounter against Chelsea on the small Clayton ground, what do they have to do to avoid a repeat? They can try playing wide and holding possession but that creates its own pressure not to turnover the ball. Sooner or later the bigger bodies will take their toll.

Anyone got any worthwhile news at all, such as any whispers on new recruits for next year, or who may be leaving their clubs.
Of even more current relevance how are the 3 remaining sides travelling injury wise. My mail is Chelsea may be missing Mouritz & Mathieson this week whilst St.Pauls could be without Lewington as well as Gilbert which we all know about. I see Buss,Dillon & Lappin ( who kicked 3 goals in Rd 18 ) didn't play last week for East Bri so wondering if they will be back for the GF>

If St Pauls were monstered by the bigger bodies in their last encounter against Chelsea on the small Clayton ground, what do they have to do to avoid a repeat? They can try playing wide and holding possession but that creates its own pressure not to turnover the ball. Sooner or later the bigger bodies will take their toll.[/quote]

Without stating the bleeding obvious, if you play wide at Clayton, you'll be running through the beer tent.

should be a cracking game this weekend!

which players need to stand up and who is the X factor for both teams to progress through?

any lil name players will make a name for themselves this weekend or both teams to rely on proven stars?

tipping Chelsea by 14

Great game yesterday (beside the result!), CH never went away and their patch of play in the third really set them up.

I think most of us will be getting behind them against EB as CH are due for a flag (2009/2010 runners up).

Good luck to all involved and hopefully a ripping game!

Bad luck CT, you boys had a real crack but just fell short.

Now for the big one, Blue Collar v White Collar. 3 R/ups between them over the last 3 years. Who wants it more, should be a ripper of a Grand Finale to the SFL season.

For me Chelsea Heights with the abuse still ringing in their ears from 2 weeks ago by 11 points. Good luck to both teams.

Dingoes for the 2's to go Back to Back to cap off a very good season for our club.

I'm obviously backing our boys...

In the 2's though, geez the Dingo's will have to be good to get the job done against a pretty experienced & talented St. Pauls. Both games should be belters though.

Hopefully Chelsea take it out ..... Because city are about to go bang again with about 5 or 6 recruits already signed plus some former premiership players returning to the club..... I will laugh my head off if east Brighton miss this year because after the implosion city will be raring to go...... :p

SUNDAY, 23 SEPTEMBER, 2012GRAND FINALS
D1 SENIORS EAST BRIGHTON x 14pts V CHELSEA HEIGHTS 2.30PM
D1 RESERVES DINGLEY V ST PAULS x 5pts12.00PM
COLTS BENTLEIGH x 21pts V MURRUMBEENA9.30AM

Seniors: Chelsea Heights by 14 points
BOG: Murphy (CH)

Reserves: St Pauls by 20 points
BOG: Ben Pian (aka Big Ben.........aka Clock)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seniors: Chelsea Heights by 8 points

BOG: Jayden Attard

Roughie: Ryan Flack or Phil Smith

Reserves: Dingley by 22 points

BOG: Daniel Morris

Heard EB had a practice match last week and may have sustained some injuries. A mate watched them train last night and there was no Williamson or Reid on the training track. Me thinks a praccy match 1 week before a GF is too risky.
How are CH travelling injury wise. Will Mathieson or Mouritz be back this week. Looked like Fitcher limped off last week with a calf injury. Hopefully both sides are at full strength cos the game should be a ripper. If those 2 are out for EB i'd be leaning towards a CH win.

One day to go I hope our friend the prez has taken his blood pressure meds as the pressure valve is surely building and he will be hoping his team of would be's don't let him down again like they did last year when they copped a fair dinkum hiding

GO CHELSEA

Well done East Brighton enjoy the moment. Stiff Chelsea Heights, probably the better team on the day but.........???

Memo to SFL, never play Finals at Clayton again!!! Great venue if you love watching the boundary umpire throw the ball in.

Commiserations to the Dingoes 2's, beaten by a well drilled St. Pauls team. Roll on 2013, Prediction, Dingley Premiers in Shane Morwoods 3rd year of a 3 Year Plan:)

Congrats to Hilly and East Brighton. Scrappy game but a good finish.

Thought Ash Roberts and Rhett Moor were the best two players on the ground but Larsen was good for the Vampires.

Williamson had a huge third quarter after a poor first half and Douthie got into the game after barely touching it early while Francis had an ordinary day. Don't like him in the ruck, rather him close to goal.

For the Heights, Peryman has a real crack, drifted from the game a bit though but its hard not to like his endeavour and fearlessness and Smith was outstanding in the ruck and up forward.

Johnstone came under close attention and was put down off the ball a few times. Gave plenty of free advice to Vampires players too, good on him!

In the end, Chelsea had their chances but a bit of class and poise at the other end from P-Dog was pivotal. Mouritz was a big loss and Fitchy seemed to be a bit underdone whilst the Vampires were without Henningsen who smashed us in Round 13 so it all evens out I guess.

Commiserations to Puppet and the Heighters, good club who deserve to win one soon. They are getting closer!

Congratulations East Brighton Football Club - 2012 SFL Division 1 Premiers.
East Brighton - 9.8.62 Def. Chelsea Heights 8.9.57.
Larsen best on the ground by a long way

Where is the original post of this one Koach? FG hasn't woken up this morning and tried to clear the evidence has he? You weren't drunk posting again where you FG?

A good win East Brighton, you won a game that could have finished either way. Congratulations and enjoy your time in the sun.

FG, winners can say and do as they please but acting like a flog doesn't endear you to anyone.

Humility: the quality of being modest and respectful

You can still be the premiers, enjoy and experience AND display humility.
Seriously what else would you expect
Would've been funny to see east Brighton lose again? Yes
Do I care that they won it? No
I just don't want to hear quotes like we're all mates who play for the love of the club
And as a club we hardly spent a cent to win the flag lol
I'm sure our good friend Stephen hill will be on here at some stage
Or be making a point in his little match report to stick it up thekoach hahaha
Those people really need to get there priorities in order but it was good to know that I was getting to them that was the highlight of the sfl season
Anyways I didn't make it to the game yesterday did hopey go for the oversized red shoes when the pressure was on I'm sure batfink would've give them a good polish

Generally speaking most quarters were only 22-24mins in length, not just in the Grand Final.....but the whole finals series! So yeah about the right amount of time.
How was the classy display of the umpires 34-9 was the free kick count. Not sure if CH were the best side on the day, when they have that sort of advantage. Great grinding win from the Vampires- best team all year and deserve to be the PREMIERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back