Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You're right you need to get over Bentleigh first. Hope you do make it as we found Bentleigh and their supporters a little bit arrogant when they beat us late in the year. Have to be big doubts on Fermanis even if they get through. Just walking around the ground last week he was hobbling. Looked pretty serious. Oakleigh's backline beat our forwards last week. Not much between the sides either way.
Bentleigh arrogant? Ridiculous. Well we are going to find out next week. The Dingley supporters are no shrinking violets.Going to be an interesting match.

Tips for Sunday lads? Dingley bye 5 goals. Farmer BOG. Missed Sunday's game, did someone get belted?

Tips for Sunday lads? Dingley bye 5 goals. Farmer BOG. Missed Sunday's game, did someone get belted?

Was not there but heard that an innocuous comment was made by a spectator to a player who had earlier (allegedly) Ko’d a young oppostion player. Spectator was then given a savage beat down which required involvement of police and officials to restore order. Apparently a very ugly scene and restraint shown by some prevented it escalating.

While reaction was apparently way of over the top it underlines why spectators should keep comments to themselves. Was given name of club and player involved but have refrained from identifying here.

Don’t shoot the messenger. Just reporting what I was told by someone who was there. Others may have a more accurate description of events but seems another black eye for the SFNL.

Was not there but heard that an innocuous comment was made by a spectator to a player who had earlier (allegedly) Ko’d a young oppostion player. Spectator was then given a savage beat down which required involvement of police and officials to restore order. Apparently a very ugly scene and restraint shown by some prevented it escalating.

While reaction was apparently way of over the top it underlines why spectators should keep comments to themselves. Was given name of club and player involved but have refrained from identifying here.

Don’t shoot the messenger. Just reporting what I was told by someone who was there. Others may have a more accurate description of events but seems another black eye for the SFNL.

So now spectators are forbidden from making a comment? The player involved should be suspended for all of next season, and should be sued if he caused any damage. Are footballers such prima donnas now that they cannot handle a comment from the boundary? They should grow up.

So now spectators are forbidden from making a comment? The player involved should be suspended for all of next season, and should be sued if he caused any damage. Are footballers such prima donnas now that they cannot handle a comment from the boundary? They should grow up.

Never said that. Just suggesting that sometimes best to say nothing as it can lead to unsavoury incidents like what occurred yesterday. And from what I understand the comment made during one of the quarter breaks, not from over the fence. Either way it did not warrant the over the top reaction that apparently followed. The course of action suggested in your post seems likely to some extent. understand league and maybe police already involved. Not sure about proposed civil action as no significant harm done.

As per previous I was not there so this is just speculation. Maybe others have a more accurate account of events.

The spectator had a crack at the Oakleigh player as he walked across the ground to the change rooms at half time. It could have been very ugly, but didn't amount to much. It wasn't a great look.

Surely Dingley just win? Havent followed this as much as recently, but has the pack caught up to them, or have Dingley slid?
Is Nicholls playing?
Nichols most likely playing but also selection team finally grew a neck and selected based on matchups last week, so I'm hoping we put up a good fight

If a spectator walks to within 5 meters of a player as he is walking off the ground at halftime calling him weak among other things and then gets belted he should accept that because the same would happen in a pub or anywhere else. He was already reported and the tribunal will deal with it. No need for a hero spectator to even be there.

If a spectator walks to within 5 meters of a player as he is walking off the ground at halftime calling him weak among other things and then gets belted he should accept that because the same would happen in a pub or anywhere else. He was already reported and the tribunal will deal with it. No need for a hero spectator to even be there.

So you're saying its OK for someone to belt someone after a sledge? Didn't see the incident but I think your statement is wrong. Definitely the wrong mentality

So if someone said something to you drunk at the pub. You'd go and belt him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of all I will qualify my statement by saying I wasn't there but was told about the incident by a family member who witnessed it.
Apparently the spectator hit the player first. The police asked the player did he want to press charges to which the player concerned said no.

So if someone said something to you drunk at the pub. You'd go and belt him?
Personally I wouldn't no. Nor would I hit someone on game day for a sledge. But as a spectator don't abuse players like it is a right. 9 out of 10 players might have ignored him. Unfortunately for this bloke he couldn't back up his words.

Back