MORDIALLOC:
EAST BRIGHTON: Peter Larsen (New)
ST KILDA CITY: Robert Johns (New)
CHELTENHAM: Des Ryan (New)
OAKLEIGH DISTRICT:
CLAYTON:Nick Scanlon
Anstee being strongly pursued by a B Grade VAFA club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious as to how much he was getting at Dingley and how much it took for him to jump ship!
They probably the asked him to take a pay cut like they did at East Brighton and daddy wasn't happy with it so he got out the phone book and started shopping again.

$700 a game I am not sure on that as Thomastown don't have a heap of money to splash he would be the highest payed at the club if this is so according friends that know Thomastown footy club quite well

He's not worth more than 400$, goes missing in the big games, especially in finals, and only beats up on the lesser teams. Seen him too many times to be convinced otherwise.

Richard Houston appointed senior coach at St Pauls. What does this mean for St Pauls & the SFL?

St Pauls have a pretty proud reputation (in comparison to some clubs) for not paying overs and generally trying to develop from within or at least focusing on local talent. Wonder how that reputation will look in a couple of years?

Will Houston buy another flag to enhance his reputation or do it the traditional way – i.e. by developing what he’s got and using some tactical nous? The answer seems fairly obvious.

St Pauls have a pretty proud reputation (in comparison to some clubs) for not paying overs and generally trying to develop from within or at least focusing on local talent. Wonder how that reputation will look in a couple of years?

Will Houston buy another flag to enhance his reputation or do it the traditional way – i.e. by developing what he’s got and using some tactical nous? The answer seems fairly obvious.

Proud reputation, give me a break.

Parkmore, St.Kilda City and now St.Pauls. What an inspired coaching decision, any local kids to miss out due to high priced, short term imports.

First recruit Danny Cassett.

Proud reputation, give me a break.

Parkmore, St.Kilda City and now St.Pauls. What an inspired coaching decision, any local kids to miss out due to high priced, short term imports.

First recruit Danny Cassett.

I’m not a St Pauls person, far from it. But any objective assessor would have to agree that when it comes to throwing cash around to recruit players they have been miles behind many of the Div 1 clubs.

However agree entirely with your other comments. Any such reputation they may have enjoyed will go down the toilet the moment Houston walks in the joint.

He's not worth more than 400$, goes missing in the big games, especially in finals, and only beats up on the lesser teams. Seen him too many times to be convinced otherwise.
Wasn't about dollars. He couldn't train next year due to work commitments. Morwood won't play anyone who can't train. Whatever he was getting paid at Dingley we were happy with his service. 2 years, 120 odd goals and a flag.

Back