Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As an outsider looking in one could argue that since these 'guns' have left, Cheltenham's performances have improved.

Chelt are 3-0 without them; Old Brighton are 2-0 with them; and the Dewars get to play in the 1sts without having to train, just as they wanted.

Its a win-win-win for all concerned. Time for everyone to move on.

Am I led to believe that you are saying, '' its a win win for all concerned '' that you can go be Prem B Ammos and play 1sts without training, if true, no wonder OB will be heading to C grade next year. I think i'll go down and make my self available.

Am I led to believe that you are saying, '' its a win win for all concerned '' that you can go be Prem B Ammos and play 1sts without training, if true, no wonder OB will be heading to C grade next year. I think i'll go down and make my self available.

Ha Ha probably the funniest thing I have read on BF. SFL the 'pinnacle of training commitment' where every player from Div 1 to Div 3 training attendance is massive. Having played Div 1 and playing in a higher Ammo grade and an old man involved in a Div 2 club your statement is an absolute cracker. I have seen PAID SFL Div1 players hardly train just take the money and run. You should go to OB or any Ammo club and see the numbers at training, but please don't participate as you will bring the standard down and you may struggle with the coaching level as well .

I can tell you FACT, Ammo has 3 times as many on the track than any SFL on any given night. Go to East Brighton, Hampton Hammers, Heatherton or Highett on a cold Tuesday night and you could count the senior players on one hand on the track then go to Hampton Rovers, Beaumaris, OB and see the level of commitment. Absolute cracker, keep it up.

Chelt are 3-0 without them; Old Brighton are 2-0 with them; and the Dewars get to play in the 1sts without having to train, just as they wanted.

Its a win-win-win for all concerned. Time for everyone to move on.

So let's get this straight, they didn't train but they were BOTH selected in the 1s EVERY week. So your club has a culture that the 1s don't have to train and get selected regardless. ( blood Stained Angles should go to Cjelt) was happy for them not to train but play...oh only until they left the club then BA has a crack at them on here. Poor form as I think it says more about your club than those guys.

Now we can move on.

Ha Ha probably the funniest thing I have read on BF. SFL the 'pinnacle of training commitment' where every player from Div 1 to Div 3 training attendance is massive. Having played Div 1 and playing in a higher Ammo grade and an old man involved in a Div 2 club your statement is an absolute cracker. I have seen PAID SFL Div1 players hardly train just take the money and run. You should go to OB or any Ammo club and see the numbers at training, but please don't participate as you will bring the standard down and you may struggle with the coaching level as well .

I can tell you FACT, Ammo has 3 times as many on the track than any SFL on any given night. Go to East Brighton, Hampton Hammers, Heatherton or Highett on a cold Tuesday night and you could count the senior players on one hand on the track then go to Hampton Rovers, Beaumaris, OB and see the level of commitment. Absolute cracker, keep it up.
You've obviously got over excited regarding the post and induced yourself manually. I was merely commenting on the two Bro's who went back to ammos and didn't have to train to play that standard. That policy is obviously working for OB, just wonder if the numbers will be up next year in c grade.

Again here we go with misguided examples. Noticed that you have targeted 1 first Div club '' who is struggling '' and 2nd div clubs who are perennial water treaders. Why don't YOU go to Dingley, East Malvern, St Pauls, Bentleigh '' last count 55 on the track last week '' and then clear your head.

You've obviously got over excited regarding the post and induced yourself manually. I was merely commenting on the two Bro's who went back to ammos and didn't have to train to play that standard. That policy is obviously working for OB, just wonder if the numbers will be up next year in c grade.

Great reply 'guttermouth' just typical SFL. Call me misguided, OB are now 4 wins and will easily avoid relegation to C grade, so get your facts right and then post in a civil manner and save your embarrassment.

Again here we go with misguided examples. Noticed that you have targeted 1 first Div club '' who is struggling '' and 2nd div clubs who are perennial water treaders. Why don't YOU go to Dingley, East Malvern, St Pauls, Bentleigh '' last count 55 on the track last week '' and then clear your head.

What? 55 between them as you didnt mention the club so thats 12-13 per club or just on half the senior team- wow.

You must have misread my post where I have stated to have played Div 1 SFL so not misguided at all. You conveniently forgot to put up Clayton and St Kilda City. SuperFreak has already stated as FACT that the Dewars where afforded senior selection on no training and no problem unless of course you decide to leave and then BA gets on here to discredit the player (they look forward to you getting there this week).

On paper we could compare VAFA Premier to SFL Div 1 however as you know this would be embarrassing. On my own facts SFL Div 1 - VAFA Division D which is backed up by Interleague rating. I would say the training commitment of both would be the same.

If so, are you seriously telling me the current coach was the best candidate to develop the youth of the club? I presume he had a previous track record of this type of development? If I am wrong then I will stand corrected,however I as most posters were probably under the impression he was bringing things other than his commitment to youth development to the club. You are correct that Kenny deserved the Hall of Fame recognition. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season.
Houston thinks youth development is a juvenile detention centre.
Doggies list is better than there results show. They could have gone with a much better option so that's the pity. Good luck to shawey who is a champion
Bloke with unlike Houston A GOOD FOOTBALL BRAIN!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SuperFreak has already stated as FACT that the Dewars where afforded senior selection on no training and no problem unless of course you decide to leave and then BA gets on here to discredit the player (they look forward to you getting there this week).
At no stage did I discredit anyone – I was merely explains the facts behind the boys returning to OB. But after all your cracks at the coach in your first few posts, to accuse anyone of 'discrediting' someone is frankly hilarious.
My understanding is that they had trained up until the point they told the coach they couldn't anymore due to new business commitments and they were informed that their selection would come down to form. One was subsequently left out and clearances for both were lodged within 24 hours to OB.
Obviously I'm only aware of one side of the story, so if any of that is incorrect I apologise, as you seem to know a lot about it.
Both seem to be doing well at OB on return and the team has obviously gotten a big lift, so we wish them well.
And yes, its time to move on. Doesn't do anyone any good to continue to debate the situations.

Last edited:
At no stage did I discredit anyone – I was merely explains the facts behind the boys returning to OB. But after all your cracks at the coach in your first few posts, to accuse anyone of 'discrediting' someone is frankly hilarious.
My understanding is that they had trained up until the point they told the coach they couldn't anymore due to new business commitments and they were informed that their selection would come down to form. One was subsequently left out and clearances for both where lodged within 24 hours to OB.
Obviously I'm only aware of one side of the story, so if any of that is incorrect feel free to inform us, as you seem to know a lot about it.
Both seem to be doing well at OB on return and the team has obviously gotten a big lift, so we wish them well.

'my understanding' I think sums it up and as a jorno you need to deal with facts. So I think your replies are more hilarious than mine

Your coaches latest/only gig was as a very junior coach, Fact?..Yes, as per your own website, so not sure how stating a FACT can discredit him. If it upsets you that much for a person to state your coaches last gig was as a junior coach then in around about way you are actually showing your insecurities of his appointment.

your statement "and the Dewars get to play in the 1sts without having to train, just as they wanted' clearly highlights that you believe they went back to OB so they did not have to train to play 1's. You are virtually stating OB play guys that do not train. Is that Fact?...or is that to discredited them and more importantly the OB football club and kick them on the way out?.

Get down to OB one night, introduce yourself and watch them them train I reckon. Extracting you from the 'cotton wool' world of Weatherall Road could actually help you see how other clubs operate.

Moving on.

Last edited:
What? 55 between them as you didnt mention the club so thats 12-13 per club or just on half the senior team- wow.

You must have misread my post where I have stated to have played Div 1 SFL so not misguided at all. You conveniently forgot to put up Clayton and St Kilda City. SuperFreak has already stated as FACT that the Dewars where afforded senior selection on no training and no problem unless of course you decide to leave and then BA gets on here to discredit the player (they look forward to you getting there this week).

On paper we could compare VAFA Premier to SFL Div 1 however as you know this would be embarrassing. On my own facts SFL Div 1 - VAFA Division D which is backed up by Interleague rating. I would say the training commitment of both would be the same.

Ease up Newfac. Yep Ammo Div1 is a pretty good standard, but the rest of the Ammos has fallen away in the past few years. I watch both leagues and have done so for the past decade, so let's not carried away.

What is happening at east Malvern I heard they were spending heaps on players and they lost again!

Injuries or not for the money East Malvern are spending they should be doing a lot better than what they have shown. They are too top heavy and slow and I'm surprised they continually recruit these types of players when results the past 3 seasons have shown they lack leg speed across the ground. Sides like Dingley and Mordialloc who are quick will show them up all the time.

Injuries or not for the money East Malvern are spending they should be doing a lot better than what they have shown. They are too top heavy and slow and I'm surprised they continually recruit these types of players when results the past 3 seasons have shown they lack leg speed across the ground. Sides like Dingley and Mordialloc who are quick will show them up all the time.
I dunno, bit hard when you cant get your best side on the park.
they had Brock Baker playing in their ones. hes 38 for god sakes..

Back