Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow couple of upsets today....Clayton on a role beat Bentleigh and Oakliegh Districts beat East Malvern....final series should be good

Wow couple of upsets today....Clayton on a role beat Bentleigh and Oakliegh Districts beat East Malvern....

Great for the competition these upset results........but it would be even more competitive if Port Colts were involved. We all know where they should be playing this season. You don't sit 4 games and over 100% on top for no reason.

Great for the competition these upset results........but it would be even more competitive if Port Colts were involved. We all know where they should be playing this season. You don't sit 4 games and over 100% on top for no reason.
Yeah true, sfl should of let them come straight to div 1. Let's hope they let Chelsea seagulls into the big dance

I know Chelsea Seagulls have been struggling the last 10 yrs since their last flag in 2006, but cant see them coming across to the SFL. Too much history and rivalries in the MPNFL eg: Edi Asp Sunday clashes (they used to be brilliant to play in) to make the move and I believe they shouldn't because of that. Football goes in circles and Im sure Chelsea will come good again and be competitive in the MPNFL.

I know Chelsea Seagulls have been struggling the last 10 yrs since their last flag in 2006, but cant see them coming across to the SFL. Too much history and rivalries in the MPNFL eg: Edi Asp Sunday clashes (they used to be brilliant to play in) to make the move and I believe they shouldn't because of that. Football goes in circles and Im sure Chelsea will come good again and be competitive in the MPNFL.
I'll think you will find there might be a few other sides looking at there options, you need divisional football, something the mpnfl can't offer. I heard they made inquiries last year, another year finishing last night be the tipping point

Great point regarding divisional football and I'm all for it and it will generally balance out leagues and see less 1 sided contests. I'm also lead to believe South East footballing body is having talks about re-structuring footy in the area which could see Peninsula, Nepean and the South East league join as 1 with 3 divisions based on ability not on geographical location. When MPNFL (Premier, D1 and D2) had this set up between 1997-2003 the quality of the top grade was unbelievable and there was some great footy each week. If this was to happen then I think Chelsea will stay, if not as u say they may be tempted to make the move?

Even comp? Hmmm... Interested to see how even it really is when Dingley put their full side on the park in the finals...
Dingley are miles ahead but the rest are slowly catching up, reckon 2-3 years it'll be pretty even

how will clubs cope with reduction of points next year especially wye the mercenaries leave clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reduction of points next year will matter little, as if you can retain players, then they are all discounted with one point each. Most clubs are already operating well under the points allocated anyway. 50 points was always going to a soft buffer, especially those clubs with Under 19s. A couple of teams are even running well below 30 points this year

I heard next year is 40 pts and given most good teams lose paid players the replacements will be high points. Even this year 2 top teams played players in reserves because they would be over 50 pts

I heard next year is 40 pts and given most good teams lose paid players the replacements will be high points. Even this year 2 top teams played players in reserves because they would be over 50 pts
Who are the top teams nearing 50pts. Definitely not Dingley even when they get their injuries back they are still well under. My understanding is the top teams have carried as many injuries as anyone so I find it hard to believe clubs are being forced to play senior players in the reserves. Could be wrong but I feel the standard has dropped a little this year.

Who are the top teams nearing 50pts. Definitely not Dingley even when they get their injuries back they are still well under. My understanding is the top teams have carried as many injuries as anyone so I find it hard to believe clubs are being forced to play senior players in the reserves. Could be wrong but I feel the standard has dropped a little this year.
Dingley is lucky that 60% of there team are juniors and the other 40% have been there along time so they don't attract many points. They could recruit heavily next year, get walmesly and peet back and still be under 40 point cap. Clubs need to invest in juniors

Dingley is lucky that 60% of there team are juniors and the other 40% have been there along time so they don't attract many points. They could recruit heavily next year, get walmesly and peet back and still be under 40 point cap. Clubs need to invest in juniors
Certainly some teams will struggle with reduced points, Clayton especially with no direct feeder club will fall off within the next 2-3 unless they get some quality youth now, we're seeing that EB may struggle unless they repair they're relationship with the juniors. Teams like Dingley, Bentleigh, Cheltenham and Caulfield with stronger relationships with juniors will be the ones reaping the rewards 5 years from now

I don't think we'll have to worry too much about Dingley, strong word from a club source suggests that they will be applying for the EDFL as they believe they have outgrown the SFL.
If true, then we will have a pretty even top Division, but the standard will drop significantly.

I don't think we'll have to worry too much about Dingley, strong word from a club source suggests that they will be applying for the EDFL as they believe they have outgrown the SFL.
If true, then we will have a pretty even top Division, but the standard will drop significantly.
Wouldn't have thought so. We are stretched as it is financially. Noble Park would pay 5 players what we pay our entire list and they might still miss finals. I think the SFL should keep trying to grow, keep approaching the Hampton Parks, Chelsea's and Parkdale's.

Wouldn't have thought so. We are stretched as it is financially. Noble Park would pay 5 players what we pay our entire list and they might still miss finals. I think the SFL should keep trying to grow, keep approaching the Hampton Parks, Chelsea's and Parkdale's.
Correct, dingley would get belted in efl. They aren't going anywhere. But sfl do need to chase a few other good sides to make a 12 team division 1 comp that will be stronger than what it is now

On that point, somebody calculated that Dingley's grand final side last year would have tallied 43 points. They'd be below that now.

Back